Indian Domestic Cricket

Well, most likely both those two are going to be on International duty so IDK how thats going to work..

I always felt Indian domestic cricket was not given enough exposure by the Board. Thats why they dont attract that much attention. Now with the ICL trying to force its way up, people are starting to notice domestic cricket and its players are in the news.

Mumbai has always been a superpower, though Tamil Nadu also have had some big stars (domestic cricket stars). I hope Indian domestic cricket gets a major boost with the ICL forcing the board to give them the exposure and take care of them.

The reason we don't comment too much on domestic cricket is also because most of the matches aren't shown on television anyway.

I thought NEO Sports had the contract to show domestic matches but all they seem to show is old re-runs of India matches from the distant past. :rolleyes:

I wish they devoted more TV time to domestic cricket. Otherwise it's pretty hard to talk about them ;)

Yeah.
BCCI is pretty stupid for not doing that.
More people watching-more money for them.
More people who go to the matches-even more$$

The reason we don't comment too much on domestic cricket is also because most of the matches aren't shown on television anyway.

I thought NEO Sports had the contract to show domestic matches but all they seem to show is old re-runs of India matches from the distant past. :rolleyes:

I wish they devoted more TV time to domestic cricket. Otherwise it's pretty hard to talk about them ;)
They do show repeats of Ranji Trophy Super League games and Deodhar Trophy matches. The only problem is it is at around 2 AM.

They do show repeats of Ranji Trophy Super League games and Deodhar Trophy matches. The only problem is it is at around 2 AM.

They should show live domestic cricket when it happens rather than showing old re-runs of India matches that happened way back in 2000 or earlier. No point in telecasting very old matches unless they happen to be something special. Who wants to watch New Zealand vs India which happened back then in 2001 or 2002?

They should show live domestic cricket when it happens rather than showing old re-runs of India matches that happened way back in 2000 or earlier. No point in telecasting very old matches unless they happen to be something special. Who wants to watch New Zealand vs India which happened back then in 2001 or 2002?
How do you know they won't? Irani Trophy is almost a month away so they may well show the games. Also, if they have international cricket scheduled at the same time, they will obviously give higher precedence to that. And of course I don't know if they showed domestic cricket last year, but I think they did show the Challenger Trophy live.

I don't know whether they will or not, but obviously it's been a while since they showed any domestic cricket on Neo Sports. Sometimes DD Sports shows domestic cricket, but I've not been following the whole deal so far. Hope Domestic cricket gets a bit more prominence...

I don't know whether they will or not, but obviously it's been a while since they showed any domestic cricket on Neo Sports. Sometimes DD Sports shows domestic cricket, but I've not been following the whole deal so far. Hope Domestic cricket gets a bit more prominence...
There hasn't been domestic cricket for almost half a year so yes, it would seem like a long time.

So when does the season start? I must admit that I'm not familiar with the various aspects of Indian domestic cricket because it rarely gets any media coverage (except Ranji finals and so on)

So when does the season start? I must admit that I'm not familiar with the various aspects of Indian domestic cricket because it rarely gets any media coverage (except Ranji finals and so on)
Irani Trophy is in the first week of October. That is a tournament between the winners of last year's Ranji Trophy (Mumbai) and a team comprised of the Rest of India. All the other fixtures are linked on the first post of this thread.

Irani Trophy is in the first week of October. That is a tournament between the winners of last year's Ranji Trophy (Mumbai) and a team comprised of the Rest of India. All the other fixtures are linked on the first post of this thread.

Thanks. :cheers

Not as of yet.

Squads for annual Irani Trophy match - Rest of India Vs Mumbai have been announced:

Teams:

Rest of India: Mohammad Kaif (captain), Ishant Sharma, Parthiv Patel (vice-captain), Munaf Patel [Images], Akash Chopra, Pragyan Ojha, Cheteshwar Pujara, Amit Mishra, Manoj Tiwari, Yo Mahesh, S Badrinath, Ranadeb Bose, Suresh Raina, Arjun Yadav.

Mumbai: Amol Muzumdar (captain), Vikrant Yellgatti, Wasim Jaffar, Iqbal Abdulla, Sahil Kukreja, Rajesh Verma, Ajinkya Rahane, Dhaval Kulkarni, Rohit Sharma, Avishkar Salvi, Prashant Naik, Omkar Gurav, Hiken Shah, Abhishek Nair, Ajit Agarkar [Images].

IPL is only next year, so news wont come as yet about it. But I am sure the IPL will have big hype and it will have coverage equal to that of international cricket. Which will be good news for all those players who play in domestic cricket but dont get the right exposure.

Users who are viewing this thread