India v England 2008

I like Yusuf Pathan in there, provides real firepower following Yuvraj and Dhoni.

But what's the point if he just leaks runs when bowling, undoing all his batting work. I'd prefer his brother, to be honest.

Possibly a new India squad to be announced soon? Give Sehwag, Gambhir, Ishant, Zaheer, Harbhajan and of course Dhoni a rest. They've been playing non stop cricket for as afar as I can remember now. Get in Murali Vijay, Uthappa, and Badri to fill in the batting, Praveen and possibly Trivedi for the bowlers. Get Karthik in and give Dhoni a much needed and much earned rest.

Vijay
Sachin
Badrinath (C:p)
Yuvraj
Kohli
Uthappa
Karthik (WK)
Ojha
Praveen
Trivedi
Munaf

Something like that.

*snap snap*

Ok, we're back to reality, Rohit.

Sorry to say buy Yuvraj would probably be captain if the likes of Dhoni, Viru and Zaheer weren't playing.

Dhoni is currently the most hated Cricketer among Cricketers. (A Press Release).

I have a doubt. When both teams are playing same number of overs, what is the need to use D/L method?

India did not know they were playing 22 overs until the 17th. They started off relatively slowly and had to really pick it up toward the end. Consequently, they ended up with a far lesser total, on average, than if they would have known it was 22 overs a side from ball one.

India's bowling is actually quite good. They need to sort that 5th bowler spot though, and I think that's where they're thinking about Irfan Pathan. Their batting is explosive. I like Yusuf Pathan in there, provides real firepower following Yuvraj and Dhoni. If Sachin too plays well this series it'd be awesome.

England need to sort out their bowling. Apart from Flintoff the others aren't able to contain the runs.

Completely agree. Can anyone tell me why our bowlers have this annoying habit of pitching the ball short in the sub continent? I know some Indian players don't play short balls well, but that's in places where there is pace in the pitch.

Moreover, England bowlers bowling at top speed really isn't the cleverist thing to do to Indian batsmen who have succeeded against Akhtar and Lee.

Got nothing to do with speed, accuracy is what matters. Can't tell bowlers to bowl slower if it isn't what they normally do.

They don't vary their pace nearly as much as the Indian bowlers do. It's predictable, they could take a few pointers.

After all, the English pace trio in Broad, Anderson, and Flintoff are very similar to Zaheer, Munaf, and Ishanth. There's a line and length bowler, a swing bowler, and a tall out and out fast bowler. They could take a few pointers out of the Indian books and learn how to bowl in these conditions.

Got nothing to do with speed, accuracy is what matters. Can't tell bowlers to bowl slower if it isn't what they normally do.

I might not be thinking straight because I had a couple too many last night. But England's bowlers have been charging in to bowl in this series and it is just not logical as the pitches are in the most part dead and only reward stringent accuracy. Also, although this is an overstated cliche, as they try to bowl faster, the accuracy goes down when they tire too quickly and actions begin to fall apart.

Zaheer has been wonderful. I've always been a big fan of Zak, ever since he burst onto the scene. He no longer has that pace that he had initially, but he's a very intelligent bowler. His variation of bouncer, yorker and slower ball was excellent. The execution too. Very good stuff. Opening the bowling too, his line and length is great. I suppose the only thing that's slightly missing is big swing but can't really criticize that.

Munaf Patel has been great. I've never quite liked him but his control has been excellent. Ishant can learn one or two from Munaf about consistency, but I don't want him to lose pace. His pace is key to his success. Harbhajan....too many full tosses this game, but I'm sure he'll do better in a 50 match. I have noticed that he's not really spinning his off spinners a great deal, which is slightly worrying and he needs to work on that.

4-0,Great Thanks to Sehwag,Yuvi,Zaheer,I Sharma,M Patel now what?5-2 or 6-1 or 7-0?

Users who are viewing this thread