Story International Cricket League [C2005/BLIC2005]

duffarama said:
LOL freshlime. Good one.
I am going to read through all of this now. Nice to see a premium quality story bearing fruits, or limes in this case.
Yup, get out your Corona. ;)
Short Leg said:
Are you playing as a team or all of them and autoplaying until the good bits? Good start to the story by the way.
I am playing for New Zealand in this game, and I will probably be batting at all times and bowling a bit here and there. For the rest of the series and this story, I'll probably be playing a few sessions here and there where the game is interesting... except of course the big clashes like Australia-England and India-Pakistan which will enjoy better coverage. First Division games will probably not see that advantage.
surendar said:
Thats strange decision by Fleming!!!
Bw, the presentation is wonderful!!!
kuttakumar said:
Nice presentation.
Thanks.

Wickets Tumble!

T01-01-prelunch.gif

Wickets Tumble!
New Zealand were off to a horrendous start as the Aussie duo of Glenn McGrath and Nathan Bracken wreaked havoc on the New Zealand top and middle order. They struck not once, not twice, but 5 times to leave the New Zealand first innings in tatters. A strong rebuilding effort will now be required.

New Zealand, 1st Innings
11/1 Cumming 3 (bowled by an incoming delivery from McGrath)
12/2 Fleming 0 (edged Bracken to Gilchrist, delivery left him)
12/3 Astle 0 (ball from Bracken swung in to hit in front of pads)
12/4 Marshall 0 (no answer to toe-cruncher from Bracken)
14/5 Sinclair 4 (played down the wrong line as the ball swung in from McGrath)

Last edited:
NZ in deep trouble!!! infact that kind of start is a expected one from McGrath!!!

Can you tell us the score after every update please thanx

Great story

he has the score there mate........ good presentation too but ne little thing - mcgrath a left armer :O??

tobes said:
he has the score there mate........ good presentation too but ne little thing - mcgrath a left armer :O??
Nice pick. Probably a mistake in picking the right screenshot. Just consider it commentator's ineptness. ;)

Did I read that right? 5/14 is a GREAT start by the Australians.

New Zealand rebuild

freshlimelunch.jpg

Freshlime - The Lemon's Lunchtime
Welcome to the Lunchtime edition of Freshlime here at Perth, in the first test match of New Zealand's ICL tour of Australia. This match is wonderfully poised. It was early havoc for New Zealand as their top order was ushered back to the pavilion, but some efforts of rebuilding have been made by the lower order. Let us meet our guests today, Dean Jones and Mark Richardson.

THE LEMON Exciting first session, wasn't it?
DEANO Indeed it was. Great stuff from Australia's opening bowlers as they were gifted away the conditions, and then good rebuilding effort from Brendan McCullum and Jacob Oram.
THE LEMON Everyone's been going crazy about Fleming's decision to bat first. Looks to have been the wrong decision after all... what do you think , Mark?
MARK Yes, Fleming may have tried a trick that was too hard. Innovative captaincy, but I believe normality was the need of the hour. I'm sure with half the side dismissed for under 20 runs, Stephen must have been utterly disappointed.
THE LEMON But due credit must be given to the Australian bowlers, isn't it?
MARK Definitely, they stuck to their line and length. But they are world-class bowlers and they will excel if given the opportunity.
DEANO Yup, the pitch was definitely assisting them, but you still need to put the ball in the right place. It was never going to be a problem for McGrath, but I believe Bracken's two wickets in two balls really turned the tide for us.
THE LEMON Yup, let's just have a look at the scorecard at this time. As you can see, three ducks in the New Zealand top order. That's really not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

scorecard.gif

DEANO Yeah. McGrath returning with figures of 2/22 and Bracken with a sublime spell of 3/14. What is worrying for New Zealand is that Brett Lee and Shaun Tait haven't even had extended spells. And Shane Warne has bowled just one over!
MARK Definitely. The work is just going to get tougher by the hour. So many people have always said that the first session of a test match goes a long way in deciding the verdict. We may have seen something along those lines in this first session.
THE LEMON Well, let's get away from the negatives from New Zealand... Good attacking batting from Brendan McCullum, wasn't it? He came in at 14/5 and he played his shots immediately.
MARK Yeah, we saw the Kiwi top order crumble because they were too stiff in their defense. A few loose strokes here and there, but Fleming's was the only loose stroke that cost us a wicket. McCullum came in to a very attacking field and chipped the bowlers for boundaries with ease.
DEANO And it was also great to see McCullum play in his natural style--unlike Jacob Oram who is not looking for runs.
THE LEMON Cannot criticize Oram too much, though, as he is playing a support role to McCullum's rescue innings.
MARK Indeed. Oram is out there just doing his job. I'm sure if New Zealand manage to get to a better position, he will be willing to bring out the long handle.
THE LEMON Any final thoughts, gentlemen?
DEANO Australia still very strongly in the driver's seat, for me. I see them polishing up the New Zealand innings sometime after Tea if these two provide more resistance, but if one of these guys are to fall early, maybe even an hour or two into this session. The Kiwis just need to look to bat out time and accumulate runs.
MARK I agree with Deano. New Zealand need to stay in there as long as possible and the runs will come. This pitch will begin to ease up when the ball loses it's seam, and we must be there to take toll of that.
THE LEMON Well, that's all from here, folks. We leave you with some highlights from the session, after those 5 wickets, of course, and hope you enjoy the action on the other side of this advertising break.

T01-01-lunch.gif

Gud improvement by Kiwis!!! If they would have more alert in first hour, then it wud have been more better!!! But gud fight back!!! Fleming shd be thinking of his strange decision now!!!!

New Zealand in deep trouble! They need some solid partnerships to bat themselves out of trouble.

Great presentation, mate! :clap

Magnificent presentation! I hope NZ can recover like they did against South Africa a few months ago.

McCullum50.gif

McCullum Scores a 50
Brendan McCullum scored an upbeat, unbeaten half-century to continue the rebuilding process for New Zealand. Oram and McCullum have now taken the score up to 105/5 and this partnership has added 91 runs and is still going strong. The Australians are one wicket away from getting into New Zealand's tail.

McCullum's 50 came off 94 balls and featured 9 boundaries. He took the attack to the bowlers, initially, and then played some sensible cricket to graft his way to a 50. If he can stick in for a bit longer, New Zealand may be able to get to a decent total.

Users who are viewing this thread