Tri-series in West Indies - June/July 2013

Epic

Panel of Selectors
It's gotten old at this point, I just expect us to win everytime Dhoni is at the crease. :p

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watching a match in TEN group of channels is worser than watching a mega serial.They have the worst commentry team and the worst cameras.ESPN STAR is simply outstanding.Nothing can beat that.Thank god we dont have ZEE Sports anymore.Arun Lal,Laxman Sivaramkrishnan,Ramiz Raja,Russel Arnold and a few others are argubly the worst commentators ever.For me,Harsha Bhogle and David Lloyd are the best commentators.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It's gotten old at this point, I just expect us to win everytime Dhoni is at the crease. :p

I agree to this. I just don't feel pressure until that guy is standing at the crease. Only he can do it so often.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Watching a match in TEN group of channels is worser than watching a mega serial.They have the worst commentry team and the worst cameras.ESPN STAR is simply outstanding.Nothing can beat that.Thank god we dont have ZEE Sports anymore.Arun Lal,Laxman Sivaramkrishnan,Ramiz Raja,Russel Arnold and a few others are argubly the worst commentators ever.For me,Harsha Bhogle and David Lloyd are the best commentators.
Not to forget their 3D TV pop-up ads during the matches. The only difference now is they show it after the end of each innings after they were filed complaint by the court for over-exposure of ads. Thank God, this series is over, it was painful to watch even a single over.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This man flirts with danger so often...... To the point where he gives us heart attacks! Yet, until he is out there, no body including non-Indians and Indian haters (*who am I pointing to, cough cough**) will start thinking of a possible Indian victory!

People in Cricinfo kept criticising Rohit for his slow knocks, but this trophy win is as much to Rohit's solidity at the top. The guy has finally found his bearings. Its rare to see Rohit maintain consistency over two consecutive series, but he has done it with both the CT and this tri-series. Touchwood, he should continue. I wouldn't move him out of the top order. Rohit Sharma is not a makeshift opener anymore!!! He is our opener in the shorter formats. And our find in recent times, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar. Delivered yet again! What a guy!

Tremendous fightback from the team after losing two games on a trot, that too one very heavily to a side on whom we have had such a stranglehold. The team showed great character. I am optimistic of India's chances overseas in the shorter formats. Its our test gameplay that bothers me. We are ODI champions!:cheers:clap

----------

Don't really think if he deserves a game in Zimbawe ahead of Pujara. I've been mentioning time and again, he's got soo many chances to play his typo innings, he has failed on every occasion! Don't really think he can actually say anything in his defence now. Can he?
Pujara deserves a chance more than anyone else now!

With MSD not playing in Zimbabwe, Karthik has to play. I am not too sure Karthik is that bad. And we always need backup keepers from here on. Dhoni won't be getting young, and we have already started seeing the toll of heavy cricket on his body. Karthik is right now 2nd best option after Dhoni to be our keeper-batsman. Today, Karthik solidifed the innings along with Rohit Sharma. Similar to how Kohli solidified along with Gambhir in that WC final.

S

Satan666

This man flirts with danger so often...... To the point where he gives us heart attacks! Yet, until he is out there, no body including non-Indians and Indian haters (*who am I pointing to, cough cough**) will start thinking of a possible Indian victory!

I like it in some way when Dhoni win matches like this, cuz like me he was hated by the same fans who now shower blessings upon his feet. Someday SaiSrini you and the rest of your kind here will shower blessings upon my feet also.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Hope some people start reading things properly. Or maybe their hatred is clouding their judgement so much that their basic sense has stopped aiding them.

MS Dhoni has always been an excellent ODI captain. Its his test skills that have been under question. A lot of people are still not sure if he is the ideal guy to be leading India in tests. But for lack of better alternatives, he is leading India in tests. The day a better alternative crops up, Dhoni will be removed from test captaincy and eventually his test place.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Hope some people start reading things properly. Or maybe their hatred is clouding their judgement so much that their basic sense has stopped aiding them.

MS Dhoni has always been an excellent ODI captain. Its his test skills that have been under question. A lot of people are still not sure if he is the ideal guy to be leading India in tests. But for lack of better alternatives, he is leading India in tests. The day a better alternative crops up, Dhoni will be removed from test captaincy and eventually his test place.

