Australia tour of West Indies

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm not surprised David Hussey got his 50 quicker than Ronchi. David Hussey can hit just as big but he can play graceful too.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It's funny seeing Miller with such cheap figures and no one else. Australia seem to have a strange difficulty with left arm spinners in ODIs. That's a real beating that is. Well done Aussies.

Not just ODIs either, we struggled in Test matches against them. We don't really have anyone in domestic that bowl left arm slow, Aaron Heal is the newest but bearly any of the players in our national side have faced him.

On our lineup I would have Watson over Marsh he can bowl so that pushes him over. It would be good to have a spinner over Hopes or just bring in Tait/Hilfy as our batting is longer enough with Watson at opener. Only problem with 4 seamers is we already struggle to complete the over rates as it is.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's funny seeing Miller with such cheap figures and no one else. Australia seem to have a strange difficulty with left arm spinners in ODIs. That's a real beating that is. Well done Aussies.
It was that point in the match, Ronchi and Clarke got out, so they were 4 wickets down, but they had a huge amount of runs. They just let him bowl, because keeping wickets was more important and even if he was bowling maidens he couldn't keep the run rate down. Sulieman Benn had similar figures in the first ODI for a similar reason.

formula1man

International Cricketer
3 of Johnson's wickets were 9, 10 and Jack so his bowling is crap.
With our squad its great to have selection headaches, no one needs to worry about life after retirements we have plenty.
1. Hayden (Marsh wen he is absent)
2. Watson (bowler)
3. Ponting
4. Clarke (spin)
5. Symmonds (spin)
6. M. Hussey
7. D. Hussey (spin)
8. L. Ronchi
9. B. Lee (bowler)
10. N. Bracken (bowler)
11. S. Clark (bowler)

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Another Ronchi over Haddin :noway.

Maybe we can play Clarke as the main spinner so it makes room for D Hussey, but who is the other pace bowler going to be? I mean Marsh is a way better batter than Watson and Watson is hardly an ideal 4th option quickie. The problem with Clarke being our main spinner is his back and he cant bowl 10 overs every game.

Gunja Dude

School Cricketer
Damn.

Come on my West Indies. This is not good cricket. :(

That new Hussey brother is a beast man.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
3 of Johnson's wickets were 9, 10 and Jack so his bowling is crap.
With our squad its great to have selection headaches, no one needs to worry about life after retirements we have plenty.
2. Watson (bowler)
3. Ponting
4. Clarke (spin)
5. Symmonds (spin)
6. M. Hussey
7. D. Hussey (spin)
8. L. Ronchi
9. B. Lee (bowler)
10. N. Bracken (bowler)
11. S. Clark (bowler)

Way too many batters in there. It would be great to fit David in there but it's just not possible without weakening our bowling which I can guarantee you will cost us another final, see the CBS if you need proof.

I would go
2. Watson (bowler)
3. Ponting
4. Clarke (spin)
5. Symonds (spin)
6. M. Hussey
7. Haddin
8. B. Lee (bowler)
9. Hilfy/Doherty/Hauritz/Clark/Johnson (bowler)
10. N. Bracken (bowler)
11. Tait (bowler)

With 3 bowlers I could live with Johnson as the 4th seamer but would prefer Hilfy or one of the spinners.
It's also time to unleash Tait and Lee.

formula1man

International Cricketer
Way too many batters in there. It would be great to fit David in there but it's just not possible without weakening our bowling which I can guarantee you will cost us another final, see the CBS if you need proof.

I would go
2. Watson (bowler)
3. Ponting
4. Clarke (spin)
5. Symonds (spin)
6. M. Hussey
7. Haddin
8. B. Lee (bowler)
10. N. Bracken (bowler)
11. Tait (bowler)

With 3 bowlers I could live with Johnson as the 4th seamer but would prefer Hilfy or one of the spinners.

Nah im happy with that.
Tait will work well.
David will replace Mike in the future

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors

I would go
2. Watson (bowler)
3. Ponting
4. Clarke (spin)
5. Symonds (spin)
6. M. Hussey
7. Haddin
8. B. Lee (bowler)
10. N. Bracken (bowler)
11. Tait (bowler)

We dont really need Watson, as we have 4 main bowlers and Clarkey and Roy can bowl 5 overs each in the middle section

Nah im happy with that.
Tait will work well.
David will replace Mike in the future

Nah, they are only like 1 year apart (?) and Hussey will be playing for a long time so David is going to have to crack into the team through another position imo.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I wouldn't trust in Roy and Clarke as a 5th bowler not to mention one of our 4 main bowlers may have an off day. Watson is more than capable as opener and he adds that extra bowling option.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Watson's a better batsman then Marsh though and he can actually bowl.

Hayden
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
M. Hussey
Haddin / Ronchi
Lee
Bracken
Clark
Tait

sennamor

School Cricketer
Despite winning against WI so convincingly, I think this Australian side is not very strong and very much beatable.

Users who are viewing this thread