India v England 2008

red star

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone know if the Indian authorities have any plans to actually announce the dates and venues for theTour later this year or is it a secret

Tour Dates:
Nov 9: One-day warm-up match in Mumbai

Nov 11: One-day warm-up match in Mumbai

Nov 14: 1st One-day international, Rajkot

Nov 17: 2nd One-day international, Indore

Nov 20: 3rd One-day international, Kanpur

Nov 23: 4th One-day international, Jamshedpur

Nov 26: 5th One-day international, Cuttack

Nov 29: 6th One-day international, Guwahati

Dec 2: 7th One-day international, Delhi

Dec 5: Three-day warm-up match, Baroda

Dec 11: First Test, Ahmedabad

Dec 19: Second Test, Mumbai

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anything official has been set. Starts in November, wasn't this tour that the BCCI cut out a test match from?

the morons at BCCI are planning a 2test and 7 odis tour. They should be shot. :mad:

If we are to play 2 tests, then thats a disgrace, and ENGLAND SHOULD cancel the damn tour.

the morons at BCCI are planning a 2test and 7 odis tour. They should be shot. :mad:

If we are to play 2 tests, then thats a disgrace, and ENGLAND SHOULD cancel the damn tour.
i want 3test series and 5odi maybe 1 20-20 too

the current regime of bcci is only concerned about the money.

the current regime of bcci is only concerned about the money.

how would you say that?:

we are one of the successful board organization everyone is to earn money but i found u saying the first time

You would think only having 2 Tests ( and i agree 2 tests is a nonsense) would be easy to arrange and the dates and venues could have been announced.

Also with all their money could the BCCI not actually have a proper official website for cricket in that great country?

If we get kicked out this champions league id love to see us boycott the tour, its a disgrace the way indian cricket is ran. I do not care for ODI cricket so wont watch that and with only 2 tests i doubt ill watch any of the tour. Money grabbing losers.

God I hate these tours. Completely pointless because you know the ODI's will be a win for India and most likely the tests will too. Only hope is that it stupidly short so if we do pull off a win then we can't lose and with the way the pitches are 2 draws is a definite possibility. Wouldn't mind seeing Carberry come out on htis tour, he seemed to cope well in India with the lions, maybe Rashid will get a chance here.

Forget ODIs. Make it 1 Test and 42 Twenty/20s. All about entertainment

God I hate these tours. Completely pointless because you know the ODI's will be a win for India and most likely the tests will too. Only hope is that it stupidly short so if we do pull off a win then we can't lose and with the way the pitches are 2 draws is a definite possibility. Wouldn't mind seeing Carberry come out on htis tour, he seemed to cope well in India with the lions, maybe Rashid will get a chance here.

I wouldn't be so sure, we did beat India in the ODi series over here last year, and I think the only reason we lost the test series was because of the sheer amount of injuries. The fact that there will undoubtedly be 7 ODi's is stupid, Tests are the best form of the game, so should have the most exposure. The BCCI are purely worried about money though, so we get a pointless 7 ODi series where there are almost certainly going to be dead games that are unimportant to the series itself.

I wouldn't be so sure, we did beat India in the ODi series over here last year.
Completely different conditions as to what we'll get over there though, they revel in Indian conditions, low and slow, spinning, so I think they will win the ODI series comfortably. As for the tests, we have a decent chance, it should be a good challenge at the start of the run up to the Ashes.

I really don't care much for 2 match series, whats the point, a team wins one game and they can't lose the series. No chance for fighting back etc. just hope it doesn't become more common.

As for the 7 match series:noway, needs to stop right now, way too long, and so blatently to make money, it appears its starting to get even more in the way of test cricket as well.:noway

I guess they might reduce the ODI's. Its pointless having 7 ODI's (but they could stage 7 ODI's and still have good crowds, coz Indian public watch any match with passion!)

Users who are viewing this thread