Indian Premier League PC Style

Thats quiet unfair.You yourself are inactive most of the time,just because he goes away for some time does not mean you do everything in place of him

Andrin has been brilliant and same for sos. Moreover, both the managers have equal hold over the things here. I don't get what makes you so interested in such matters. I as a league manager have no problems as well. So, please.

*Tells them they have Watson now so it's pretty even despite the fact Delhi are pretty strong too now*

Yeah,big thanks to Fenil that we have Watson.
Personally,I'd rate him above Kallis in ODIs and we've got Morne too,who's the #1 bowler in the world along with Steyn (skill wise at least).

*Tells them they have Watson now so it's pretty even despite the fact Delhi are pretty strong too now*

Yeah,because they've got Yashpal.
On a serious note,I'd like to think that we weakened them big time by taking away their trump card Morne.

Their batting was strong enough already,it's like adding a bucket of water to the ocean. :p
Bowling wise,they look very vulnerable.

Malinga and Anderson are pretty solid actually. Ahmad didn't use Jimmy much earlier but, I feel he will now. I think they are pretty good overall.

Malinga's had a rather extended lean patch except in the IPL/CL and we're taking about James Anderson in ODIs,that too on flat Indian tracks. :p

Will be wary of them though.

Yeah,big thanks to Fenil that we have Watson.
Personally,I'd rate him above Kallis in ODIs and we've got Morne too,who's the #1 bowler in the world along with Steyn (skill wise at least).

In ODIs, I think Morne is better compared to Steyn and vice versa when it comes to tests and no, this is not purely on the basis of stats. Morne is far more consistent when it comes to bowling at high speeds. The extra bounce he gets makes him much more lethal. Honestly, if I was a good enough batsman, I'd, any day, like I've mentioned it several times earlier in other parts of the forum, prefer to play against Dale Steyn in a OD game than against Morne.

We are quite ahead of them I'd say, when it comes to team balance, international experience of local players, skill and form. Their biggest drawbacks are lack of internationally experienced batters and that their spearhead Malinga is being carted away like a club cricketer more often than not.

In ODIs, I think Morne is better compared to Steyn and vice versa when it comes to tests and no, this is not purely on the basis of stats. Morne is far more consistent when it comes to bowling at high speeds. The extra bounce he gets makes him much more lethal. Honestly, if I was a good enough batsman, I'd, any day, like I've mentioned it several times earlier in other parts of the forum, prefer to play against Dale Steyn in a OD game than against Morne.

I am sure you won't have said that if he was a part of Delhi.

We are quite ahead of them I'd say, when it comes to team balance, international experience of local players, skill and form. Their biggest drawbacks are lack of internationally experienced batters and that their spearhead Malinga is being carted away like a club cricketer more often than not.

Yeah yeah, I'd say Malinga is not at his best these days. But you really think guys like Franklin, Clarke and Starc are better than KP, Kallis and Anderson? ask for Dhoni he's no where close to Sehwag in international experience and batting ability. I agree you guys have some really decent players such as Pathan, Yadav and Ojha which we don't have.

Last edited:
Yeah yeah, I'd say Malinga is not at his best these days. But you really think guys like Franklin, Clarke and Starc are better than KP, Kallis and Anderson? ask for Dhoni he's no where close to Sehwag in international experience and batting ability. I agree you guys have some really decent players such as Pathan, Yadav and Ojha which we don't have.

IIRC, Sehwag averages around 20 this year in ODIs if not less, my friend.

Watto has done an exceptional job as a bowler too of late.

His ODI stats this year reads,

13 innings, 9 maidens, 17 wickets for 392 runs @23.05. Economy rate of 4.27 and strike rate of 32.3

As far Starc is concerned, he has been amongst the best bowlers of the year.

Bowled in 9 innings, 3 maidens, 18 wickets for 383 runs at an average of 21.27. Economy rate of 5.27 Strike rate 24.2. 2 four wicket hauls and a 5for.

Players are rated on their overall ability and performance and not on how they've done in a particular year or so.

Players are rated on their overall ability and performance and not on how they've done in a particular year or so.

Player form plays an important role in rating. Like, say, Malinga is a top bowler without a doubt he has been giving away runs a plenty and the way he was thrashed by Kohli and Marlon Samuels was demoralizing for him and his fan (I'm his fan, mind you as much as I'm a fan of Morne) and his reputation has taken a huge beating now so he would obviously be rated a bit lower than usual.

Also, Michael Clarke alone, with 1556 runs in last 2 years has been far better than KP, Kallis (respect to the legendary allrounder) and Cook as well. Apart from that, Watto has smashed 1516 runs since the start of 2011 season while KP was down having an average around 31. Now, I call it some consistency.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread