World Cup INDIA VS PAKISTAN 2015 WORLD CUP MATCH

To be honest this time the Ind Pak this year had become too important. Not that Ind Pak in a WC has ever not been important, I think this one was perhaps more significant that any before I remember.

I think the reason is that neither team was expected to win the WC and thus in many ways this became the key fixture then for both sides.

India had had such a poor tour of Aus, that there was a real fear (and anticipation for Pak), that this was the best opportunity to end India's streak. This gave the game that extra edge.

However i think the way India played today, they showed that its not just about beating Pak, and this performance has put India back in the list of contenders.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Umar Akmal dismissal?

Yes there was a slight indication on snicko but by that time the ball had already passed the bat, I thought it was harsh decision made by the 3rd umpire.

Yes there was a slight indication on snicko but by that time the ball had already passed the bat, I thought it was harsh decision made by the 3rd umpire.

I think its a quite dubious decision made by the umps, one of the reasons why I posted earlier that the match warrants an investigation, certain things just didnt quite add up for this match!

There were two things:

1) When the ball passes the bat, the snicko shows a very faint noise
2) While the snickno registers a very faint ripple, the gap between bat and pad is big enough to rule out the possibility of the "bat brushing pad"

It was a 'touch and go' decision and can go either side. I personally felt it might not go India's way but had I been the third umpire and had I tried to be as impartial (i.e. not bringing in my nationality bias into this), I also would have given it out. That's also because of Dhoni's body language immediately after that catch.

To be honest this time the Ind Pak this year had become too important. Not that Ind Pak in a WC has ever not been important, I think this one was perhaps more significant that any before I remember.

I think the reason is that neither team was expected to win the WC and thus in many ways this became the key fixture then for both sides.

India had had such a poor tour of Aus, that there was a real fear (and anticipation for Pak), that this was the best opportunity to end India's streak. This gave the game that extra edge.

However i think the way India played today, they showed that its not just about beating Pak, and this performance has put India back in the list of contenders.

My only worry is, India should use this game as an inspiration to notch their performance up further. If they can do that, they will be serious contenders. The kind of intensity shown by them today, is the intensity we want to see from them always.

Sometimes that passion works against the team spirit, like the fight he had with Jaseja

Raina very rarely gets into fights with team mates. He is allowed that rare misunderstanding with a team mate. Rarely has his passion led to fights. And if you saw the game yesterday, after that Sohail Maqsood dismissal (where Raina caught him at slip), he gave the hardest hug and jumped onto which player? Jadeja!!

Post Dhoni, I believe Raina should be the vice captain under Kohli. I am sure Rohit will be another contender for vice captaincy, but I believe Raina should be rewarded for his attitude and energy. More than the captain, he is the one who constantly goes to each bowler and pats him on the back and eggs him on. Even Kohli doesn't do it as often as Raina. And very rarely do you see players show as much thrill at your team mate's milestone as Raina. He reacted as if India won the WC.

Last edited:
Winner: India
Man of the Match: Virat Kohli

;)

great batting by dhawan. he really set it up for india with his patience, especially early on when kohli was looking a little shaky. very good bowling by ashwin and jadeja around the 20 over mark when they got through their overs so fast, and without giving many runs. the other bowlers reaped the rewards of this. yes, they went for runs later on, but this was the crucial stage of the match when the match was won. later on, the match was already over.

Raina very rarely gets into fights with team mates. He is allowed that rare misunderstanding with a team mate. Rarely has his passion led to fights. And if you saw the game yesterday, after that Sohail Maqsood dismissal (where Raina caught him at slip), he gave the hardest hug and jumped onto which player? Jadeja!!

I didn't get it. Was there a Raina Jadeja fight before this?

no. it was raina's nephew. raina is a sportsman and would never disrespect.

I am just surprised that you decide to throw a sarcastic jibe at me for my respect for Raina's attitude. What's wrong in me having that respect? I never said "Raina was holier than thou". Anybody can have a spat and Raina can have one too and he can also be blamed for it. I don't remember that Raina-Jadeja spat which happened long time back but lets say Raina was responsible for it. That still doesn't make my respect for Raina's attitude and passion misplaced. In the heat of moments, people's attitude and passion can go for a toss and they can do things that are wrong (not saying Raina was wrong in that spat; just in case he was).

Its not like I am saying Raina has to play for India forever due to his attitude; he has to be India's next captain, etc. I just said I liked his attitude. He is a guy I want to succeed at all levels due to his attitude. But if he continues to fail, I will be the first guy to say he should not play.

I am just surprised that you decide to throw a sarcastic jibe at me for my respect for Raina's attitude. What's wrong in me having that respect? I never said "Raina was holier than thou". Anybody can have a spat and Raina can have one too and he can also be blamed for it. I don't remember that Raina-Jadeja spat which happened long time back but lets say Raina was responsible for it. That still doesn't make my respect for Raina's attitude and passion misplaced. In the heat of moments, people's attitude and passion can go for a toss and they can do things that are wrong (not saying Raina was wrong in that spat; just in case he was).

Its not like I am saying Raina has to play for India forever due to his attitude; he has to be India's next captain, etc. I just said I liked his attitude.

what!? it was a joke!

last time raina got involved in a mess, he blamed it on his nephew.

suresh-raina-controversial-tweet.png

@shravi: Sorry about that! I have not followed those series of tweets. For someone who does not know about them, your post sounded like sarcasm.:lol:thumbs

Ha ha... That is hilarious. It looks like a Tamil Brahmin marriage (so probably this might have happened in Chennai). Very advanced thinking by the respective families to install TV screens that allow the visitors to watch the game during marriage. But curious.... how many of them neglected the marriage and stayed glued to the game? Could potentially be embarassing for the couple getting married. :p:lol

Users who are viewing this thread