ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd say Rahul plays. And that it comes down to robit or dhawan
Seems harsh to leave out mishra.

As an England fan, what is the make up of the bowling attack you expect for that series. I presume 3 spinners at home and jadega batting 7

Rahul is a keeper right, why can't he keep and you drop saha. Who from what ove seen is pretty useless
Rahul is a part time keeper. He is not a regular keeper like Saha. Kohli has said that in tests they need a regular keep even if batting is not upto the mark. He even told Sahas's batting is improving.
I agree with him that we need a regular keeper but Saha hasn't impressed much. Hope he performs well in this series. If he doesn't I hope that they bring in ojha as his replacement.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
How can people put Dhawan ahead of Rahul? It's ridiculous.

Rahul
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Saha
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Ishant
Going with only 4 bowlers? I know rohit and Vijay can bowl a bit. But I would include shami for the first match in place of rohit and see how he performs. He wasn't good in warm ups but I reckon we should have 5 proper bowlers. If we need an extra batting, then include binny. Ya he is a bad player but I feel 5 bowlers is needed.
One of the thing I am worried is Pujara. He is a solid player but hasn't been performing well recently. Hope he comes back good.
Even though most of us want Rahul in the team ahead of dhawan, it's likely that Kohli might go for dhawan.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
We can't leave a guy who is in terrific form and include a guy who is just coming out of his terrible form. Rahul is a great choice in terms of opening slot. Vijay can't be dropped as he is a solid test opener. That leaves Kohli to drop Dhawan. I think he might include Dhawan considering the vast experience which he posses.

I will have 5 Bowlers with a spin duo of Jadeja and Ashwin. The other 3 will be the Indian spearheads Bhuvi, Yadav and Shami. Whether we win or lose is secondary but all the players should be given a chance to prove themselves.

As far as we have Kumble- Kohli combo, we get to see more talent explorations and a valid opportunity to each and every deserving players.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'd say Rahul plays. And that it comes down to robit or dhawan
Seems harsh to leave out mishra.

As an England fan, what is the make up of the bowling attack you expect for that series. I presume 3 spinners at home and jadega batting 7

Rahul is a keeper right, why can't he keep and you drop saha. Who from what ove seen is pretty useless

I think Shikhar Dhawan is strictly an opener and those slots are taken. If it comes to the middle order, 3,4 and 5 are taken. KL Rahul is a part time wicket keeper and was below par in the recently concluded IPL which is the shortest format and even there he made one error an innings on average. I don't remember the opposition, but one of his errors cost RCB the game. So, Saha will play. India's four bowlers are near certain. That only leaves the No.6 slot. India might opt for a batting all rounder in Binny, though I personally feel he's alright for an IPL team, not the national side with either bat or ball. Certainly not test match quality. That leaves Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan and I will firmly play Rohit Sharma. I think his test record is poor, but if it's between them I'll pick Rohit any day of the week in the middle order. What's more a poor WI attack and slow placid wickets make Rohit Sharma twice the batsman he is. In the right circumstances, he can tear the bowling apart and win the test match in a session.

For the England series? It's a pity England don't have quality spinners. I think their batting and depth is envious, but India as you rightly pointed out will probably play three spinners (Ashwin, Jadeja and Mishra) and play two quicks. It's a long way to go before that series though and lots may happen yet. From an English point of view, and as an ardent fan of their cricket, I'm very intrigued to see Barstow behind the stumps and how Joe Root goes with his batting. I think Jos Buttler just has to be there. Personally, I wouldn't pick Gary Ballance in my local division side, but England seem to be in love with him. As an India supporter, I think our three spinners will be licking their chops seeing his name on the team sheet. I'll be aghast if he makes a half century against us.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This would be my team-

:bat:Vijay
:bat:Rahul
:bat:Pujara
:bat:Kohli
:bat:Rahane
:wk:Saha
:ar:Jadeja
:bwl:Ashwin
:bwl:Bhuvneshwar
:bwl:Ishant
:bwl:Shami

It's sad that even though mishra is playing nicely there is no place for him.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
As a Rohit Sharma fan, I'll play him at any cost so will line-up as:

Vijay
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Saha
Mishra
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Shami

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
As a Rohit Sharma fan, I'll play him at any cost so will line-up as:

Vijay
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Saha
Mishra
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Shami
Team Management will listen to you :lol

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
My lineup would be
Rahul
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Jadeja
Ashwin
Yadav
Shami
Ishant/Mishra

Im surprised so many people are opting for Bhuvi ahead of Yadav. Forget limited overs performances. Yadav was really good in the SA tests which were the last time we played test cricket. Even Aaron was bowling well in that series. Guys like Yadav and Aaron might be liabilities in the shorter forms but we need them for test cricket. The tracks in WI will be slow and rough aiding reverse swing. Bhuvi will be a waste of space in these conditions. Guys like Bunny should be nowhere close to the test side. Its a joke that we pick someone like Bunny who doesn't even get cheap T20 wickets as our seam bowling all-rounder. I would rather invest in someone like Pandya who has some zip about him and is a superb athlete who can change things on the field and the bat.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Net sessions in Antigua indicate that India had narrowed their squad down to 13 for the first Test with Rohit Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Shardul Thakur possibly missing out.

India preach patience and ponder combination | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

So, I guess it will be Rahul/Dhawan and Mishra/Binny in the playing XI. Hope it will be Rahul and Mishra. This might be the team

:bat:Rahul / Dhawan
:ar:Binny / :bwl:Mishra
:bwl:Ashwin
:bwl:Ishant
:bwl:Shami

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So Binny wasn't in the team just because of his father.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
So Binny wasn't in the team just because of his father.
Well. That was one of the reason he was in the team. Since, there isn't any other all-rounder other than Jaddu in the sqaud, he is been considered for the playing XI.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Its interesting how people are putting Mishra as the optional spinner. I think Ashwin and Mishra are certain to play. It will be a toss up between Jadeja/Binny for the all-rounder's spot depending on the wicket and performance in the nets

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why not Bhuvi ahead of Binny - a bowling all rounder instead of a batting one. Bhuvi was excellent in the England series with the bat. I am sure he can bowl better than Binny under any conditions, can bowl in a more disciplined manner (wicket to wicket) and is faster too.

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
:bat:Rahul
:bwl:Mishra