India's Tour of Zimbabwe - July 2015

lion100lion

International Coach
I am not a big fan of sending a weakened side to Zim.

India already lost to B'desh, and then if it is followed by a defeat to Zim as well, (which a weakened side makes more likely to happen), it would have been a hell of a start post the WC.
I am a fan of giving rest to my top players after playing half a year of non stop cricket(along with travelling). After all they are also humans.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am a fan of giving rest to my top players after playing half a year of non stop cricket(along with travelling). After all they are also humans.
I agree but they might have cancelled the tour rather that this.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Don't see why guys like Dhoni Raina need rest. They won't be playing ODIs for a while after this. And won't play tests

PokerAce

Banned
Actually with Raina it could be that other mess he is in right now. About not taking money from some corporate or whatever it was.

You are right about Dhoni though. Including the Bdesh test, India play 10 tests till the end of the year. That is a lot of test cricket. Not sure how many ODIs they play, but Even if they play 10 ODIs, they are unlikely to be even half as hectic as 10 tests.

The ODI players should have continued. If nothing else, the likes of Aaron could have gotten a run in the ODI side. Int'l cricket is Int'l cricket,and something ppl like Aaron could learn from.

lion100lion

International Coach
I agree but they might have cancelled the tour rather that this.
It's because BCCI thinks only of money. Sponsors, tv telecast etc.. are more important for them. They sent the top team to Bangladesh because of a tie up b/w them and the Bangladesh board as the Bangladesh board was one of the last boards to agree to the Big 3 ruling ICC . Had these tie ups not being made, you wouldn't have even seen the series happening(Though I don't blame them for that, in fact the whole world is governed by economy)

Don't see why guys like Dhoni Raina need rest. They won't be playing ODIs for a while after this. And won't play tests
I think India will play one day against Sri lanka and South Africa along with test, this year.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why Gambhir is not being considered even?

Another opener is the last thing we need IMO. He needs to play another domestic season with good results to show for. And really desperately needs to correct his technique (which I think he is doing, working with Langer)

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Why Gambhir is not being considered even?

He is what? 32-33. With 4 more years till next world cup, no point bringing him back when openers are pretty much settled. And incase of an injury or loss of form Rahane can always step up to the role. Gambhir if he can sort his technical issues would be a great value to our test team which is pretty inexperienced. He's still one of the best players of spin in India. Hopefully his stint with Langer serves him well in the upcoming domestic season.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watch out Team India, Some horror dreams are coming in Zimbabwe :)
Thank you - as Pakistan can't sleep because of electricity problem they might have sent us. :p
Go Zim !! We can do it !
I'd love Zim to be a team like Pakistan so that we don't see whose playuing and blow them away *pheew*.

S

Satan666

News about that India decided to send a second string team to Zim cuz they expected Zim to wipe out their first string side, better making an excuse for a pending loss with the B side!

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Thank you - as Pakistan can't sleep because of electricity problem they might have sent us. :p

I'd love Zim to be a team like Pakistan so that we don't see whose playuing and blow them away *pheew*.

Even without electricity, We are the 3rd best test team at the moment leaving behind India at 5th. :) Imagine our team in the prosperity which is quite soon :D

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Did you guys know yet that Pakistan is 3rd ranked test team in the world right now? Just throwing in something different in this India vs Zimbabwe thread.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The world rankings are useless at working out how good a team is anyway

England were number 1 for a fair while, yet they were never the best team in Test Cricket

Users who are viewing this thread