surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Though the West Indies did show you they have more then one player to win them a 20/20 game. ;)

I should say, it was a BRAVE move to move BRAVO up the order. Fortune favoring the BRAVE & the BRAVO! ;)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Dude IF you have been following indian cricket You will understand what i am talking about
Dhoni has lost his hitting ability which he had before the captaincy..
He is surely buredend with captaincy.
Give someone else captaincy in the shorter forms of the game
Like YUVI

For test he"s a good captain
Why, so you can burden Yuvi with the captaincy? Sounds like a ridiculous theory given that Yuvi is our go-to man right now. Dhoni's captaincy hasn't been all that bad. He had the correct mentality going in yesterday, but should have scored a few more singles. If he had tried to bash his way out of trouble, this wouldn't even have gone to the 19th over of the West Indies innings.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
HAHAHA, one loss and you get posts like this. I feel sorry for the Indian cricket team if even 1/8 Indian fans are like this...

I agree with this. Now Dhoni has to contend with the burden of fan's criticism. Also since he does a lot of commercials in India, it increases the burden on him because if he fails, people immediately tell "he is only interested in acting in commercials and making money, sack him". Its a tough life being a superstar Indian cricketer. In India with cricket being called a 'religion', people think cricketers are answerable to them. If you argue with them about this, they will say "I watch the match and I get disappointed if they do badly. So they should do well to not let me get disappointed".

Last edited:

naresh091

International Cricketer
The very pathetic thing is as soon as he gets out or India loses,atleast one of the ads show him marketing a product.Especially those Aircel Ads.It just increases the frustration of people watching the match.

King Cricket

International Coach

Dhoni wasn't some legend before he was given the captaincy as you are insisting. He was just a boom-boom slogger, like Afridi, who didn't follow any rules, and just swung his bat and whacked the balls. See where Afridi is now. If you go that way, I mean if you whack every ball- the bowlers will soon figure you out, give you a cunning delivery- and though you'll whack a few, you'll soon go back to the pavillion at a very low score. The only exception to this natural law is Sehwag. Anyway, exceptions are exceptions. And the others should better not follow them. Dhoni did a right thing by changing his style of play. That has improved his average, paved the way for him to post biggies consistently and etc etc. Or in other words, has made him more reliable, which has done nothing but good to the Indian team. Dhoni still remains as aggresive as ever. If a player with a 90+ strike rate in the ODIs can't be called aggresive, who can be? Yesterday was just a bad day for him. True, he isn't that old MSD anymore, and he will not whack every ball- instead, he will now try to build partnerships, and will try to shape his innings according to the situation. But he will still hit sixes, fours and everything- in plenty, but will not whack every ball, will first try to settle down. That's the new MSD. That's the MSD who is currently the world's no 1! A more matured MSD. Captaincy has not done him any bad- instead, it has just made him more matured, which is good for India. He is still a big hitter by all means, perfectly fit for T-20. Yesterday was just a bad day. Though he was somewhat responsible for India's defeat, we can't deny that- but, these type of things happen in cricket- we cannot do anything about it. Just like scoring a duck doesn't make Sachin a crap batsman, similarly playing slowly just twice or thrice in a T-20 game, doesn't make Dhoni a poor T-20 cricketer or a poor hitter. Yesterday was just one bad day, nothing else.

He is surely buredend with captaincy

ODI avg nearly 50 (which is simply phenomenal for a no 6 guy!!) with a strike rate of 90+, coming at no 7 test avg 40 with a strike rate of nearly 70, domestic T-20 (mainly IPL) avg 35+ with a SR of nearly 130- doesn't look to me that he has been "burdened with captaincy."

Like YUVI

If we want to commit suicide, then yep, that's the easiest way. Yuvi is a fantastic batsman no doubt, but he's really over-rated as a captain. Nothing more than an average skipper. And utterly fails in leading his team under unfavourable circumstances. The IPL edition 2, proves my point. But see MSD- two years ago, we were in an absolutely same sort of situation in the T-20 Cup. But MSD kept his head cool, and led Team India to a WC victory from such horrible circumstances. So, who's better?

King Cricket added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

I agree with this. Now Dhoni has to contend with the burden of fan's criticism. Also since he does a lot of commercials in India, it increases the burden on him because if he fails, people immediately tell "he is only interested in acting in commercials and making money, sack him". Its a tough life being a superstar Indian cricketer. In India with cricket being called a 'religion', people think cricketers are answerable to them. If you argue with them about this, they will say "I watch the match and I get disappointed if they do badly. So they should do well to not let me get disappointed".

