Story International Cricket Championship

Yep, you obviously approved of the Jones/Trescothick opening combination a while back. Great presentation so far ;)

But if we are going in with five bowlers and dropping a fulltime batsman, I'd think Kumble would be preffered as a fifth bowler. Over RP/Kartik anyways, especially in such a tough and crucial match.
Oh well, go India!

10 Over Update

England off to a flier

England 64-0 (10 Overs)
Marcus Trescothick 34*(30)
Geraint Jones 24*(30)

The England openers Marcus Trescothick and Geraint Jones have started off brilliantly, racing to 64-0 in the first ten overs. Trescothick especially has played some fine shots both sides of the wicket, and has really punished the two Indian opening bowlers in Irfan Pathan and R.P. Singh. Jones was lucky early on, when he nearly played on a delivery from Pathan onto his stumps. Right now though he seems to be in fine touch.

52011.icon.gif

The Indian captain Rahul Dravid needs to figure out a way to break this opening partnership. His opening bowlers have failed to get a breakthrough.

pic52jf.jpg

pic68sb.jpg

An excellent opening partnership

Stats:
pic79hm.jpg

pic92zm.jpg

pic108bd.jpg

well played england

Excellent start by England. The pitch is dead as a dodo. India should have played an extra batsman here.

10 Over Update

One wicket down, but England still on top

England 143-1 (20 Overs)
Marcus Trescothick 59*(56)
Geraint Jones 59(57)

R.P. Singh 1-56(9.0)

England have built on their good start and have now raced their way to 143-1 after just 20 overs, with a run rate of 7.15 rpo. They did lose opener Geraint Jones, just a while back. Jones played brilliantly however scoring 59 runs in just 57 balls, and hence helping England get off to this fantastic start. Trescothick has been in top form here, and is unbeaten on 59 from 56. Micheal Vaughan, the England captain has just come in and already hit two fours.

The flat nature of the wicket is pretty evident with no substancial swing or seam visible in these first twenty overs. They were very close to having the England captain run out, but luck doesnt seem to be with the home side today. India however have to find a way to halt this England charge, and one would think its now time the two spinners be called into action.

pic11fh.jpg

Jones and Trescothick puts England on top

pic24qt.jpg

7 Fours and Six in that innings, and Jones also smashed 20 of those runs in one Pathan over.

pic35fu1.jpg

A wicket at last for India, a big one!

pic43lp.jpg

Trescothick's 50

pic58co.jpg

Vaughan escapes this time

pic61lq.jpg

Vaughan and Trescothick will try and improve on this awesome start

Indian fielders are on a leather hunt here! Pathan is completely out of sorts here.

Sid, I could tempt you with the prospects of bringing the super sub with the mch editor - if that is possible.

Machanperu Bala said:
Indian fielders are on a leather hunt here! Pathan is completely out of sorts here.

Sid, I could tempt you with the prospects of bringing the super sub with the mch editor - if that is possible.
The thing is once you edit lineups, by default the editor sets the scores back to 0/0.

m_vaughan said:
The thing is once you edit lineups, by default the editor sets the scores back to 0/0.
Ah! Crap. Hope this could be rectified in the final version by Prakash.

excellent start to this story which i have a feeling will become the most professional and popular here. i see youve taken real life pics and put them behind computer pictures. could you have perhaps borrowed that from myself sid :p. either way i like it. lifting the standard again mate. well done

MWaugh
(Story Moderator)

Users who are viewing this thread