Imrul 38
Junaid 2
Rokibul 49

WestIndian

vBookie Team

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
it looks more serious then the last time? Eng series was it? so you feel that things will kool down in 40 hrs, before 1st test? :(

P

pcfan123

dude windies always pull this. They never follow through, cause in the end they want the money.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
it looks more serious then the last time? Eng series was it? so you feel that things will kool down in 40 hrs, before 1st test? :(

Yes they will. I honestly want them to do it, because our Board just have no respect for players, at any level!!!
But the guys always think of the fans and they give in!!!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Actually I remember that West Indies players actually boycotted a series. I think it was against Sri Lanka. The West Indies Board sent then a second grade team to Sri Lanka.

But I now reading this on BBC:

Windies contracts row escalates
BBC SPORT | Cricket | International Teams | West Indies | Windies contracts row escalates

This is actually getting serious.

If the West Indies Board will decide to send in again a second grade team it could have some consequences. Like Bangladesh winning the Test match.

This is getting hot news. Now cricinfo has also an article about it. It has just been put up on the site. There are also saying 'more to follow...' So this a serious developing story.

West Indies players threaten boycott
Cricinfo staff
July 8, 2009
West Indies players threaten boycott | Cricket News | West Indies v Bangladesh 2009 | Cricinfo.com

ZexyZahid added 6 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

It's front page news now on cricinfo. This is the title of it:

'Windies players boycott series'
Contractual dispute forces move 'with immediate effect'

ZexyZahid added 10 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

I think it's now official. Cricinfo changed the article name now. The article has now also some more information.

West Indies players boycott Bangladesh series
Cricinfo staff
July 8, 2009
West Indies players boycott Bangladesh series | Cricket News | West Indies v Bangladesh 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
oh damn! so its final?! so now if they do win a test, it will be all "...meh"

MacLovin added 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

oh and if they lose!!!! ? :noway

P

pcfan123

such bs that they will do this to the Bangladeshis, they would never pull this crap on the Indians.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
If a second grade team plays and Bangladesh wins, I don't think people in Bangladesh will bother which players were playing for West Indies. A win is a win. If that scenario happens it will be Bangladesh's biggest chance of winning a Test match of the top 8 countries.

ZexyZahid added 2 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

such bs that they will do this to the Bangladeshis, they would never pull this crap on the Indians.

Yeah, I was just thinking about it. Would they do this if they were facing Australia? Although they did threaten to boycott early on in Australia, they went on to play.

Gayle said he was looking forward to it

Looking forward of what? Boycotting or playing the Test match?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
apprently i guess... :rolleyes:

i guess they targeted this series (?) b/c they could have easily boycott that short 4 ODI series vs India, and fix all the crap and play fresh and full series vs Bangladesh.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Wait, now I realising what's still about it. I thought it was about outstanding payments to the players. Now I am reading it again and it's about not having a contract for the past 4 series.

The WIPA could have easily boycotted some earlier series, like against India. Why are they boycotting it now? It's somehow highly likely they decided to not boycott the India series, but the Bangladesh series. I feel a bit sorry for the Bangladesh team. I mean they went to travel to West Indies, played a warm-up match and for a couple of days ahead of the first Test match they're coming up with this.

They could have easily said it before Bangladesh came to West Indies (they came during the ODI series against India), that they would boycott the series if no contracts would be made.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
this guy in BC was joking saying its all BCCIs fault, they did it! but after reading this ^^ that guys posts makes more sense

ZexyZahid said:
They could have easily said it before Bangladesh came to West Indies (they came during the ODI series against India), that they would boycott the series if no contracts would be made.

yeah, not a good start to Mashrafee era

P

pcfan123

If the windies really wanted to make a statement they wouldve boycotted the india matches, then the BCCI would have put momentou pressure on ICC and WICB to resolve the matter. Well atleast the bangladeshi boys got a little vacation in paradise.

Users who are viewing this thread