Interesting fact

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I saw on Codemasters forums, that BLIC (the next one) will be released in 2007 to corresbond(sp?) with the world cup.

thats not suprising at all. i would say ea will probably come out with ea world cup 2007. like they did in 99

I doubt that EA SPORTS ICC Cricket World Cup: West Indies 2007 will be released. I think Codemasters Brian Lara Cricket 2007 with full licences for the tournament is likely.

If BLIC are able to get the rights for the 2007 world cup then hopefully they can implement the correct names and faces into the whole game by calling the game Brian Lara World Cup 2007.

manee said:
If BLIC are able to get the rights for the 2007 world cup then hopefully they can implement the correct names and faces into the whole game by calling the game Brian Lara World Cup 2007.
Apart from calling the game Brian Lara World Cup 2007, i agree

BLIC had the licences for the 2003 World Cup, but EA SPORTS have the licence for names and faces. :(

FreddieFan said:
What will they do if Lara has retired by then?

Would probably still use it if Lara allows. Look at the Colin McRae Rally series. Even though he's not been driving for the last few seasons (WRC anyway), they've still used his name on the games, although he made he a one off come back at Wales Rally GB this year.

FreddieFan said:
What will they do if Lara has retired by then?

They would probably go on to the next sensation.... I would say maybe Rahul Dravid; freddie Flintoff are good competitors.

Yeh Freddie Flintoff cricket is likely.

How comes Pro Evo have the right faces and some names even though they dont have the rights?

It ain't all about Brian Lara, Ricky Ponting its called in Oz, (don't know why he captain but!!)

I just hope they make a improved version of BLC 2005 in 2007, like improving the bowling speed, giving option to autoplay esp in test matches and advance shot.

Users who are viewing this thread