India v England 2008

Flintoff gone early but Prior and Anderson tried their best to build a good partnership. A good bowling by Bhajji and Amit Mishra.

Dhoni has let this drift a little too long. England are obviously happy with drawing the game, which is why they are batting so defensively! We should have brought the second new ball out a long time back.

England's last wicket is frustrating India,but finally England have crossed 300 figure,they would have been all down under that,thanks to Prior and co.

nikhil_99 added 7 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Finally Eng all down 316,good job done by Indian bowlers,they took 5 wickets today in 1 session and few overs of second session....

Sharma bags the last one. I think we've let them make 30-40 runs extra here. If Anderson and Harmy pick up a couple early, we will be in all sorts of trouble, especially since we'll be super-defensive against the spinners.

We did let them off the hook.We should`ve bowled them out for 270-280. Harmy,Anderson and Co. hung around for a bit too long.
But this sets it up nicely.A couple of wickets would put England on top but a decent start would get India on top. Sets the test match up nicely. A welcome change from the 600+ scores in India.

aditya123 added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Let us see which Harmisson turns up today.If it is the Harmy of the 04-05 season, we`ll have a match on our hands.
Anderson has always troubled Tendulkar and Dravid.So he`ll be a handful if it swings.
Freddie is the best of the lot,though and can turn the game on its head.
So, India cannot afford to take this bowling attack lightly.They are a lot better than the Aussie attack which toured here and even have a world-class spinner to boast of.

Sehwag's gone!! England have a good start here...

I guess this match could be very interesting to watch. Reminds me of the India-Australia test of 2001 in Chennai. Hope Sachin can repeat the ton that he scored in that test match. This is his favorite hunting ground.

Now that Sehwag is gone, England can be assured of the RR being under control. Dravid is under extreme pressure to come up with a decent knock here.

WTH??? I have a feeling that this could be the last series for Rahul Dravid. It has to be! He is not only in the worst ever form of his career, but he is letting down the drain all the accquired reputation of being a solid player for India.

Sachin and Laxman have to straighten it up for India now. Fortunately, Sachin is playing at one of his favorite grounds. Hope he can get a century here.

Dravid's decision looked like it struck him outside off... I've gotta look at another replay, but top ball from Swann, anyhow.

A really good example of why we should play with our bats...

Users who are viewing this thread