Internet Service Provider

Which Internet Service Provider should my family get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I live in England so there are a lot of choices for both Dial-Up and Broadband!

I've used Broadband for about three years now so I can't really see myself going back to slow, limited Dial-Up.

BT Broadband seem to be the best choice, but Tiscali seems to be the cheapest.

Well AOL sucks . Don't ever use it. Once they have made me trapped and charged me $100 in which I had a free trial version they simply charged me $100.

I know but I'm only looking, still looking at all the options and taking time.

I'm definetely getting Broadband, I've had it for three years and I'm not going back to slow, limited Dial-Up. I just want a move away from NTL Home, and get a new provider. It needs to be faster, but cheaper.

Any way, I got a letter from NTL the other day and it said that from June their Broadband would be quicker, after a lot of work has been put into it. Now I'm thinking should I wait until July to see how the new and improved service is like? It's confusing...

Well, if migrating to a new plan has no overhead in terms of time then you might as well check out NTL Broadband's 'new and improved service'. That way, at least you do not miss out a chance at something you have tested and is (perhaps) reliable.

keep NTL, i feel it is great, i have had it for 2 years and they even upgraded us to 600kbps after we have been "long" customers, AOL sucks! BT/Yahoo is annoying! so NTL is ideal, trust me the TV service is crap but NTL is cool!

nik said:
keep NTL, i feel it is great, i have had it for 2 years and they even upgraded us to 600kbps after we have been "long" customers, AOL sucks! BT/Yahoo is annoying! so NTL is ideal, trust me the TV service is crap but NTL is cool!
What do you find annoying about BT/Yahoo?

no offence to ppl who have it but, if you don't have BT line, you have to connect to BT which takes forever, the prices aren't exactly "cheap" etc. etc.

nik said:
no offence to ppl who have it but, if you don't have BT line, you have to connect to BT which takes forever, the prices aren't exactly "cheap" etc. etc.
He has a point.

The fastest and most realiable is Telewest Broadband. Was with them for four years in Bristol, free installation modem etc, i was never disconnected in 4 years. I can only think of one time when it didnt work and that was for about 8 hours during maintanence. Plus they doubled my broadband speed to 123kb/s for nothing. Unfortunatly we cant get telewest in norwich, my girlfriend has aol broadband so i have to use that. Aol have recently increased their broadband speed but its still abit unrealiable.

*Sorry for the Bump*

AOL has gone abit better, I use to have AOL dail-up now AOL Silver which OK, It's fast too. I had BT ages ago, and it really su*ked, Reason to back my point because it wont let me download anything it was damn too slow, slower then AOL dail-up.

Users who are viewing this thread