Initial thoughts - appreciate some comments

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Morning All!

I've been playing C2005 now for a couple of weeks and definately favour it over Lara's mainly for the realism. Sure, there are some gripes and at times the AI is a bit weak, especially when you hit four after four inthe same place and the AI captain does nothing about it besides bowl you the next ball in the same slot!

I enjoy bowling but do tend to find I only get wickets when bouncing the batsmen out, love the reverse swing and yorker option on the special deliveries but do these ever make any difference and get a wicket? Would be great to build up the bowlers confidence bar then shatter somebodys stumps with a reverse swing yorker but all I get is a dead bat defensive shot in return, easy as you like

Also when bowling with spinners beat the bat now and again but that apart the batsmen is always happy to block, any hints on how to cause the batsmen more trouble with a leggie?

In terms of batting I'm getting better all the time, really struggle to play any back foot forcing shots, cover drive/cut etc so help on timing here would be appreciated. Also find it really hard to score off spinners, unless I'm slog sweeping which works well, is the advance option worth pursuing here? I never seem to time the advance button unless off pace with the down and left arrow and D when he plays it in the air, through gulley for pretty much four every time, spinners I really struggle.

One last question and apologies if this is a daft one but is there a specific forum or thread for all the downloads? I've located the SKY download pack but only by doing a search in the forums?

As always, feedback appreciated and thanks in advance

Cuzer

Cuzer said:
Morning All!

I've been playing C2005 now for a couple of weeks and definately favour it over Lara's mainly for the realism. Sure, there are some gripes and at times the AI is a bit weak, especially when you hit four after four inthe same place and the AI captain does nothing about it besides bowl you the next ball in the same slot!

I enjoy bowling but do tend to find I only get wickets when bouncing the batsmen out, love the reverse swing and yorker option on the special deliveries but do these ever make any difference and get a wicket? Would be great to build up the bowlers confidence bar then shatter somebodys stumps with a reverse swing yorker but all I get is a dead bat defensive shot in return, easy as you like

Also when bowling with spinners beat the bat now and again but that apart the batsmen is always happy to block, any hints on how to cause the batsmen more trouble with a leggie?

In terms of batting I'm getting better all the time, really struggle to play any back foot forcing shots, cover drive/cut etc so help on timing here would be appreciated. Also find it really hard to score off spinners, unless I'm slog sweeping which works well, is the advance option worth pursuing here? I never seem to time the advance button unless off pace with the down and left arrow and D when he plays it in the air, through gulley for pretty much four every time, spinners I really struggle.

One last question and apologies if this is a daft one but is there a specific forum or thread for all the downloads? I've located the SKY download pack but only by doing a search in the forums?

As always, feedback appreciated and thanks in advance

Cuzer
Nice review :happy I to believe that cricket 2005 is better then brian lara

As for the downloads..
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99

Users who are viewing this thread