zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
West Indies will host India for 4 tests in July-August

West Indies set to host India for four-Test series in July-August | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Shardul Thakur earns call-up for WI Tests | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Carlos Brathwaite named West Indies T20 captain | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Fixture-
  • Sat Jul 9 - Sun Jul 10
    TBC v Indians - Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts

• Thu Jul 14 - Sat Jul 16
    TBC v Indians - Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts

• Thu Jul 21 - Mon Jul 2510:00 local (14:00 GMT | 19:30 IST)
    1st Test - West Indies v India - Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

• Sat Jul 30 - Wed Aug 310:00 local (15:00 GMT | 20:30 IST)
    2nd Test - West Indies v India - Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

• Tue Aug 9 - Sat Aug 1310:00 local (14:00 GMT | 19:30 IST)
    3rd Test - West Indies v India - Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet

• Thu Aug 18 - Mon Aug 2210:00 local (14:00 GMT | 19:30 IST)
    4th Test - West Indies v India - Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad

:bat:Virat Kohli :c:
:bat:M Vijay
:bat:Shikhar Dhawan
:bat:KL Rahul
:bat:Cheteshwar Pujara
:bat:Ajinkya Rahane (vice-capt)
:bat:Rohit Sharma

:wk:Wriddhiman Saha

:ar:Ravindra Jadeja
:ar:Stuart Binny

:bwl:R Ashwin
:bwl:Amit Mishra
:bwl:Ishant Sharma
:bwl:Mohammed Shami
:bwl:Bhuvneshwar Kumar
:bwl:Umesh Yadav
:bwl:Shardul Thakur

Andre Fletcher, Andre Russell, Carlos Brathwaite (capt), Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Evin Lewis, Jason Holder, Johnson Charles, Kieron Pollard, Lendl Simmons, Marlon Samuels, Samuel Badree, Sunil Narine

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Wanted to see another wkt-kpr. But let's see how Saha performs this time.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I really don't understand why the selectors have put their faith in Stuart Binny. The team doesn't really need him. Varun Aaron is a better choice if the selectors are looking for a good bowler. I'm sure there is someone good out there. Shardul Thakur does deserve a chance after a strong showing in the domestic circuit. Apart from Binny, all is good

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
With the West Indies Test side in full rebuild mode, would have loved to see young quick Alzarri Joseph in the squad. Loved watching him in the U19 WC - got great pace and bounce out of slow tracks in Bangladesh. He's a genuine wicket-taker and a home series against a quality side, even with only one or two games, would have been a great introduction. West Indies is lacking in genuine pace options - Taylor and Roach being shells of their former selves and Holder more of an accurate line bowler at 130K.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
'I know what my strengths are in Tests,' says India's Ishant Sharma | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

This is quite interesting because he certainly looked good in Sri Lanka on helpful surfaces, he didn't have much to do against South Africa in the home series since it was the spinners who dominated that series. Here in West Indies, pitches are likely to be low and slow which isn't too different from India. The interesting part is that he still averages almost 37 with ball which is not good especially for someone who has played 68 test matches. He has been given so many chances by the selectors because Ishant has shown this potential every once in a while that he has the ability to be one of the best in the world when he in rhythm. However, that consistency is still lacking which is very surprising for someone who has so much experience at International level and frustrating for us fans who have seen him at his best. Especially if he wants to be called leader of the bowling attack, he needs to perform to earn that respect which he hasn't done consistently. Ishant did very well last time he was in West Indies

In terms of final 11, it will be interesting to see who are the two spinners Kohli will go for. Ashwin and Jadeja did not play in the first warm up game and Mishra took the full advantage of that by picking up a 4-fer. Jadeja does offer that extra batting but an in form leggie is always tempting to have in the line-up. It will be a surprise if Binny gets picked unless the pitch is pace friendly. Ashwin is a certain but it will be interesting who gets picked between Mishra and Jadeja. For fast bowling, Ishant is certain but the other two will be a debate since Bhuvi has shown lately that he has got the swing back and has also increased his pace. In the batting department, I expect Dhawan to start the series instead of KL Rahul. Hopefully Pujara will start ahead of Rohit.

Dhawan
Murli Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Jadeja/Mishra
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Ishant
Yadav/Shami

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I really don't understand why the selectors have put their faith in Stuart Binny. The team doesn't really need him. Varun Aaron is a better choice if the selectors are looking for a good bowler. I'm sure there is someone good out there. Shardul Thakur does deserve a chance after a strong showing in the domestic circuit. Apart from Binny, all is good
Binny is poor, true. But he is a batting all rounder. Just like Jadeja. An all rounder in the team is important. Look at the England side. So far he has been bad, but hopefully he can turn things around if given a chance. He was decent in domestic cricket. Thakur is a bowler, the selectors were probably looking for an all-rounder.

'I know what my strengths are in Tests,' says India's Ishant Sharma | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

This is quite interesting because he certainly looked good in Sri Lanka on helpful surfaces, he didn't have much to do against South Africa in the home series since it was the spinners who dominated that series. Here in West Indies, pitches are likely to be low and slow which isn't too different from India. The interesting part is that he still averages almost 37 with ball which is not good especially for someone who has played 68 test matches. He has been given so many chances by the selectors because Ishant has shown this potential every once in a while that he has the ability to be one of the best in the world when he in rhythm. However, that consistency is still lacking which is very surprising for someone who has so much experience at International level and frustrating for us fans who have seen him at his best. Especially if he wants to be called leader of the bowling attack, he needs to perform to earn that respect which he hasn't done consistently. Ishant did very well last time he was in West Indies

In terms of final 11, it will be interesting to see who are the two spinners Kohli will go for. Ashwin and Jadeja did not play in the first warm up game and Mishra took the full advantage of that by picking up a 4-fer. Jadeja does offer that extra batting but an in form leggie is always tempting to have in the line-up. It will be a surprise if Binny gets picked unless the pitch is pace friendly. Ashwin is a certain but it will be interesting who gets picked between Mishra and Jadeja. For fast bowling, Ishant is certain but the other two will be a debate since Bhuvi has shown lately that he has got the swing back and has also increased his pace. In the batting department, I expect Dhawan to start the series instead of KL Rahul. Hopefully Pujara will start ahead of Rohit.

Dhawan
Murli Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Jadeja/Mishra
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Ishant
Yadav/Shami

Dhawan was good in warm up game. So, ya. I think he will be in the first match. And Pujara should be included before Rohit as you said. If Pujara is not there, Rahane will be coming 1 down. We don't need that. He is playing very well in the #5 spot. So hopefully Rohit is out of the team.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
How can people put Dhawan ahead of Rahul? It's ridiculous.

Rahul
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Saha
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Ishant

dp458

Club Captain
How can people put Dhawan ahead of Rahul? It's ridiculous.

Rahul
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Saha
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Ishant
I'd say Rahul plays. And that it comes down to robit or dhawan
Seems harsh to leave out mishra.

As an England fan, what is the make up of the bowling attack you expect for that series. I presume 3 spinners at home and jadega batting 7

Rahul is a keeper right, why can't he keep and you drop saha. Who from what ove seen is pretty useless

Users who are viewing this thread