Quite true.

King Cricket added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

The very pathetic thing is as soon as he gets out or India loses,atleast one of the ads show him marketing a product.Especially those Aircel Ads.It just increases the frustration of people watching the match.

Absolutely right. But sadly, you cannot do anything about them- as the more they telecast these ads, the richer will the channel/BCCI be. Ads after every over. Ads before the commentator has finished his sentence after a wicket/over etc. They will make me mad.

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Dude IF you have been following indian cricket You will understand what i am talking about
He is surely buredend with captaincy.
Like YUVI

For test he"s a good captain

Yuvraj Singh as captain of India. I have to ask are you crazy, do you actually watch cricket.

zub2005

International Coach
The batting let us down yesterday that's all. My concern is if the England decided to go ahead with this short pitch bowling which i think they will. That could really be a big problem. I
thought shewag going back home was good as the balance of team looked right but yesterday i thought will we miss him, but people who say r sharma can't do it should give him a chance.

I was a bit worried with how i pathan but i was shocked too ishan bowl poor.

Dhoni"s got compalcent
He got the same comlacency in HIS IPL DAYS

Remove him from the captaincy
He Being burdend by it

That is a big over reaction

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
The batting let us down yesterday that's all. My concern is if the England decided to go ahead with this short pitch bowling which i think they will. That could really be a big problem. I
thought shewag going back home was good as the balance of team looked right but yesterday i thought will we miss him, but people who say r sharma can't do it should give him a chance.

I was a bit worried with how i pathan but i was shocked too ishan bowl poor.

That is a big over reaction

England don't have anyone that can bowl spells as hostile as Fidel Edwards can so they should be alright. Plus a lot of that bounce could be attributed to the pitch.

Juggler

School Cricketer
Dhoni is an inspiration as a captain.
I do agree that it is hard to find a better captain than him in our team.
But yesterday Dhoni commented that it was the batting performance of the team that let them down. Now if you look at the scorecard. the man who wasted 2 overs was dhoni. He never commented about his batting slump, instead he blamed the whole team, which is sad..............................
When he is not in form why does he promote himself up the order??????
By batting at no 3 against bangladesh and ireland he did not even bat the average way, what more he disturbed the stability of suresh raina, the poor guy did not have enough practice in the warm up matches or against the so called minnows { bangladesh and ireland }. The following would be the best batting order.

1. Gautam Gambhir
2. Rohit Sharma
3. Suresh Raina
4. Yuvraj Singh
5. Yusuf Pathan OR Dinesh Kaarthick
6. M.S. Dhoni { best place for dhoni }
7. Irfan Pathan OR Ravinder Jadeja
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Pragyan Ojha
11. Ishant Sharma OR RP Singh

By the way dhoni's wicket keeping is getting worse day by day. Lucky dinesh karthick is in the squad.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Why did you boo Bangladesh after losing and bash Ashraful? :p
They are just some moody fans, nothing else. Surely, the whole India is not like that.

i bashed Ashraful, b/c he was totally stupid over and over again. Dhoni shouldnt be bashed b/c of one bad game. it can happen. its a game. plus it wasnt even Dhoni's fault.
BD lost to IRL. and we still didnt do any thing about it. they got kicked out of the WC, when they had a free ticket to Super 8, and we did nothing about it. if Ash was Indian captain i bet he would have been killed by now (lol he would be captain in 1st place). but i guess thats the way 2 go! attacking the cricket players and boards, by looking at India after 07. helped the team a lot

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
If you noticed Dhoni has been like this for long time. It was not one game. Always feared that we will come short in this group. Had it been Australia instead of Windies India would have been up for it.

Anyone noticed how this team just dont look like a team unit. It looks like best players from IPL just put in one team.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
England don't have anyone that can bowl spells as hostile as Fidel Edwards can so they should be alright. Plus a lot of that bounce could be attributed to the pitch.

Maybe not as hostile as Edwards, but Stuart Broad has been bowling with good hostility in the last few months. Bounced Sarwan out in the Test series when he was on 100. Also got a couple of wickets against Pakistan with bouncers. Similar pace to Fidey as well.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe not as hostile as Edwards, but Stuart Broad has been bowling with good hostility in the last few months. Bounced Sarwan out in the Test series when he was on 100. Also got a couple of wickets against Pakistan with bouncers. Similar pace to Fidey as well.

But not as hostile. :p

Broad has been bowling quick though, around 92-94mph wasn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread