IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gujarat vs RCB final, most likely! Its very tough for 3rd and 4th placed teams to face elimination twice and still win to reach the final.

Well played Delhi! After the previous horrid seasons, they punched way above weight and were almost there in the playoffs but for one win. RCB look all set! With the way Kohli is batting, it just takes one additional superstar (out of the three in the XI) to give him support and RCB will be through! And a Gujarat v RCB final will be amazing as both sides are packed with power players.

Wasn't this Zaheer's last match?

Gujarat vs RCB final, most likely! Its very tough for 3rd and 4th placed teams to face elimination twice and still win to reach the final.

Well played Delhi! After the previous horrid seasons, they punched way above weight and were almost there in the playoffs but for one win. RCB look all set! With the way Kohli is batting, it just takes one additional superstar (out of the three in the XI) to give him support and RCB will be through! And a Gujarat v RCB final will be amazing as both sides are packed with power players.

KKR are by far in my book the most balanced side. They need DRE RUSS though. I'm not putting it past them to win the IPL.

KKR are by far in my book the most balanced side. They need DRE RUSS though. I'm not putting it past them to win the IPL.

Apart from my other reasons for not wanting KKR to win the title (I think I have dwelled on it quite a few times here in this forum :D), one really solid reason is that I would like to see a new champion and KKR is the only team to have already won the IPL before (among the 4 teams that have made the playoffs). Technically SRH have not won the IPL yet (Deccan Chargers Hyderabad won it in 2009, but that was a completely different owner and under a completely different name).

Some comments about KKR here are really disgusting, imo. You shouldn't hate a team just because of one player. And especially if that player won you a world cup. If they play good cricket, which they have done this season, why don't you appreciate it?

Some comments about KKR here are really disgusting, imo. You shouldn't hate a team just because of one player. And especially if that player won you a world cup. If they play good cricket, which they have done this season, why don't you appreciate it?

It's not like I am berating KKR when they win and saying things like "oh they won by fluke, they dont deserve the victory". When they win, I keep quiet (keeping quiet is enough, I don't have to praise them - how many Pakistani fans praise India when they beat Pakistan?). But I am completely within my rights wanting them not to do well. And yes, Gautam Gambhir's attitude and arrogance is a major factor in influencing that.

To me apart from gauti 'the chair kicker and former decent hard working wc winner ' being the reason to not root for kkr, the whole team is sort of uninspiring! there is too much sameness in the way they play every match ! I liked kkr a lot under ganguly even though they won less, gambhir made the team win but took both fun and style out of that team! I find the other 3 finalists much more refreshing than kkr, dd in there instead of kkr would have been the perfect play offs !

also i dont think you need valid reasons to hate a team, i mean how many of us hated aus in the 2000s even though they had a top team people always hate bad winners, now kkr cant touch the aus team at any level but saying when a brilliant team like aus could be hated a stale one like kkr could be too! kkr does have some good players like uthappa, pathan dre russ but they have hardly get me to root for them and the team! the way kohli and co does for rcb or, bmac smith helter skelter opening for GL or fizz, bk and warner for SRH!

Apart from my other reasons for not wanting KKR to win the title (I think I have dwelled on it quite a few times here in this forum :D), one really solid reason is that I would like to see a new champion and KKR is the only team to have already won the IPL before (among the 4 teams that have made the playoffs). Technically SRH have not won the IPL yet (Deccan Chargers Hyderabad won it in 2009, but that was a completely different owner and under a completely different name).
So you want associates to win world cup.

So you want associates to win world cup.
How the hell did Associates come in here. He means to say that for instance - if there are semi finals of SA NZ ENG AUS. Majority of people would want to anyone but AUS to win as they want to see a new champion. And the same happened in the cwc 15 final. Majority of non Australian people were supporting NZ. I have no hate for KKR whatsoever. I am a big fan of Manish Pandey and Shakb but still wantSRH to win

I don't think so. If SRH qualifies from the eliminator , it will be very difficult for GL to win against them considering the past matches.

I don't think so. If SRH qualifies from the eliminator , it will be very difficult for GL to win against them considering the past matches.
According to your logic SRH has no chance of winning against KKR considering the past matches.

Although I support KKR & want them to win it, but RCB are the clear favourites to win it.

I think personally, I would love to see RCB win, but I have no hard feelings if anyone else wins.

One thing I'm sure of is that a few people here will continue to lack 'grace' in victory or defeat, while a certain lot will have their favorites, enjoy some hopefully close contests and doff their hat to the team that wins.

:clap:clap:clapWhat an innings by Dwayne Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread