School Cricketer
how can i tell u im not inzii bhai frm there i was hupty dumpty of that forum

and can any one tell me that is ea coming in PS2 in JUly 12

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
inzii said:
guyz i have been codies member too but after seeing their cartoonist grphics im preferring this realistic grapphical game EA cricket 2005
Oh no. Not another one.

GRAPHICS ARE NOWHERE NEAR AS IMPORTANT AS GAMEPLAY

If you have played the previous EA cricket games surely you are not considering buying the new version based only on graphical state?

And on PS2 where no editing is possible?

If you are going to buy it (heaven forbid), buy it on PC. Then you can get patches.

taxial

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Your wasting way too much time trying to defend BLC, no matter how much Cricket 2005 looks better than BLC (which is alot) Nobody has any clue how either play. All you "BLC HAS THE BEST GAMEPLAY" have rocks in your head. It may play better that cricket 2005, it may not, nobody knows which one is better because nobody has been able to sit down with both games. Until then....keep your grudge to yourself, it is quite disheartening to those that still hope Cricket 2005 will play as good as it looks.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
But BLC has been feeding us information. So their gameplay must definitely be better. I feel like I have made a similar comment earlier. The people here may be justified in their analysis of EA, who have failed to make gameplay improvements in the past 4 years.

taxial

School Cricketer
And the gameplay in NBA 2002 was better than 2003 and 2004 but NBA 2005 was better, MLB 99 was better than 2001, 2002, and 2003, MLB 2005 is by far the best, NHL 2005 is by far the best... FIFA 2005, Fight Night ROund 2, Rugby 2005....all better than the previous ones... ( exception being Madden...which I found 2004 better than 2005 just becuase of the holes ). I think EA has done something right this year, they lost some money, their stocks dropped, and the games got better. Im confident that Cricket05 will be a worty improvement.

taxial said:
Cricket05 will be a worty improvement.

Opps... worthy...

Nav-D

School Cricketer
taxial said:
And the gameplay in NBA 2002 was better than 2003 and 2004 but NBA 2005 was better, MLB 99 was better than 2001, 2002, and 2003, MLB 2005 is by far the best, NHL 2005 is by far the best... FIFA 2005, Fight Night ROund 2, Rugby 2005....all better than the previous ones... ( exception being Madden...which I found 2004 better than 2005 just becuase of the holes ). I think EA has done something right this year, they lost some money, their stocks dropped, and the games got better. Im confident that Cricket05 will be a worty improvement.

Opps... worthy...

EA fanboy alert.

taxial

School Cricketer
Nav-D said:
EA fanboy alert.

Not at all, I just prefer the better sports game, and was using EA games as a reference to prove my point on improvement. I prefer ProEvo to Fifa anyday, and although its gone....the 2K series of american football by Sega was always much better, and the best hockey game of all time was by Midway (Hitz 2002) Nope, not an EA Fan boy, just like my sports and wanted to show that this year EA has been turning my head. .........

:D XBOX fan boy....yes. :D

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
NO ONE has played either Cricket 2005 or BLIC so why don't we wait until we have before making judgements.

And saying BLIC gameplay is better is just stupid as YOU HAVE NOT ****ING PLAYED IT. And to also say that EA bugs issues will either be the same or be resolved is a ****ING JOKE!!!

Wait until the games are out and played before making these stupid comments...

alians07

School Cricketer
EA SPORTS 2005

I was quite excited hear something new coming up but more or less it wont be much different...It would be just some more addons(what cricket fans like you makes over here.)

I hope the new cricket 2005 should have noticable differences.

1. WHAT EA GAMES SHOULD BE DOING GIVE UPDATES FOR FACES, TEAMS, AD BANNER, COMMENTARY...

2.BANNER! I see EA sports banner in game play which doesnt make a game realistics...

3.COmmentary ! we would like to hear some different commentary and not same old one that i could say along with...We would like to hear some sidhu commentary too...

4.Replay should be according to the shots played and just not randomly...

