India tour of Zimbabwe(over and can be closed)

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I thought the same way there. But when I checked out his stats in the FC, they are impressive indeed. And R Vinay Kumar doesn't really look like a big thing in International cricket, and same goes for Unadkat. Make them play in Australia and South Africa, they'll be all over the park.

Indeed but I am going with the current scenario. You have an experienced OD bowler who is getting hit and then you have a backup bowler who has managed just 6 wickets in his OD career and well, don't tell me India don't have bowlers with better FC record than that man.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Indeed but I am going with the current scenario. You have an experienced OD bowler who is getting hit and then you have a backup bowler who has managed just 6 wickets in his OD career and well, don't tell me India don't have bowlers with better FC record than that man.

Mohit Sharma has been picked mainly because of his IPL stint, which came after a decent Ranji season. As for other guys, tbh, you won't find more than 2 guys with a better record than him maybe.

The point really is about giving them chancesl, Vinay has been there for quite some time now. And I've never seen Mohit Sharma bowl (:p)........

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Mohit Sharma has been picked mainly because of his IPL stint, which came after a decent Ranji season. As for other guys, tbh, you won't find more than 2 guys with a better record than him maybe.

Sounds like home. You do not get a lot of good young batsmen back in the WI. :p

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
At least in this match Kohli should drop Vinay Kumar and Bring In Mohit Sharma....And bring in Cheteshwar Pujara somehow.....

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Had Rohit been in great form, someone like Pujara or Rahane could have been tried in his spot but now that Rohit is struggling, I doubt he will be warming the benches for the next two matches at Bulawayo as the management would love to see Rohit gaining some form before the big RSA tour. We might see Pujara and Mohit in the coming two games but not sure about Rasool and Rahane. Raina is one man who should be dropped in the remaining matches. Yes, he scored a quickfire 20 odd yesterday but he hasn't done anything good for long now (avg. 18 in last 10 matches before yesterday's match). Lets see if the bench warmers get chances or Virat once gives the nod to the same old Raina, Jadeja and Vinay Kumar. I don't know what is Vinay doing the team? He should have been dropped after 1st ODI itself.

If you are giving chance to Rohit to improve his form, why not do the same thing with Raina? Raina has been in horrible form lately since the start of the champions trophy so he needs more matches to gain his form rather than Rohit who has been decent throughout this season except this series. I agree on the part that Vinay Kumar should be dropped for Mohit Sharma but Vinay being the most experienced bowler, I don't know how Virat will drop him.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
^^ most experienced, as well as most expensive. I hope Kohli/Fletcher drop Vinay Kumar and get in Mohit (or anyone else).

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
I want parvez rasool to make his debut.Well he cannot replace Mishra who is excellent . He could replace Jadeja who had already played so much matches and has no problem with his form

Grtspinner9

School Cricketer
Due to Zimbabwe elections. There will be no play on July 31 it's moved next day.

Ashu54

Club Captain
Well mohit sharma should get place in for R vinay kumar since vinay kumar has done nothing as a main strike bowler nor his line length was good he was struggling.... Unadkat and Shami Ahmed have done decently and better than vinay Kumar....

As forr middle order-my stakes are on dropping rohit and raina and placing Pujara and Rahane up there...

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Well mohit sharma should get place in for R vinay kumar since vinay kumar has done nothing as a main strike bowler nor his line length was good he was struggling.... Unadkat and Shami Ahmed have done decently and better than vinay Kumar....

As forr middle order-my stakes are on dropping rohit and raina and placing Pujara and Rahane up there...

Agrees with you mate :cheers

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Due to Zimbabwe elections. There will be no play on July 31 it's moved next day.

That's funny because I could've sworn that Zim were playing India today but now it all makes sense thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread