Installing a new OS

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
There is a way that you CAN get all your documents etc. still there including games. This can be achieved if you have an NTFS partition. When you enter a vista disc you can use the upgrade option.

But i would recommend against it. Install both of them like Abhas said. Thats what i have done. And also, dont be scared by only the price tag - see your graphics card also. 90% odds are that your performance in games will heavily dropped with vista.....

Abhas

Retired Administrator
bro, do you have the audio drivers for your computer??
i have a compaq presario V3070 laptop, and i am unable to find ANY audio drivers that can be installed.
As a result, even though i can hear audio, i am unable to control it... even if i mute it, nothing happens. Also, my audio input fails to work...

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Make sure you have compatible hardware before going to Vista. and you need to make a partition on your HDD for having 2 OS. I suggest for now keep using Xp it is the best windows after 98.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
thanks kshitiz, though i'm sure i've tried these, but nevertheless i'll try them again. Still i feel, the driver issue is realy bugging...

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
thanks kshitiz, though i'm sure i've tried these, but nevertheless i'll try them again. Still i feel, the driver issue is realy bugging...
do a clean install of them and make sure your audio card is realteck HD not realteck only.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
do a clean install of them and make sure your audio card is realteck HD not realteck only.

its conexant HD.. and i've tried by uninstalling the driver, and then installing it clean... still no success.

i've spoken to the compaq care center, and they say the driver on the site should work...

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Tell you what - go to www.driverguide.com and download a trial of the driver guide toolkit. Register on the site when required ( if ). Then use that to identify the chip correctly and it should take you to the driverguide page where it will show the drivers for the chip :)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Great its working now... just installed it(upgrade), uninstalled it, again installed it, again uninstalled, last try, and, voila, it started working... lol... had fun doing that :p

Users who are viewing this thread