India v England 2008

England really need to bin Ian Bell. We won't, I can almost guarantee he'll be there at the start of the West Indies ODi series, but we really need to bin him and get someone like Denly in. The first 2-3 overs were the ones that cost us today, if Bell and Bopara had got off to a good start we'd have won that game. I bet it'll be Bopara who gets dropped first though, even if he's the most talented young batsman in England. Apart from the opening partnership, and Jimmy Anderson we're not doing alot wrong. Middle order is looking stronger, the spinners are finding their feet, but we just can't win. Quite frustrating.
What makes you think Joe Denly would get off to a good start? I think he's one for next season, perhaps. Kudos to Bopara though. Someone needed to bite the bullet and try opening. It hasn't exactly been overwhelming, but it's a good step.

However, there is definitely less to fault England for than you'd expect. Yuvraj has outplayed everyone by an immense margin. For England to compete with that, they really need not only an average Pietersen, they need him to be on fire. Even in the Indian side, Sehwag with his three 50s is 100 runs behind Yuvraj in the series. There's probably 10 or 11 players putting out a high standard so far, but Yuvraj Singh has been able to have the output of two or three players. You just can't expect players to do that. Sure, in the remaining 3 games his performances may even out and although that would satisfy the statistics god, he's already done enough to win the series.

When all is said and done, England do have to show heart. They should let a couple of players go, but the tough decision is keeping the ones that will pay off. Several of the younger guys especially, should be given time to use this experience.

4-0,Great Thanks to Sehwag,Yuvi,Zaheer,I Sharma,M Patel now what?5-2 or 6-1 or 7-0?

4-3...

nah, India can take this 7-0 with the form that their players are currently in. but given that some of the Indian players will now be making way for the benchwarmers, I think it'll be more of an even contest for England - who need something (anything) to hold onto for the upcoming test matches

haven't seen much of this Shah fella, is he in the England test squad?

Excellent win for the Indians this was very easy.
tbh this 4 matches except the 22 overs game were dull and less intrested.
Congrats Sehwag 6 th Indian 6000 RUNS :happy :clap

England looks very tight match after match but it's to late now! hope it's not 4-3 should be 6-1 or 5-2

Yeah forgot to congratulate Viru...Congrats on 6K runs in ODI's.

6-1 on the cards for me, As we will rest a few players, Our firepower will be decreased slightly, And England are getting better each match.

What makes you think Joe Denly would get off to a good start? I think he's one for next season, perhaps. Kudos to Bopara though. Someone needed to bite the bullet and try opening. It hasn't exactly been overwhelming, but it's a good step.

However, there is definitely less to fault England for than you'd expect. Yuvraj has outplayed everyone by an immense margin. For England to compete with that, they really need not only an average Pietersen, they need him to be on fire. Even in the Indian side, Sehwag with his three 50s is 100 runs behind Yuvraj in the series. There's probably 10 or 11 players putting out a high standard so far, but Yuvraj Singh has been able to have the output of two or three players. You just can't expect players to do that. Sure, in the remaining 3 games his performances may even out and although that would satisfy the statistics god, he's already done enough to win the series.

When all is said and done, England do have to show heart. They should let a couple of players go, but the tough decision is keeping the ones that will pay off. Several of the younger guys especially, should be given time to use this experience.

I think you have highlighted that we mustn't be too brash with any firing and hiring. The middle order have struggled to fire and a couple of bowlers have struggled to keep it tight or take wickets. Prior has been in poor form, too. We shouldn't forget that it is one of the toughest, if not the toughest place to play cricket.

MOM Zaheer for me. What a brilliant cricketer.

Yep, he was the difference between the two sides. Bowled brilliantly in the beginning, then came in the last power-play and took the wicket of dangerous Owais Shah who was taking the match away from India.

He also worked with Ishant sharma and Munaf Patel. He is one of the asset for Indian Team.

Zaheer Khan! What a guy. At first, I was apprehensive that the transformation as of England was merely due to pitches suiting his style. How wrong I was, he is a canny bowler (such an overused term these days) who bowls good pace and extracts good movement. He is the all round package with the ball in both ODIs and Tests. Sure, I do not rate his ability to be a potent wicket taker on flat pitches; but as a seam bowler, that is expecting far too much and we need someone to be consistent as he is. Someone like Ishant Sharma is more of a wicket taker on flat pitches, but Lord knows you cannot have two of them in an attack as they will often leak far too many runs. Zaheer is the perfect foil to Ishant in Tests and when there is the tinyest bit of juice in the wicket or swing in the air, Zaheer has found a way to use it to its maximum potential, an invaluable asset.

