India

He's been very open about the problems he's had with his back. He didn't even keep for CSK, he gave the gloves to Crapthiv. We need a backup keeper to prevent Dhoni from spoiling his body and career.

I think a backup keeper would be a safe bet.

I want Praveen in the starting XI...but that's because 3 left arm seamers seems a bit of an overkill for me. And I'm not fully convinced with Irfan. Praveen is better as a swing bowler lately, might be more useful in England.

Viru/Gambhir to open, Dhoni the keeper/skipper. Yuvi, Yusuf, Rohit, Raina the powerful middle order. RP and Zak the main seam bowlers, Bhajji the spinner, and one of Irfan and Praveen.

Ishant shouldn't get a game, and maybe Ojha and Jadeja could feature in one of the warmups or group stage matches. I'm starting to feel they should have picked another bat or Karthik as a backup batter/keeper, as an injury to one of Sharma/Yuvi/Raina means we'll need to play Jadeja and rely more on Yusuf to get runs. Although in this case, playing Irfan would be quite useful.

India, South Africa, and SL are the favourites for this in my opinion. RSA have a powerful squad, SL have several match winners and India have the quality and are the best prepared. Should be a good series.

I'd almost put rohit as an all rounder after some of his IPL preformances.

In all honesty, should kick themselves if they don't retain it because they have the best team for this format by a distance.

I had him there but most would still consider him a batter and I didn't want to leave India with 3 batsmen :p

I hope they got knock out in the group stages...which they should have in the 2007 world cup

Didnt Pakistan also get knocked out in the 2007 World Cup? Along with the suspicious death of Bob Woolmore?

Frankly, India losing to both Bangladesh and Ireland is far fetched. And even if they win one of those two games, they can be expected to win it big and have a decent enough run rate to move on to the next round.

My line-up:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Suresh Raina
4. M.S. Dhoni*+
5. Yuvraj Singh
6. Rohit Sharma
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Zaheer Khan (Irfan Pathan if he is injured)
10. Praveen Kumar/Ishant Sharma depending on conditions
11. RP Singh

It's a solid batting line-up. PK has opened in domestic cricket before so we have batting almost down to number 9.5. :D

My line-up:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Suresh Raina
4. M.S. Dhoni*+
5. Yuvraj Singh
6. Rohit Sharma
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Harbhajan Singh
11. RP Singh

It's a solid batting line-up. PK has opened in domestic cricket before so we have batting almost down to number 9.5. :D
That lineup is a power house.
Yup almost everyone can bat(except maybe RP) and almost everyone can bowl their useful 4 overs(except Dhoni of course and GG).
Each and every guy there is a match winner of some sort.

I agree with you Everyone can bat and bowl. For e.g UV 2 Hattricks and Rohit 1 Hattrick and Raina super bowling to turn the match and Bhajji and Zaheer has already scored 50 and Parveen is already allrounder with RP who can also score runs.

My line-up:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Suresh Raina
4. M.S. Dhoni*+
5. Yuvraj Singh
6. Rohit Sharma
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Harbhajan Singh
11. RP Singh

Fantastic lineup. Just that no matter what the condition maybe, Sharma shouldn't play. He's a disaster in T-20s. The Ajit Agarkar of this team.

RP is a pretty decent batsman...

It's between playing Ishant, Irfan and Praveen for the last spot. The rest more or less pick themselves.

My line-up:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Suresh Raina
4. M.S. Dhoni*+
5. Yuvraj Singh
6. Rohit Sharma
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Harbhajan Singh
11. RP Singh

My team:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Suresh Raina
4. M.S. Dhoni*+
5. Yuvraj Singh
6. Rohit Sharma
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Pragyan Ojha
11. RP Singh

My team:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Suresh Raina
4. M.S. Dhoni*+
5. Yuvraj Singh
6. Rohit Sharma
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Pragyan Ojha
11. RP Singh

This should be the team. Ojha has to play, superb T20 bowler, miles better than Ishant. Spinners tend to do well in T20 in general, and in England as well, so get 'em in.

My team:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Suresh Raina
4. M.S. Dhoni*+
5. Yuvraj Singh
6. Rohit Sharma
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Pragyan Ojha
11. RP Singh

This should be the team. Ojha has to play, superb T20 bowler, miles better than Ishant. Spinners tend to do well in T20 in general, and in England as well, so get 'em in.
How many spinners do we need, though? Sehwag, Raina, Yuvraj, Rohit, Yusuf and Harbhajan are all spinners and we should be able to get at least 4-6 overs out of them. We will definitely need someone to bowl in the death overs who can hit the block hole over and over again and PK is not that bad at that.

What's wrong with RP Singh and Zaheer Khan bowling at the death? They're both very good at getting their yorkers in. Zaheer's one of the best death bowlers in the world at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread