Information on Cricket 2005

angryangy

ICC Chairman
By the looks and sounds of things they're basically just updating the game to the latest FIFA engine

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
angryangy said:
By the looks and sounds of things they're basically just updating the game to the latest FIFA engine

and from a graphical point of view that iant a bad thing to do

Nav-D

School Cricketer
Its amazing how a few screens from EA can make some people think this game is the best thing since sliced bread. Who gives a flying f**k what the graphics are like when the gameplay would keep a normal individual engaged for 5 minutes, which was the case for me when I played cricket 2004.

EA will release the game, hype it a lot, then will pay some people to join cricket forums and comment on how 'amazing' the game will be and how everyone should go out and 'buy' it. They will cash in and you won't hear from them again. People will then buy and play the game and will then start moaning how bad the game is. A couple of years later the same process will repeat itself. Seems like people never learn. :rolleyes:

I'm really liking the way codemasters have structured their PR campaign, regular updates on the features of the game, plenty of screens and they actually make the effort of listening to their customers, by the looks of it anyway.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Nav-D said:
Its amazing how a few screens from EA can make some people think this game is the best thing since sliced bread. Who gives a flying f**k what the graphics are like when the gameplay would keep a normal individual engaged for 5 minutes, which was the case for me when I played cricket 2004.

EA will release the game, hype it a lot, then will pay some people to join cricket forums and comment on how 'amazing' the game will be and how everyone should go out and 'buy' it. They will cash in and you won't hear from them again. People will then buy and play the game and will then start moaning how bad the game is. A couple of years later the same process will repeat itself. Seems like people never learn. :rolleyes:

I'm really liking the way codemasters have structured their PR campaign, regular updates on the features of the game, plenty of screens and they actually make the effort of listening to their customers, by the looks of it anyway.

You sir, have 'knocked the nail on the head' so to speak....

taxial

School Cricketer
stevie said:
You sir, have 'knocked the nail on the head' so to speak....

Not that this has anything to do with information on Cricket 2005. And if your going to wonder about $$$ involved on this site when it comes down to games....(EA pays people to post on here....c'mon) ///...I was sure I saw Brian Lara Cricket advert, not Cricket 2005. Too many "EA did this wrong.....EA did that wrong, I want to suck Brain Lara's Thumb" Brian Lara will be a good Cricket game, the problem I see is that they haven't worked on any in 6 years, it may not play anywhere close to how we want it too......but it will be refreshing. Cricket 2005, if they fix the bugs, and simple issuses that bug us, and add a bit more to something that we all really like when its done right, it may just be a great game. But you know what ... you can't really be objective and judge it until its out.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
angryangy said:

May be what we could finally get in Cricket 2005 is cricket 2004 with FIFA engine.

I have a doubt.BLIC says it has official lisences.I think crick05 has also got ICC lisences.
How can ICC give lisences to two companies.
I tought it's meant to be given to only one company

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
bharat said:
May be what we could finally get in Cricket 2005 is cricket 2004 with FIFA engine.

I have a doubt.BLIC says it has official lisences.I think crick05 has also got ICC lisences.
How can ICC give lisences to two companies.
I tought it's meant to be given to only one company
The ICC haven't given any license to EA. EA have got licenses from the cricket boards of Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa.

BARRY_HALL

School Cricketer
I think everybody should stop slurring the game, and stop praising the game. Nobody knows what the game is going to be like, and how people can compare it to BLIC when both games havent even been released is ridiculous. Obviously everybody is dissappointed at EA for their past efforts, but who ever made CodeMasters the king of cricket games?

bigbadsharky

School Cricketer
BARRY_HALL said:
I think everybody should stop slurring the game, and stop praising the game. Nobody knows what the game is going to be like, and how people can compare it to BLIC when both games havent even been released is ridiculous. Obviously everybody is dissappointed at EA for their past efforts, but who ever made CodeMasters the king of cricket games?
Ever heard of Brian Lara's Cricket i think in 99 or sumtink like that. It was a brilliant cricket game, so on reputation alone they are the king of cricket games. EA have rushed thier cricket games out without even testing them, if they did test their cricket games, they would of picked up on a few of the bugs.

Will p

International Cricketer
BARRY_HALL said:

That was exactly my point in the other topic. And also look at Fifa 2005,NHL, AFL Madden 2005, they are all brilliant games, why can't EA priduce another, but then again Cricket 2004 was horrible.

The Fact is we have no idea how the games are going to be, there is no point slagging the games off!

Anil Dharani

Club Cricketer
Hicksy551993 said:
well considering a DVD CD holds over 4 GB thats what youd expect

Thats Codemasters who are releasing the game on a DVD. Although Im not sure if EA are going to do the same? If that was the case, then why would they cut stadia and put other features in?

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The graphics probably take up too much space. :p About licensing it is not necessary for a company to restrict licenses to only one person. A license is basically a legal right to use something. That does not mean only one person can use it. Generally speaking, though, most companies in this sort of business do license it to only one part. In fact, it may even be part of the license agreement. Unless BLIC are touting that BLIC is the only official ICC-licensed product then no one else can use it. Else, anyone with a legal license can use it.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
BARRY_HALL said:
Everyone is slurring the game because the last efforts were very disappointing, whereas Brian Lara Cricket (or Shane Warne Cricket) was quite an enjoyable game. Also EA have a reputation for being over commercial (FIFA series I'm lookin' at you) whereas Codemasters' reputation suggests innovation, integrity and diversity (Worms, Colin Mcrae, Operation Flashpoint, hell, they're still releasing patches for Shane Warne Cricket). Even if it is unfair, you still can't stop people being cynical.

maric

School Cricketer
Online mode?

Is there online mode in ea cricket 2005?
if not then is not worth buyting it!
i will better go with BLIC ;)

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
Lets face it dudes that C2k5 has graphics better than BLIC's .
No two points about it .

Also your comment on EA paying ppl, so Nav-d is Codemasters paying you man tp defame C2K5 ???????
Just wondering .

Also dont think cricket can be a good game to play online not to sure about that.
But yes would be nice if we can have two players on a single PC.

Users who are viewing this thread