5. Crowds noise should be local to the country...banner should be flying according to the team...

6.player when making a call to other one should be local... also player get out so other opposite team players should have distinct voices too...basically players should be having voices too.

7.must man of match and man of series records as well gameplay records like (batting average, highest scores and so)

8.custom tv graphics as well as one that are shown locally ...i mean in cricket 2004 we use nine or espn or default one ,,, we need more option to select...

9.I believe AI will(must be)be customiseable as well...

and lot more to go

IF THESE IS NOT THERE THEN I GUESS OUR FRIENDS IN HERE WOULD DEFINATELY DO THE BEST>>>

Anil Dharani

Club Cricketer
1. WHAT EA GAMES SHOULD BE DOING GIVE UPDATES FOR FACES, TEAMS, AD BANNER, COMMENTARY...
Ans: Although I agree a patch should be released for the game if needed (definitely in most cases).But, for commentary, I dont think it would come out as it would take up quite a lot of space.

2.BANNER! I see EA sports banner in game play which doesnt make a game realistics...
Ans: I think you have to buy rights to put a banner of a brand. Don't think EA would buy any rights other then stadia, teams and tournies.

3.COmmentary ! we would like to hear some different commentary and not same old one that i could say along with...We would like to hear some sidhu commentary too...
Ans: They say they've tried to double the commentary this time arround so hope they're true to their word.

4.Replay should be according to the shots played and just not randomly...
Ans: Replay in C2004 appeared when u hit a boundary or a six or when u loose a wicket. I couldn't understand what you were trying to say here so can't say anything.

5. Crowds noise should be local to the country...banner should be flying according to the team...
Ans: I Strongly agree.

6.player when making a call to other one should be local... also player get out so other opposite team players should have distinct voices too...basically players should be having voices too.
Ans: Again, they should have right to record a player's sound. Although they can include sounds of a random person (i think). But dont think it would be in the game.

7.must man of match and man of series records as well gameplay records like (batting average, highest scores and so)
Ans: This feature is in FIFA series so it should be in this game as well. I think it will be in the game.

8.custom tv graphics as well as one that are shown locally ...i mean in cricket 2004 we use nine or espn or default one ,,, we need more option to select...
Ans: EASPN and NINE graphics were made by members here and not EA. You'll get the default one from EA.

9.I believe AI will(must be)be customiseable as well...
Ans: It should be.

Answered most of your question. May be Im wrong on some points. If Im, don't worry somebody will correct me out. :cheers ;) :)

fanirama

Club Captain
sohummisra said:
But BLC has been feeding us information. So their gameplay must definitely be better. I feel like I have made a similar comment earlier. The people here may be justified in their analysis of EA, who have failed to make gameplay improvements in the past 4 years.

This is a completely incorrect assumption on your part.
Just because you get some information doesn't mean the end result will be good.

I recall how in some polls people talked politics and said that because the US Govt. or our President said something about the war ( feeding information ) didn't make it good.

Like how microsoft gives us info on their upcoming products and its still not good.

EA has a history of making good and bad games. Just look at the NFL, NBA, FIFA or Golf games they make. They're awesome. Cricket 2004 was very enjoyable. So what if there's a few bugs. They didn't affect me. I still had fun. I added the mods and it enhanced the experience. On the same note, the original BLC was superb as well. Really enjoyed that too.

Now, both BLIC and EA Cricket 2005 haven't put out
1. a video trailer or gameplay footage
2. a demo of the product

So WE CANNOT positively conclude how the gameplay feels. Remember -- appearances can be deceptive.

So, try to present to balanced view of the products.

I feel a lot of negative publicity here on the forums is actually helping EA by making people resent this negativity towards EA and so people are actually supporting EA.
Also, I've seen here that people having opinions not in tune with BLIC seem to get lot of negative reps. ( which mean nothing btw )

Last edited:

n_9

School Cricketer
will cricket 2005 be released in the uk on xbox?

Users who are viewing this thread