Story International Cricket Championship

Well England needed to make 300 on this pitch. I think they will make 250-270 and India will be happy chasing that total

End of Innings Update

England bowled out
England 262 all out (47.5 Overs)
Marcus Trescothick 63(63)
Geraint Jones 59(57)

Murali Kartik 3-43
Ajit Agarkar 3-51
Yuvraj Singh 2-14

Entering into the final ten overs of the Innings, England had already lost six wickets, and that momentum that they have built up earlier in the innings. The Indian spinners and Ajit Agarkar were on top and were making it difficult for the England batsmen to score runs. As the pressure started building up, the batsmen started making mistakes, and after that fantastic opening stand between Trescothick and Jones, England were bowled out for 262, not even lasting the entire 50 overs.

Ajit Agarkar came back really well in his second spell to pick up three wickets, but the star for India was Murali Kartik who pegged back England early on and then put them on the backfoot. Harbhajan Singh also did a fine job, despite being wicketless. Yuvraj Singh had a merry good time with the bowl, bagging two wickets in his two overs.

pic24b6xl.jpg

pic251ja.jpg

pic266af.jpg

pic275uf.jpg

m_vaughan said:
I will be posting the final 10 overs of the innings shortly. What are your predictions for England's score?

I think england will get bowled out for 262 (rough guess) - do we get a prize for the correct answer (assuming im correct of course) ;)

MWaugh said:
I think england will get bowled out for 262 (rough guess) - do we get a prize for the correct answer (assuming im correct of course) ;)
Yup sure do.

The First Prize goes to MWaugh

Applause!!

We need to agree that it has been a brilliant comeback by the home team. Good to see Yuvraj picking a couple as well.

m_vaughan said:
Yup sure do.

The First Prize goes to MWaugh

Applause!!

*Golf clap* - Great story however sid. Lovely presentaion as per usual

Great fight by India to restrict England. This should be an interesting chase. Can go either way.

Sad to say I believe India will win. Should've made 300 but if Harmy gets going you never know

Great story so far, think England may just scrape this one. Just wondering when you are going to carry on with it as i love reading m_vaughan's stories. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread