Bangladesh Tour of the West Indies 2009

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
not soo happy with the last win. what the hell was Shakib doing?! i know he cant score every time, he is gona have a bad matches. but its one thing to have a bad game, then to just be very arrogant and purposely get out. i posted what he was doing from CI on the last page. i swear its like he was mad at the other players for giving their wicket away, so he wanted to give it away too. 'why should i have clean up your slack every time' attitude. either that or he was very overconfident or underestimate the WI bowlers. last 2 ODI he was pissed of, sad and was annoyed with himself after getting out. today he didnt care. just w/e. he pulled a Ashraful! he needs to stay away from Ashraful. i wouldnt mind him getting a duck then did what he did today. the commentators were going nuts too.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Congratulations to Bangladesh of sweeping the ODI series. Next there is a Twenty20 and after that there will be an ODI series in Zimbabwe. I find Zimbabwe better then this current West Indies.

Well, here is something that will make Bangladesh's life a bit easier.

Taibu has been banned for 10 matches.

Taibu slapped with ten-match ban
Martin Williamson
July 22, 2009
Taibu slapped with ten-match ban | Zimbabwe Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Bangladesh got a chance of winning two ODI series in a row.

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Congratulations to Bangladesh team!

Congratulations to West Indies team as well for their great fightback!

The last two matches were very close. It goes to Bangladesh's credit that they did not panic. Everyone rose to the occasion and ensured victory.

Their are many positives for both the teams. They should build on that and strive to get better.

Whatever people say unless a team is genuinely good it cannot inflict double whitewash to an opposition team in both Test and One day.

Bottom line. After their poor showng in the last ICC World twentyT20 Saqib and Co has brought credibility and joy for all of us.

One hopes both teams continue to prosper from where they left.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Congratulations to Bangladesh team!

Congratulations to West Indies team as well for their great fightback!

The last two matches were very close. It goes to Bangladesh's credit that they did not panic. Everyone rose to the occasion and ensured victory.

Their are many positives for both the teams. They should build on that and strive to get better.

Whateve people say unless a team is genuinely good it cannot inflict double whitewash to an opposition team in both Test and One day.

Bottom line. After their poor showng in the last ICC World twentyT20 Saqib and Co has brought credibity and joy for all of us.

One hopes both teams continue to prosper from where they left.

Cheers!

No it doesn't. New Zealand's whitewashed poor teams in the past and it didn't make them a good team, they were just beating a much worse of team.

International Coach
i hope windies selectors stop acting dumb atleast after being trashed by a team like bangladesh.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Well batted Mahmadullah.

5-0 overall. Nice. Alteast we don't lose to a weak side, so there is some creditability.

I don't know if Shakib should be captain. Don't want to over burden the poor guy.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Shakib is the best guy to take over in absensce of Mashrafe TBH and also we know what he's capable of and he can be consistent with the bat even under pressure, I know he threw it away in the previous match but his natural game is just too good to turn him into an Ashrafool.

It's been a great tour overall, almost every match has been pretty close and I think WI played well but Floid Reifer is the main reason why they lost both tests and one dayers. He was terrible against spin bowling and he crippled the middle order.

Fluroescent

School Cricketer
the thing is, they arent here to talk logic. clearly, they just dont like the fact that we have test status. they dont want us to have one. it burns them or something:sarcasm thats why they think, just b/c Irish won 1 T20 against us, they deserve to get test status! and we should be banned from it? now find the logic in that...they are blaming US for WI's mass:sarcasm, find the logic in that. so its pretty clear some just dont like our team... which is rather pretty funny now, they are just embarrassing themselves being so random hypocrite... its like the British media all over again. these people are just like them. randomly bashs Bangladesh...
I think it's quite interesting that you resort to petty namecalling and insinuations when someone else brings up expository points. Instead of personal attacks against me and other posters here who disagree with your own opinions, try being a little tolerant and cite facts, instead of stupidly claiming we have some kind of "agenda" like some overactive teenager. Here's some news for you: I'm Bangladeshi myself, have lived in Bangladesh all my life and think the Bangladesh cricket team shouldn't be given Test status at all, since all they're doing is embarrassing Bangladesh all over the world and making a mockery of both the country and international cricket. Hmarka makes an excellent point when he notes that the Bangladesh cricket team haven't won a single Test match against a decent side, apart from fifth-string Zimbabwe and West Indies teams only drafted in because of strikes and boycotts. They don't deserve any credit, since they haven't even earned it, and they don't deserve to represent Bangladesh at the international stage. Being nationalistic and thinking these "wins" would be of any merit is quite patently stupid -- they don't even deserve to be called international matches. I'm criticizing the Bangladeshi administrators, players and management, who would agree to belittling sportsmanship by agreeing to this sham, which is nothing short of insulting and preposterous. The very fact that they'd lick up these matches like shameless fokirs and tokais (beggars) instead of proving themselves against worthy opponents is shocking and outrageous to myself, and insults and belittles the country's image.

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Instead of personal attacks against me

ok i am gona stop reading you posts right there and say, I NEVER EVEN MENTIONED YOUR NICK IN THAT POST. but i am glad you took a HINT! you ARE one of THEM. and reading the bold part. lol, thats a shame... pls just dont replay to my posts any more, i dont want some one like you to talk to me =) thank you. good day ...

Fluroescent

School Cricketer
ok i am gona stop reading you posts right there and say, I NEVER EVEN MENTIONED YOUR NICK IN THAT POST. but i am glad you took a HINT! you ARE one of THEM. and reading the bold part. lol, thats a shame... pls just dont replay to my posts any more, i dont want some one like you to talk to me =) thank you. good day ...
Oh, wow, that's a splendid show of "logic" right there. Where might I gain some more pearls of wisdom from your esteemed, highly "logical" self?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
okay may be you didnt understand? do i have to repeat in Bangla?

Users who are viewing this thread