India is ranked 2nd in tests.He also is a good test captain but since he is a great or rather greatest ODI captain,he may look like an ordinary test captain.If people pin point the test series in England and Australia where India lost badly just they need to look back and see who performed,a captain alone cant win.In England,after Rahul Dravid,Praveen Kumar was the one who batted well.In Australia almost everyone failed,maybe Virat showed some resistance.When 0/11 perform,how can a captain alone win.Dhoni is a good captain in all the 3 formats of the game.Haters will keep hating,no matter what.

S

Satan666

India is ranked 2nd in tests.He also is a good test captain but since he is a great or rather greatest ODI captain,he may look like an ordinary test captain.If people pin point the test series in England and Australia where India lost badly just they need to look back and see who performed,a captain alone cant win.In England,after Rahul Dravid,Praveen Kumar was the one who batted well.In Australia almost everyone failed,maybe Virat showed some resistance.When 0/11 perform,how can a captain alone win.Dhoni is a good captain in all the 3 formats of the game.Haters will keep hating,no matter what.

I agree with this, always have and always will. Dhoni is an excellent captain in all three (3) formats. Youre right Madhavan, haters will keep hating no matter what!

I must add also, he has done a great job with CSK in the IPL since its inception.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I agree with this, always have and always will. Dhoni is an excellent captain in all three (3) formats. Youre right Madhavan, haters will keep hating no matter what!

I must add also, he has done a great job with CSK in the IPL since its inception.

You are a very confusing person man.Whome/What do you hate and like? :rolleyes

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

I don't really agree with this. Dhoni looks confused when he is leading the team in tests. The confidence that he carries in an ODI rubs off on his captaincy and he is magical. But in tests, his batting style doesn't suit the format and when he tries to restructure his game, it ends up being nowhere. And subsequently, he fails with the bat in tests. And consequently, his captaincy suffers because of it. His style of captaincy (where he relies on his instincts) most often doesn't work in tests.

Purely on his abilities alone, Dhoni might not be the best keeper to play for India in tests. But because we don't have good alternatives for captaincy yet (Kohli is a product in making, and Gambhir is out of reckoning and others are just finding feet), Dhoni has to continue for quite sometime now.

P.s: If some idiots call me a 'Dhoni hater' because of my opinion about Dhoni's test captaincy, I f-----g don't care! I am a Dhoni fan. After Sachin Tendulkar, Dhoni is the guy for whom I would pay to watch him bat! In the shorter formats....

Last edited:
S

Satan666

I don't really agree with this. Dhoni looks confused when he is leading the team in tests. The confidence that he carries in an ODI rubs off on his captaincy and he is magical. But in tests, his batting style doesn't suit the format and when he tries to restructure his game, it ends up being nowhere. And subsequently, he fails with the bat in tests. And consequently, his captaincy suffers because of it. His style of captaincy (where he relies on his instincts) most often doesn't work in tests.

Purely on his abilities alone, Dhoni might not be the best keeper to play for India in tests. But because we don't have good alternatives for captaincy yet (Kohli is a product in making, and Gambhir is out of reckoning and others are just finding feet), Dhoni has to continue for quite sometime now.

I cannot think of a sucessful keeper from India other than MSD, maybe Engineer and Kirmani, only and in their time if not mistaken most of the bowlers they kept for were spinners, they achieved nothing special neither, either ways Dhoni is the best keeper for te Indians in the last 5 decades. Care to name some better keepers who have played for team India, Sai?

Dhoni's average in tests in is a shade under 40, Boucher averaged 30, and he is hailed as one of the best keeper-batsman of all time by most pundits.

Thats it there is no one better to lead India in tests than Dhoni for now and in the recent years also.

----------

You are a very confusing person man.Whome/What do you hate and like? :rolleyes

I like the truth, hate the ones whom take from the poor to fatten their pockets and most of all I hate the ones he consider themselves higher than others, all men are equal no man is god, gods dont walk earth anymore!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Nayan Mongia is a better wicketkeeper than Dhoni in test matches. Dhoni is not a great keeper. He is a relatively safe keeper. Mongia was a very reliable and good keeper. And a decent batsman in an era where the keeper-batsman style had not yet exploded (it exploded with the advent of Adam Gilchrist).

I too say that there is no one better to lead India in tests right now. That's why Dhoni can't be moved in tests. But that doesn't mean Dhoni is a great test captain. I would rate Dravid better than Dhoni in terms of test captaincy.

Users who are viewing this thread