Bangladesh Tour of the West Indies 2009

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well if it was a JOB, yes you should work for salary, but playing for your motherland is something more then a JOB. It’s a bout pride; it’s about representing your people in a international event. Ohhh then again you don’t have a country call WI, so they possibly cant feel all that.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Well if it was a JOB, yes you should work for salary, but playing for your motherland is something more then a JOB. It?s a bout pride; it?s about representing your people in a international event. Ohhh then again you don?t have a country call WI, so they possibly cant feel all that.

These guys still have bills to pay and families to support, they need to be paid.

P

pcfan123

It is a job. Its easy for you to sit on your bum and say "oh play for the love of the game and not money". Cricket is their career, they are supposed to be paid. The love of your motherland does not pay the mortgage every month.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
You know I took a position on this tour and am in FULL support of the Senior players. There seems to be a lot guys in here don't know about our Board WICB, our guys have been patching thing for years, since Lara was Captain.
To speak about Love of country is BS, and when Tino Best joined the ICL, he was put off by the Barbados Cricket Board, he back then, asked a Journalist interviewing him about throwing his future on WI Team away, he said he did not have a contract, not being selected and there was no supermarket, he could walked into and say am Tino Best and get free groceries!
And he is right so, please drop that play for God and Country crap.

This problem with the WICB has been festering for years, and it just reached a point that enough is enough. I mean you play for Country as someone mentioned, but when you get to an airline ticket counter you do not have a ticket, because the Board owing the Airline, so WIPA has to pay just for one or two players to get to tour and look for thier refund from WICB. How much more does anyone need to understand the problem?
If need be I can produce some more. Like players, don't have contract, so they ae not covered by Insurance for injuries. Or your injury needs 6 weeks therapy, but the people will not work with the players in certain countries because WICB owes them money.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I don't get some of the logic here. Bangladesh aren't good enough in Test cricket. So instead of helping them to improve by booking them in more tours and FC games, you want them banned? How will that help anything?

Like I said before, Bangladesh are heads and shoulders above all the Associate nations. If they are to be banned, they will just dominate at the lower level, win everything there is to win, and in a few years people will be clamouring for them to be playing Test cricket again.

Well done Bangla. 2-0. They've won all their matches so far, so in a sense they've done about par. Ashraful is acting more responsible with the bat, Shakib has just been the perfect captain. The perfect allrounder. Sure the quality of the opposition isn't much, but he has yet to fail. Tha counts for something.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I don't understand why Sammy ducked when he was at long on. That is a position behind the bowler's runup. I think it is was another fielding position behind the stumps?

no he wasnt behind the stumps. he was in front of it, where the bowling mark is at. you know whey they shows it from the angel to see if the bowler bowled a front line no ball or not? well they were showing it from that side, and he just ducked and fall. it was a reaction..but it was funny

I don't get some of the logic here. Bangladesh aren't good enough in Test cricket. So instead of helping them to improve by booking them in more tours and FC games, you want them banned? How will that help anything?

the thing is, they arent here to talk logic. clearly, they just dont like the fact that we have test status. they dont want us to have one. it burns them or something:sarcasm thats why they think, just b/c Irish won 1 T20 against us, they deserve to get test status! and we should be banned from it? now find the logic in that...they are blaming US for WI's mass:sarcasm, find the logic in that. so its pretty clear some just dont like our team... which is rather pretty funny now, they are just embarrassing themselves being so random hypocrite... its like the British media all over again. these people are just like them. randomly bashs Bangladesh...

like i said, we arnt gonna lose this test status inshallah, cry all you want...it doesnt even bother me any more.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
no he wasnt behind the stumps. he was in front of it, where the bowling mark is at. you know whey they shows it from the angel to see if the bowler bowled a front line no ball or not? well they were showing it from that side, and he just ducked and fall. it was a reaction..but it was funny

the thing is, they arent here to talk logic. clearly, they just dont like the fact that we have test status. they dont want us to have one. it burns them or something:sarcasm thats why they think, just b/c Irish won 1 T20 against us, they deserve to get test status! and we should be banned from it? now find the logic in that...they are blaming US for WI's mass:sarcasm, find the logic in that. so its pretty clear some just dont like our team... which is rather pretty funny now, they are just embarrassing themselves being so random hypocrite... its like the British media all over again. these people are just like them. randomly bashs Bangladesh...

like i said, we arnt gonna lose this test status inshallah, cry all you want...it doesnt even bother me any more.

Who are "they"

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
add Howsie into that list too, he is not a big fan of BD either, more on the anti-side...

1 or 2 more kids...i will go back and check

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
add Howsie into that list too, he is not a big fan of BD either, more on the anti-side...

1 or 2 more kids...i will go back and check

I am, I'd like you to show me a post where I have said Bangladesh don't deserve Test status. Just because I disagree with Robin about everything doesn't mean I hate Bangladesh.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i wasnt talking about you disagreeing with Robin, thats not it. and its not just about Test Status that makes you anti-BD either..but you dont HATE bangladesh. i never said you hate it, but you are more on the other side. and you are allowed to be :) we dont mind. ok you are in between.

MacLovin added 4 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Mortaza happy to step aside for Shakib | West Indies v Bangladesh 2009 |

idk man. some one else has to take over! we arnt noticing little flows now, b/c he is winning us the matches. Shakib needs to calm down! he gets angry a lot!! never seen him get angry before!

when Rokib was a little off with the throw, he got really mad, and almost threw the ball back to Rokib at point. he was mad at Ashrful for throwing his wicket away on ODI 2, dont mind that though.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Well as long as they arent playing New Zealand I'm happy to see them do well.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Mortaza happy to step aside for Shakib | West Indies v Bangladesh 2009 |

idk man. some one else has to take over! we arnt noticing little flows now, b/c he is winning us the matches. Shakib needs to calm down! he gets angry a lot!! never seen him get angry before!

when Rokib was a little off with the throw, he got really mad, and almost threw the ball back to Rokib at point. he was mad at Ashrful for throwing his wicket away on ODI 2, dont mind that though.

Yeah man it's not a good sign in his captaincy, it might demoralise the players and our players are still learning so they gotta be coached with care and not with slangs.

But as long as he's successful and still performing, I don't mind him doing that.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
It is a job. Its easy for you to sit on your bum and say "oh play for the love of the game and not money". Cricket is their career, they are supposed to be paid. The love of your motherland does not pay the mortgage every month.

Man trust me i do know. but for me il play for my country for free. its just pride of playing for my country... and contracted players all around the world make money somehow. this also i know. just trust me on this ok... :spy

Users who are viewing this thread