Story India's Journey To WCup,Special Edition-Johnnie Walker is back!

Who will win this ICC World Cup?

• The Powerless, West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh

• Ireland

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters
MATCH RESUMED ATLAST!!!

The weather is clear now and the umpires walked into the players and called the players... Indian players quickly came from the dressing room following the umpires!!! Then batsmen also followed them.

So now everything is set ready and the tension prevails in the Windies dressing room as just four wickets are left for them.Well,windies fan expected the heavy rains throughout but it ended with just one hour loss!!! The batsmen has to be more careful now as their job is to get rooted to the crease for the remaining time left.

Dravid was contented to give the ball to Kumble and asked him to proceed!!! Suddenly the field which was attacking before the rain was changed to defensive type!!!

KUMBLE STRIKED VERY FIRST OVER SENDING SMITH TO PAVILION!!!

stumping5ge.jpg

Kumble bowled the first ball and Sarwan took the single...Then Kumble mixed his flippers and legbreaks well!!! Smith came down the wicket thinking of a flipper but it was unfortunately a leg break, decieving the batsman and went to the keeper!!! Dhoni picked it up and took the bails off while Smith attempted to return to the creece!!!

There was a long shout for this fro everywhere and umpire took his time and finally decided to ask the thir umpire's decision!!! Well everyone was waiting for the third umpire's decision and Dhoni seemed to be quite confident!!!

THIRD UMPIRE's DECISION!!!

stumping16lf.jpg

After a long time of looking into the replays, the RED LIGHT glowed and Smith kept his head down and walked back to the pavilion. It was a unneccesary shot attempted by Smith and was paid for his mistake!!!

Wel, Seven wickets have been lost for Windies now. Sarwan is extremely disappointed for not getting the support at other end!!! Windies is almost lost now!!! India just need to take the tail enders off....

Darren Powell is the new batsman replacing Smith!!!

WI : 143/7 ( 69 Overs, Day 5 )

Smith --- 9(31) dismissed by Kumble.
Sarwan --- 13*(71)

INDIA NEED 3 WICKETS TO WIN.

Damn im loving the rain! Very good Photoshop use! You are the Best! after me! :D

I think india are going to win this one easily :cool:

Hey Again Top Work.....INidia Is On Top.....
Nice Presentation My mate
I like Rain........Awesome work
CHeers MHC

I have selected your story for Sky Sports Planetcricket Updates ....:cheers :happy :cheers :happy ....check my thread.

SARWAN BECOMES KUMBLE's THIRD VICTIM

Indian bowlers were constantly troubling the windies batsman right from the start!!! After Smith departed, Sarwan lost all the hopes and was just providing ressistance at the crease!!!

He took strike from Powell as much as possible and was playing in a defensive mood!!! Dravid was contented to operate Kumble and Sachin as batsmen struugled a bit to play with the spin.

SARWAN's DISMISSAL

wkt14vr.jpg

Kumble was bowling to Sarwan. He suddenly decided to go around the wicket to Sarwan. Kumble was mixing the flippers and legbreaks from that end extremely well!!!

Sarwan was clueless of the delivery bowled!!! This made him to sacrifice the wicket.... Kumble bowled a flipper that decieved Sarwan and as a result was trapped for LBW!!! There was a huge shout and the umpire without any hesitation raised his hands!!!

HAWKEYE

hawkeye9hm.jpg

Well it was clear in the replay that ball will hit the stumps for sure... Sarwan gave ressistance as much as he could but he was also sent to pavilion by Kumble!!! Indian bowlers gained the upper hand right from the start.. They worked hard for it... Now India seems to win this match at ease as eight wickets have gone!!! Just two more left!!!

edwards5rs.jpg

Edwards is the new batsman replacing Sarwan in the middle!!! One thing to note about the tail enders is, they should never allowed to be settled else they will be rooted to the crease...

WI : 155/8 ( 75Overs, Day5 )

Sarwan --- 22(91) dismissed by Kumble.

India Need 2Wickets to Win.

KUMBLE PICKS HIS FOURTH WICKET!!!

wkt96la.jpg

With tail enders left, Dravid decided to operate spin on both ends and also the fielding was again changed to attacking type!!! He was contented with both Kumble and Sachin and had no intension of changing the bowling!!!

Kumble as usual was mixing the flippers and legbreaks well!!!But he used the flippers more than other deliveries!!!Both the batsmen were providing some ressistance eventhough they were struggling against the spin.

Kumble bolwed a beautiful legbreak against Edwards that lead to an edge and the ball carried comfortably to the first slip, Jaffer.

EASY CATCH TO JAFFER

wkt921sy.jpg

Jaffer took it with ease. Edwards was looking into his bat... and walked back to pavilion. Well, ninth wicket also gone for Windies. Just one more wicket to be picked for Indian's victory... Coach in the dressing room had already got up from his seat and ready to come to the ground to cheer his team after winning!!! Last man, Lawson came out of the dressing room...

LARA DOESN'T WANT TO WATCH THE LOSS OF WINDIES!!!

wkt919nk.jpg

Windies skipper in the dressing room was extremely disappointed and closed his eyes as he doesn't want to watch his team loosing!!! All Windies fans are also disappointed.

WI : 167/9

INDIA NEED ONE WICKET TO WIN.

INDIA WINS THE FIRST TEST MATCH

win7xs.jpg

India took the last wicket in the very next over after Edwards departed.... Sachin was the bowler.... He bowled a great legbreak taking the stumps off and with that wicket, INDIA WINS THE FIRST TEST MATCH!!! :happy

The entire team stood in the middle and celebrated and there was a huge roar from the crowd and they also celebrated the victory with some music!!! Even Windies fans encouraged this victory by Indians!!! Lara felt disappointed!!! But the entire windies team came out and exchanged their handshakes with the Indian teams and umpires!!!

Sachin finished with 3 Wickets and Kumble with four wickets!!!

:happy INDIA LEADS THE SERIES 1-0 :happy

Coming Up...

FOURTH UMPIRE AND THE PRESENTATION.

Last edited:
That's a big win no doubt. 236 runs is a massive margin. The Windies will have to rethink their plan for the remaining games now.

For the MOM, I'd go with the great Sachin Tendulkar for his magnificent 195 unbeaten, followed by three wickets with the ball.

Great win for India .This will go down in the history books as one of the greatest wins of India on West Indian soil .This lead will give India a chance to win the test series in WestIndies which they havent done for many years.terrific start from India with some gret batting from the little master in the 1st innings and Y.Singh in the second innings .India declaring on both the occasions.Good bowling by Kumble and M.Patel supported well as India won by taking 20 wickets in the match . S.Tendulkar looks to be the strong contender for the Man Of The Match award for his magnificant century and also he picked up few wickets.India will be looking to use this advantage to leading the series to full extent in the remaining series.

EDIT: For a moment i thought that I am David Gower and giving my views on this match in the Third Man's Chat :D:D:D

great presentation surender :cheers

Last edited:
Great presentation, funny really, quite a similar test match to the one finishing yesterday.

PhilD123 said:
Great presentation, funny really, quite a similar test match to the one finishing yesterday.
3 days vs 5 days.
49 runs vs 236 runs.

I think it is similar to one of the near victories for India from the previous games.

Users who are viewing this thread