India v England 2008

Well I expected us to capitulate to <100a/o so exceeded my expectations

The matches are getting closer and closer so, by the 7th match, we'll get a tie.

Engand wasted the powerplay :p Colly is out of form, probably Mascherenas would have been great chocie in this format ;)

I can't believe England don't use Mascherenas after he did well in New Zealand. He hit a bunch of sixes which has been England's problem. They can't keep up with high run-rates.

Spinners were crap in this game for India, 90 off their 8 overs. Zak MOM for me also, He really is in the form of his life as well as some of players in this side (Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Patel).

Indeed, on the topic of Munaf, he has once again found his groove as an ODI bowler. The key now is merely reducing the two balls at the start of a spell which are extremely loose and slow. Steve Waugh and Shaun Tait both employed the short ball as a quick way of warming up without bowling something like a gentle half volley and perhaps Munaf should trial this.

England really need to bin Ian Bell. We won't, I can almost guarantee he'll be there at the start of the West Indies ODi series, but we really need to bin him and get someone like Denly in. The first 2-3 overs were the ones that cost us today, if Bell and Bopara had got off to a good start we'd have won that game. I bet it'll be Bopara who gets dropped first though, even if he's the most talented young batsman in England. Apart from the opening partnership, and Jimmy Anderson we're not doing alot wrong. Middle order is looking stronger, the spinners are finding their feet, but we just can't win. Quite frustrating.

Haha, who was it that ran into the ballboy?

Nah, he sucks period.

Raina did. My mum went "awwww" and I burst out laughing, classic stuff. Just the way he fell in a heap. It was also hilarious when Raina tried to do the team work swap of the ball and it went forr a boundary.

Nice win of India and a good thing that England went after the total.

I really thought that when Shah and Flintoff were batting England would clinch it, However it was that over from Zak that turned the tides. Give Kohli, Irfan and Ojha a game maybe for he next 4 ODI's? And give Zak, Viru and Gambhir a rest?

India's bowling is actually quite good. They need to sort that 5th bowler spot though, and I think that's where they're thinking about Irfan Pathan. Their batting is explosive. I like Yusuf Pathan in there, provides real firepower following Yuvraj and Dhoni. If Sachin too plays well this series it'd be awesome.

England need to sort out their bowling. Apart from Flintoff the others aren't able to contain the runs.

I have a doubt. When both teams are playing same number of overs, what is the need to use D/L method?

Users who are viewing this thread