Bangladesh Tour of the West Indies 2009

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Roach got 'kicked out' for thorwing 2 beamers. 1st one, even Sammy ducked, who was at long on. it was verry funny!

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Your point?

It sounds like you're trying to say Bangladesh almost won games against Sri Lanka and New Zealand, which is all well and good but they didn't. There is no point of bringing up games they have "almost' won, every supporter could do that.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
In spite of the circumstances, Dowlin has been an interesting player. You wouldn't expect a batsman averaging 30 and aged over 30 to produce so many good scores, even against Bangladesh, but he has played all the shots in the book against the spinners. I guess with Bangladesh's lack of pace, his true weakness wasn't tested much. Still, take players like Brendan Nash. Dowlin seems like one who might have bought himself another tour. In the modern world of tiresome slow pitches and teams carrying extra spinners, he might do okay.

Kemar Roach has continued to show some of his quality, if also his rawness. He and many bowlers of his ilk stand no chance of honing that sharp edge simply by playing domestic cricket at home. They'll never play enough matches for it to be worth the wait. These are the sorts of players who must be picked for tours and given chances.

The work of Darren Sammy and David Bernard has been very important to this team. They've worked hard, often against the grain and even against obvious pain. Occasionally, they have come up with a solid result, but by and large it's not been a stats builder. Both players are like Gumby in the field and when all their qualities are measured together, they make for a good choice of player if neither of a great bowler or great batsman is available.

If it's dubious whether a player can gain anything by succeeding against Bangladesh, then surely they can be damned by failing. Dale Richards, Floyd Reifer and Ryan Hinds really haven't done enough to warrant another pick. Reifer wouldn't have stood a chance for selection anyway, but Richards had been chosen for both series against England, while Hinds has been given many a chance by the selectors. Reifer has shouldered a real burden by becoming the impromptu captain of the team, so hopefully he gets a score he can hang his hat on in the final game.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Kemar Roach has continued to show some of his quality, if also his rawness. He and many bowlers of his ilk stand no chance of honing that sharp edge simply by playing domestic cricket at home. They'll never play enough matches for it to be worth the wait. These are the sorts of players who must be picked for tours and given chances.

Well he sort of has in a way, he toured NZ when they came over here last summer but he only played in the tour game against Auckland. I actually went up to see that match and I was very impressed with his bowling. The Eden Park wicket was a complete road but he just had that something special, I was surprised he didn't play in any other games TBH. He has had his problems though, he used to bowl a lot of no-balls and most people thought that was the reason he wasn't playing during that time. It looks as though he has fixed that though.

P

pcfan123

My point was that the Test series was not playing at anywhere near Test standards. A DIV II county could beat that windies side, and probably Bangladesh too. I am sorry but when a team has only 2 wins in 60 odd matches and both wins against the worst teams in Test history then they do not deserve to be playing. These constant poor performances are altering the statistics of Test cricket history forever. Iif Bangladesh had never played Test cricket, there would be a lot of bowlers with higher averages and less wickets.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Roach got 'kicked out' for throwing 2 beamers. 1st one, even Sammy ducked, who was at long on. it was very funny!

I don't understand why Sammy ducked when he was at long on. That is a position behind the bowler's runup. I think it is was another fielding position behind the stumps?

Because he bowled two beamers he actually gave the match away. Roach is practically now West Indies' best bowler.

ZexyZahid added 7 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

And it takes some time before a country wins a Test match. Look for at example New Zealand. Their first Test match was at 10/01/1930 and they won their Test match at 09/03/1956. It takes some time before a country can develop itself.

P

pcfan123

yea but the teams of the 30s 40s were much stronger than when Bangladesh started.

Numayer

School Cricketer
My point was that the Test series was not playing at anywhere near Test standards. A DIV II county could beat that windies side, and probably Bangladesh too. I am sorry but when a team has only 2 wins in 60 odd matches and both wins against the worst teams in Test history then they do not deserve to be playing. These constant poor performances are altering the statistics of Test cricket history forever. Iif Bangladesh had never played Test cricket, there would be a lot of bowlers with higher averages and less wickets.

It doesnt matter against which Windies side we are playing against, its beyond our control so the matter of the fact we whitewashed them and u lost by an innings against them few days back

P

pcfan123

So you beat a Windies C team, will you win the next test series you play (no matter who it is)? NO, will you beat the real Windies team? NO

When Bangladesh can beat REAL test match teams, talk to me.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
:facepalm

Well done Bangla boys. I did not believe you will get these runs. :thumbs

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Guys this is very unfair you trying to point fingurs at Bangladesh for wrong doings of WI. we all should talk agenst WI not Bangladesh, WI is killing Cricket and ICC is doing nothing about it, thats the truth :facepalm

P

pcfan123

not really, Windies will be back to full strength soon and Bangladesh will continue to lose. The Windies situation is a minor hiccup, the Bangladesh one is like 2 broken legs.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
not really, Windies will be back to full strength soon and Bangladesh will continue to lose. The Windies situation is a minor hiccup, the Bangladesh one is like 2 broken legs.

Wow you really think so, playing E team for international test matches and ODI?s and loosing at home to last team in the ICC ranking is minor hiccup.. wow you guys sure knows lot more then us.
Well done Bangladesh you did well and your team is a better team then pathetic, greedy WI any day. I am sure all top Bangladesh payers will play for their county even if they had to find money them self to buy the air ticket. In the other hand WI players !!!!!!
:facepalm:mad::facepalm

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Wow you really think so, playing E team for international test matches and ODI?s and loosing at home to last team in the ICC ranking is minor hiccup.. wow you guys sure knows lot more then us.
Well done Bangladesh you did well and your team is a better team then pathetic, greedy WI any day. I am sure all top Bangladesh payers will play for their county even if they had to find money them self to buy the air ticket. In the other hand WI players !!!!!!
:facepalm:mad::facepalm

Of course it's only a minor hiccup, it's not like all the West Indies front line players have left to go and play in the ICL. They needed to get this sorted out and they targeted this series as the best time to do it.

P

pcfan123

They were not being paid for services rendered. I dont know about you but If my boss stops paying me, I will not work for him.

Users who are viewing this thread