Internet Explorer 8 RC1 is finally the fastest browser

How will you rate your experience on using the IE 8 RC1.

• Great! Fastest web browser.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Firefox for me. Firefox just seems more hassle free and I find it to be more organized.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I dont use Firefox regularly... For me, IE is like my life. I cant be without it. Everytime I see people raving Firefox so much, I force myself to use Firefox but after 4-5 days (max of 7), I return back to the same old "IE".

IE ROCKS FOR ME!!!! ANd happy if the new version with greater speed comes out
Not sure what sends you running back to IE, firefox can look just like IE, here's what mine currently looks like

firefox.jpg

With the added bonus of all the plug-in's I'm not sure why you'd go running back to IE. Also do you like the chocolaty snack, Penguins?

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
Firefox is for crowd followers who can only justify using it for its addons. As people have said, its slow to startup, and thats enough to put me off. When I want to see dodgy sites, I want to see them NOW.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Firefox is slower to start than IE because many IE components are loaded with windows. It isn't firefox's fault. I am sure that I have seen some hack which loads firefox components with windows.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I just closed firefox and timed it loading the 5 pages I had opened. 5 seconds. Get over it.

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
I just closed firefox and timed it loading the 5 pages I had opened. 5 seconds. Get over it.

You closed it and opened it and it still took 5 seconds? Is that 5 seconds including the time for the pages to be rendered, or is it just the Firefox load time? If the latter, then 5 seconds is a dire result for a program that should have loaded from your computers cache memory!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Not even having to wait a second when closing and re-opening firefox here. I'm not restarting right now to test the startup time, mainly because I don't care. But I expect it's less than 5 seconds. But who really cares, penguins?

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
Not even having to wait a second when closing and re-opening firefox here. I'm not restarting right now to test the startup time, mainly because I don't care. But I expect it's less than 5 seconds. But who really cares, penguins?

424px-Angry_Penguin.svg.png

Users who are viewing this thread