Your Cricket Indoor Cricket

Guys please cna you answer some questions

- Does anyone know of an indoor comp in Sydney?

Maney

- Who else plays indoor with you ?
- who is playing suffolk this year in outdoor? (ASH? SASHA? ARCHIE?)
- Are you playing firsts?
- Have you got msn?

Guys please cna you answer some questions

- Does anyone know of an indoor comp in Sydney?

Maney

- Who else plays indoor with you ?
- who is playing suffolk this year in outdoor? (ASH? SASHA? ARCHIE?)
- Are you playing firsts?
- Have you got msn?

In the 'school team' there is only Kish you are likely to know, the rest are from the b team last year.

No idea, I'm not involved.

With any luck, though there are 3 or 4 others who bat better than I do. Seconds this year I reckon.

Yes I do, I'll add you when I'm off of the PS3 and on a computer.

ok yea I know Kish, bowls meds? average batsmen?

sweet - is Sasha and cooky playing 1's this year?

good luck Maney is Kish up for england selection in indoor :)?

Is Matt Richardson playing Ipswicxh 1's this year

Last edited:
Played my first game every last night. Took a wicket with my first ball, and another wicket a couple of balls later.

Made a nice 17 with the bat as we smashed em by a lazy 120 runs. They made 61.

Played A Grade last night and lost 118-89, our last partnership was horrid which cost us the game, my skin put on 44 and i took 2-9 with a hell of alot of run outs :p

Yeah run outs are a big thing in indoor. Because you pretty much run every time you hit the ball. I was ran out once and bowled once.

Being bowled doesnt come with an excuse, you must stand on your off stump so you cant get bowled, if you attempt to play a shot you will have no troubles

Made 19 yesterday. But about 15 of those runs I didn't hit. :p

There were 3 wickets when I was bowling, 2 run outs and 1 stumping. I hate how the ball doesnt spin, and swings away off the pith.

We had to play a C grade team tonight... needless to say not one partnership of ours was under 70

Haven't played indoor since Primary school XD Those were the days...

Bump.

I don't know if anyone cares, but I've got my England U19 trial this weekend.

Now thats impressive! Can I just ask how you know freddiw?

I've just started playing for an indoor cricket team for the last couple of months (Wolverhampton Indoor Arena if anyone is interested) having never played before. Batting and bowling has been going great, my bowling (which is my weaker discipline outdoors) in particular has been a real plus I think I have mastered the yorker ball lol.

I have one question about fielding though. Outdoors my fielding is terrific, I am my teams best fielder easily. But indoors I seem to be a bit shaky, I've dropped a couple of dollys and my confidence has dropped a bit. Outdoors I took a total of 18 catches this season and dropped one, and there was a few beauts of a catch in there too. But indoors the ball just doesn't seem to stick for some reason and I am in desperate need of some guidance. I'm not quite sure what is wrong, does an indoor ball fly through the air quicker? Is it any bigger? Does it just not have the same stickablilty? Any help would be much appreciated.

Ball is a little softer Wolf, just let it come to you, as you probably already do.

Its not that much different from outdoor, possibly comes a little quicker due to the nature of the game, being enclosed and all.

Big thing is to relax, don't go snatching at the ball.

Where do you field btw?

Yeah snatching has been a bit of a problem I think for the close in ones, but I just feel the ball is always coming on to me quicker than usual, so then I have to move my hands to it quickly.

I field all over the place. :p It's not just the reaction catches that are the problem. It's just ones on the back net as well. Relaxing just makes me slow and lethagic, and I don't think you can ever relax in an indoor game!

I guess it is just taking the time to adjust and practising.

Users who are viewing this thread