As for Munaf Patel, I cannot wait for him to find a spot in the Test team. I am not saying it should happen soon, but I fully expect him to succeed. In ODIs, he is far more cautious and he lets himself go a bit more in Tests and consequently reaches higher speeds and is more of a wicket taker - the textbook correct approach to both forms of the game. I have always rated a fit Munaf as a potent Test option and feel that it is only up from here from the Gujarat Hobo. I feel nothing technical is required, merely strengthening himself to maintain a very strong form in delivery with powerful oblique and core muscles.

I have always rated a fit Munaf as a potent Test option and feel that it is only up from here from the Gujarat Hobo.

I think his hair is epic, but that's just me.

Nah, it really isn't. You'll be claiming that Ishant Sharma or Jimmy Anderson's new hair cuts are cool next. Seriously, what has Jimmy done to his hair. He's just let it grow and looks a complete tard, he always bowls better when he's looking good, cut the locks Jimmy, bring back the old style, far cooler. I also didn't think Ishant Sharma could get any uglier, was proven wrong by his shocking hair cut, looks a right knob. Zaheer on the other hand, he's one cool dude, doesn't really have a style, but he just looks awesomely cool all the time, same for Dhoni.

Blimey Dan, you should be working in the England camp, I've always thought Jimmy's problem has been with his haircut :p

And in planetcricket time honoured tradition [/sarcasm]

Anyone think Ishant Sharma's haircut looks like a Tom Cruise wannabe haircut. Surely he must known what kind of haircut he would have wanted before he went into the barber's.

Hammond_450x300.jpg

Nah, I think he was going for more of a Hamster look tbh.

So what can Ishant really do with his hair? I'm really curious lol. His head looks really tiny and if he gets short hair he'll look awkward I think. What kinda hair do you think he should go for KP?

I hope Ishant doesn't suffer an Irfan-esque drop in form after getting rid of the hair. If I recall, Irfan started sucking after the visit to the barber.

Zaheer Khan! What a guy. At first, I was apprehensive that the transformation as of England was merely due to pitches suiting his style. How wrong I was, he is a canny bowler (such an overused term these days) who bowls good pace and extracts good movement. He is the all round package with the ball in both ODIs and Tests. Sure, I do not rate his ability to be a potent wicket taker on flat pitches; but as a seam bowler, that is expecting far too much and we need someone to be consistent as he is. Someone like Ishant Sharma is more of a wicket taker on flat pitches, but Lord knows you cannot have two of them in an attack as they will often leak far too many runs. Zaheer is the perfect foil to Ishant in Tests and when there is the tinyest bit of juice in the wicket or swing in the air, Zaheer has found a way to use it to its maximum potential, an invaluable asset.

As for Munaf Patel, I cannot wait for him to find a spot in the Test team. I am not saying it should happen soon, but I fully expect him to succeed. In ODIs, he is far more cautious and he lets himself go a bit more in Tests and consequently reaches higher speeds and is more of a wicket taker - the textbook correct approach to both forms of the game. I have always rated a fit Munaf as a potent Test option and feel that it is only up from here from the Gujarat Hobo. I feel nothing technical is required, merely strengthening himself to maintain a very strong form in delivery with powerful oblique and core muscles.

I think zaheer is bowling as well as he did in 2003 world cup.I disagree
he is not a wickettaker on flat pitches do you remember his spell in pak
in 2005 on the flatest track of them all his seam position is the best i ahve seen in current bowlers apart from sreesanth so he will get wickets through
reverse swing on flat tracks also like he did in bordergavaskar series,
i have not seen a indian fastbowler leading the attack like he is doing,
his inputs to ishant and other younsters is so beneficial.

I am still not convinced about munaf i really thought he had great potential
but he still lacks stamina which is evident in later spells,i think a good idea
would be to bowl his 10 overs in the 1st spell itself.in test agianst england,pakistan,i would really like sreesanth to walk in to the team if he is fit.

Users who are viewing this thread