India

S

Satan666

So team India are out of the tournament, having not make it pass the Super 8 stage once more, for a country so in tuned with T20 cricket and the IPL fare, we ask ourselves why they have played so badly, is it the captain, the management, or overall weak players?

Only god knows, but for now the Dhoni and company can return home, make some big bucks off endorsements and ready themselves for the BCCI driven champions league, or yes they return to their lifestyles as superstars!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The reason India lost, IMO, is the bowling and the fact that players like Sehwag (sorry Yudi) were allowed to play. "He is a good so he should play" is used a lot in Asian cricket. Same thing is with Shahid Afridi. Why not have Rahane opening the batting.
India have a player like Raina a 6, WHY???. Should be 3 or 4. Yusuf Pathan as a finisher or someone along those lines. The bowling department, my god is it bad. Ashwin is ok, but can get predictable. Bhajji coming in to form. Chawla played just one game and he bowled well. Irfan Pathan just doesn't have the pace anymore. Zaheer Khan doesn't have the energy anymore. The 5th bowler is usually Kohli, Raina, Sharma. The opposition can score at around 9-10 an over of them. Looks like India have the richest cricket league yet fail to turn the assets in to gold

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I love this article from Harsha Bhogle and completely agree with it!
Harsha Bhogle : Harsha Bhogle: Build India's T20 team around Kohli | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

I also believe that now is the time for us to start building a young team with Virat Kohli as the captain. In 2 years, I don't think we will see the likes of Dhoni, Yuvraj, Sehwag, Gambhir, Zaheer, etc as these guys will be very nearly 35 (or more in case of Sehwag and Zaheer). Its time we give Kohli the captaincy in T20 and build the T20 team around him. And gradually, the T20 team can grow into ODI's.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I love this article from Harsha Bhogle and completely agree with it!
Harsha Bhogle : Harsha Bhogle: Build India's T20 team around Kohli | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

I also believe that now is the time for us to start building a young team with Virat Kohli as the captain. In 2 years, I don't think we will see the likes of Dhoni, Yuvraj, Sehwag, Gambhir, Zaheer, etc as these guys will be very nearly 35 (or more in case of Sehwag and Zaheer). Its time we give Kohli the captaincy in T20 and build the T20 team around him. And gradually, the T20 team can grow into ODI's.

Miscalculated the ages a bit?

Dhoni - 33 in 2 years
Yuvraj - 32 in 2 years (almost 33)
Gambhir - 32 in 2 years (almost 33)

So yeah, those 3 are going no where. (The other 2 can kerpluck off :p)

----------

I would just like to say that the plan in itself is great, but it's not for us, us being India. Then again, I'm basing everything on the backlash that came about after 'Teh Sehwag' was left out against Australia, even though it looked a popular choice, it wasn't.

S

Satan666

MAybe Sachin should return to T20 cricket, that will surely help he is so young!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Miscalculated the ages a bit?

Dhoni - 33 in 2 years
Yuvraj - 32 in 2 years (almost 33)
Gambhir - 32 in 2 years (almost 33)

So yeah, those 3 are going no where. (The other 2 can kerpluck off :p)

----------

I would just like to say that the plan in itself is great, but it's not for us, us being India. Then again, I'm basing everything on the backlash that came about after 'Teh Sehwag' was left out against Australia, even though it looked a popular choice, it wasn't.

I would ideally want at least Dhoni to go from the T20 side. I am not betting on his batting getting back to his vintage aggressive form again anymore. His batting has changed, and it will stay like this forever. Better he focuses on ODI's. And also, having too many players in the team at 33 yrs of age and that too in T20 cricket would be bad. Of these three, Yuvraj looks the most likely to last long. Gambhir's form is very edgy, Dhoni is being crucified by everyone now.

Chand is one guy to be a future opener. The other guy, we have guys to pick from. Rahane is one popular choice. Manish Pandey would be another choice. If we want an older more experienced hand, Robin Uthappa would be a great choice. We have four choices for openers in T20 - Chand, Rahane, Pandey, Uthappa. In fact, all these guys can bat in the middle order too.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni is being crucified cause he deserves it. Some of his decision were simply ridiculous.TBH, Dhoni's magic touch is on the wane now and I really do not see it go anywhere.

Giving the captaincy to Kohli could pay off. As it is we aren't any better right now. Maybe a new captain with an injection of fresh ideas could serve the team well. I have heard a lot of crap about him being too young and all. But, you would never know unless you try him out,would you ? If he does not perform as a captain, you still have the time to groom someone else. Even the Proteas did the same with Smith. They took a gamble and it paid off.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
So, India's gamble with Dhoni didn't pay off? If Kohli fails in his captaincy then do what? Give captaincy to Chand? You all make it sound like he is the one and only reason India has lost...

Epic

Panel of Selectors
So, India's gamble with Dhoni didn't pay off? If Kohli fails in his captaincy then do what? Give captaincy to Chand? You all make it sound like he is the one and only reason India has lost...

Haha, spot on bro.

People need to take a side really, when he first took over as captain they bitched and moaned that he was 'irresponsible', so what does he do? Adds a bit of common sense to his game and now they want him gone.

I feel bad for him tbh, things that used to work on a regular basis are just not working (no, it has nothing to do with luck :rolleyes) anymore, maybe that's where it all ends for Dhoni, but if it was up to me I'd keep him around till at least the tour of South Africa we've got coming in a years time.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
people called for pontings head when australia's golden age of players began retiring and they started losing, they eventually installed someone that had been groomed for ages to usher in a new age. worked well, hasn't it?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
people called for pontings head when australia's golden age of players began retiring and they started losing, they eventually installed someone that had been groomed for ages to usher in a new age. worked well, hasn't it?

We'll know next Summer. ;)

And groomed for ages, we don't have 'that' player, anyone pointing at Kohli would be silly.

----------

Ian Chappell: Dhoni's among the great modern captains | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Hilarious ain't it, compare the comments from then and now, says a lot about people.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

haha atta boy. And then when Chand fails they will realise Dhoni wasn't that bad so bring back Dhoni when he is 40 :D

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Where's Praveen Kumar these days?

He is chilin around. He just played for India B in NKP Salve Challenger Trophy and got 3 wickets in 3 matches.

Pujara scored 361 in 3 matches. That guy is a bauusssssss. Ishant was good in bowling.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

It surprises me that you lot still want to stick around with a man whose 'common sense'[read squad selections, bowling changes, baffling batting strike-rates] led you to 0-8 whitewashes, non-qualification to the Finals of the CB Series, loss to BD eventually resulting in a knockout from the Asia Cup and inability to make the semis of the WT20.

MSD has been at the helm for half a decade now and his methods are starting to fall apart. Additionally, he would not have made the Test XI if he weren't the captain.

I still say institute Gambhir as a Test skipper and Kohli as T20. If you ain't gonna give people chances ,how on earth would you know whether they are capable of doing a good job ?

haha atta boy. And then when Chand fails they will realise Dhoni wasn't that bad so bring back Dhoni when he is 40 :D

I would not mind if they bring back Ganguly now, at least he knew how to build a team with good players. Under him, I am sure Tiwary would have gotten a few games at least and we wouldn't have been subject to the horror of seeing Piyush Chawla in the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread