Bangladesh Tour of the West Indies 2009

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
vacation? nah, not yet. almost 3 days of flight, then a day off, then start WU match for 3 days.

Numayer

School Cricketer
the series will go ahead as planned, this players always have problem with their board and contract, Bangladesh have a good chance of winning some games in this series.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
In the article this is now written. WICB are saying the Test match will go ahead. That could mean, if the West Indian players won't play, another team will be sent in:

'WICB president Julian Hunte, however, was confident the series would go ahead as planned. "As far as we are concerned [there] will be a Test match on Thursday," he told Reuters.

When contacted, Ramnarine said he hadn't heard the reactions from the WICB and could not comment at this stage. Tony Howard, the WICB's cricket operations officer, also told Cricinfo he had not heard of such any move, but that a statement would be released on the status of the series.'

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I can't blame the West Indies players for pulling out, they haven't been payed for the last four series which is just unacceptable. The test matches will still go ahead though so lets see if Bangladesh can finally get a top 8 test win. I wonder if we will see guys like Pascal, Roach, and McClean.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
It's unbelievable how the WICB is treating their players like, Bangladesh have a golden opportunity if a second string side is sent to play the test tomorrow.

P

pcfan123

Bang can actually win a test match then, how many have they won so far? I know they beat Zim once.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Bang can actually win a test match then, how many have they won so far? I know they beat Zim once.

Just One, that game against Zim that you mentioned.

I just saw that Barath was suppose to be making his debut for this game, is he still playing?

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I can't blame the West Indies players for pulling out, they haven't been payed for the last four series which is just unacceptable. The test matches will still go ahead though so lets see if Bangladesh can finally get a top 8 test win. I wonder if we will see guys like Pascal, Roach, and McClean.

Like I said earlier, it's not about payments, but about the unavailability of contracts.

Also this is written in the article:

'Emerging reports from the Caribbean say that a second-string West Indian squad has landed in St Vincent, where the first Test is scheduled to start tomorrow.'

West Indies players threaten boycott
Cricinfo staff
July 8, 2009
West Indies players threaten boycott | Cricket News | West Indies v Bangladesh 2009 | Cricinfo.com

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
2nd string side = huge presure on bangladesh.

they could be either Over confident, or players will be confused, there will be no idea about new players and their strength but pressure will be sky high to win the match.

rocklara

International Coach
From the local sports news here in St. Lucia, where the WICB president resides, reports have confirmed that Dr. Hunte, has indicated that the series will go on as planned. He has revealed that a new team will be playing tomorrow morning, and its not confirmed yet, but a group of under 19s and Darren Sammy, may be in that team. No one will know the team that will be chosen until tomorrow morning at the test match, in Arnos Vale.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
so looks like Bangladesh wont know ANYTHING about the players. what kinda players they are, the background stuff. they wont even know if the spinners gona bowl leg spin or off!

this is scaryyy!!

MacLovin added 5 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

The Barbados Nation newspaper reported on Wednesday that 16-year-old Barbadian opening batsman Kraigg Brathwaite is among those who have been approached to play in the first test.

is this a joke!! 16 years old? why cant they just signed the effing contract with the players!!

and the team that are gona put together? what about their contract? what if they quit in the middle of the game saying, where is our contract?

i hope BD players dont get over confident

MacLovin added 5 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Dale Richards
Kraigg Braithwaite
Travis Dowlin
Floyd Reifer (c)
Andre Creary
Chadwick Walton (wk)
David Bernard Jr
Darren Sammy
Tino Best
Kevin McLean
Nikitta Miller

some other WI user at other forum believes thats gona be the team for WI.

Tino Best? havent seen that dude in ages ...

http://www.cricinfo.com/westindies/engine/series/61149.html his 1st match was vs Bangladesh too. thats how i know him!

WestIndian

vBookie Team
But even Tino Best should tell the WICB to KMA, both he and Sammy, I am disappointed that Sammy would accept, seeing that an ODI series was played in the Caribbean, a match on his home ground and the same Clyde Butts did not see it fit to select him for the just ended series against India, but now their ass in hot water, who he runs too, the same Sammy and Best he have rejected in recent times.
I hope come Thursday morning, the Replacement Rejects, themselves don't turn out to play.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Kevin McClean is bloody quick, I hope he plays. But this really is a joke, it shouldn't be a test match if the West Indies are using 16 year-old's.

Users who are viewing this thread