Bangladesh Tour of the West Indies 2009

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Bangladesh will be in the West Indies for a 1 month visit, playing 2 Test, 3 ODIS & 1 T20. They will be with new Captain Mashrafe Mortaza. It will be an interesting tour, unlike in past years, only Barbados out of The Big 4, will see any action and that will be a warm-up match, nothing will be taking place in Jamaica, Trinidad, or Guyana, instead the matches are spread amongst the smaller Island, this is good for West Indies cricket.

Schedule

Fri Jul 3 - Sun Jul 5
West Indies A v Bangladesh
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados - 14:00 GMT

Thu Jul 9 - Mon Jul 13
West Indies v Bangladesh - 1st Test
Arnos Vale Ground, Kingstown, St Vincent - 14:00 GMT

Fri Jul 17 - Tue Jul 21
West Indies v Bangladesh - 2nd Test
National Cricket Stadium, St George's, Grenada - 14:00 GMT

Fri Jul 24
University of West Indies Vice Chancellor's XI v Bangladesh
Benjamin's Park, Portsmouth, Dominica - 13:30 GMT

Sun Jul 26
West Indies v Bangladesh - 1st ODI
Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica - 13:30 GMT

Tue Jul 28
West Indies v Bangladesh - 2nd ODI
Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica - 13:30 GMT

Fri Jul 31
West Indies v Bangladesh - 3rd ODI
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts - 13:30 GMT

Sun Aug 2
West Indies v Bangladesh - T20I
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts - 18:00 GMT

Bangladesh Squad:

Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Imrul Kayes, Raqibul Hasan, Mehrab Hossain jnr, Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Shahadat Hossain, Enamul Haque jnr, Mahbubul Alam, Rubel Hossain, Saghir Hossain (wk)

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^^ LOL

aw man you opened it! i was gonna, but AFTER the Ind series

irottev

School Cricketer
Bangladesh may win an ODI, but I wouldn't expect a test win. Players like Chanderpaul and Gayle should destroy them.

I'd expect
Tests 2-0 WI. maybe a draw, but series win to WI
ODIS 2-1 WI
T20 1-0 WI

Oh and this is a prediction, so don't other quoting me on it afterward if Bangladesh end up winning, i'm not ruling them out because the West Indies are hardly a powerhouse themselves in any form.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Gayle will destroy them...Yes they may win 1-2 ODI,or even T20 because T20 is such a format where nothing can be predicted before,anything can happen.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Hope we can play the whole 5 days in the Test matches, that's what Mashrafe has to try and tell his players to do in this series.

khalek added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Gayle will destroy them...Yes they may win 1-2 ODI,or even T20 because T20 is such a format where nothing can be predicted before,anything can happen.

Gayle will struggle against the spinners IMO especially Shakib, it should be an interesting contest and also Mashrafe's performance will be under scanner.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Bangladesh were bowled out for 195 in there first innings. The Windies had some very talented and quick bowlers playing though. Kemar Roach took five wickets, is he close to making the West Indies team or does he still have no ball problems?

Nelon Pascal didn't pick up a wicket though, but from what I heard he bowled with some serious pace.

And my man Kerian Powell was caught out for five :noway

That bowling attack of Kevin McClean, Kemar Roach and Nelon Pascal is very impresive.

DME786

School Cricketer
Both sides on there day are attractive to watch, both teams have there own qualities and therefore I just hope to see some good cricket.

Expect alot of rain delays though, the rainy season has arrived.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Should be a easy win for Windies in test and Odi. Bangladesh may give hard fight in odi but they are still far away from winning a series.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Bangladesh 124-1 in 2nd Innings, lead West Indies ‘A’ by 71 runs

WestIndian

vBookie Team
MacLovin; said:
Bangladesh 124-1 in 2nd Innings, lead West Indies ?A? by 71 runs

Hmmm, 2nd Innings, what happened in the 1st Innings?? How did it play out, you should post that here as well to give yours of the 2nd some foundation mate!!!

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i only posted that, because CI isnt doing live coverage for it. and if you want to know what happened on the 1st inn. then you can just go to CI and see it. but you wont find whats going on right now..

plus read this post
Bangladesh were bowled out for 195 in there first innings. The Windies had some very talented and quick bowlers playing though. Kemar Roach took five wickets, is he close to making the West Indies team or does he still have no ball problems?

Nelon Pascal didn't pick up a wicket though, but from what I heard he bowled with some serious pace.

And my man Kerian Powell was caught out for five :noway

That bowling attack of Kevin McClean, Kemar Roach and Nelon Pascal is very impresive.

MacLovin added 4 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

btw recent update 200/4 (bangladesh batting)

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
games over i guess, match is tied.

current time:

5:58 PM
Sunday, July 05, 2009
Standard Time -0400 UTC

Tamim is the highest scorer for bangladesh. score 71. played like a ODI match :mad

Users who are viewing this thread