Interview with the Developers of Cricket Life 2007(Questions thread)

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
PlanetCricket will soon be having an interview with one of the developers of Cricket Life 2007 to know more about the game,its new concept and a lot more.Please post your questions that you would like to ask the game developers in this thread.

We have been strictly notified that as the interview will be with one of the developers,only related questions should be asked.Questions such as release date and availability of the game cannot be answered by the developers and thus cannot be sent.Such information shall be revealed at PlanetCricket in the near future.

Sid.

Questions Set said:
Viral1991 asks:

Assuming that you are creating a management game, How do you think it can compete with other management games like ICC & Cricket Coach?

Have you sought help from some Cricket experts? If yes, who?

Will the game be 3D?

Will we be able to edit the graphics (stumps, bats, models, pitches, outdields, etc.), add commentary, or change the effect of morale, etc.?

Will the names of players, organizations & teams be editable?

It has been revealed that we will be able to lead a player to the international stage! So, will we able to play as them, ie., bat or bowl?

Venom2011 asks:

Will all countries' state teams be included? or just County teams?

Aus5892 asks:

Will there be a game engine (ie watch the game or play it) or will it just be a sim?

Will there be the Kolpak ruling, if you can't get a game anywhere will you be allowed to become a kolpak player?

Lattimorx asks:

Will this game have any licences? How have the licences owned by EA and Codemasters affected the creation of this game?

From what I gather this is (one cricketer) management/cricket simulation game. Can this be confirmed?

If there is actually the ability to play a match in the game, what gameplay features have been included to compete with companies that have more experiencing in creating cricket games?

Manee asks:

What will the 3D aspect of the game be, and if it is the matches which are shown in 3D how good are the graphics going to be...

ICC standard?
EA Cricket 2005?
BLIC 2005?
or BLIC 2007 standard?

Madhav asks:

Will there be any Official Roster Updates?

Will there be 3D Crowd?

Will There be any Warmups/Exercises before a match?

sid_19840 asks:

Q>What was the process of developing the game like? Did it pose any challenges?

Q>What are your personal expectations of the game?

Q>What is the major factor in your opinion which would make this game unique and thus popular?

mettalics2006 asks:

Will there be a create-a-player option?

If yes,can u play the career mode with that player?

Is there any option to answer questions asked in the presentation ceremony?

Are all the domestic teams available for India?

Can u play the career mode with original players?

Last edited:

viral1991

International Cricketer
Assuming that you are creating a management game, How do you think it can compete with other management games like ICC & Cricket Coach?

Will it have complete team databases?

Have you sought help from some Cricket experts? If yes, who?

Will the game be 3D?

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Will there be a game engine (ie watch the game or play it) or will it just be a sim?
Will there be the Kolpak ruling, if you can't get a game anywhere will you be allowed to become a kolpak player?

Lattimorx

School Cricketer
Will this game have any licences? How have the licences owned by EA and Codemasters affected the creation of this game?

From what I gather this is (one cricketer) management/cricket simulation game. Can this be confirmed?

If there is actually the ability to play a match in the game, what gameplay features have been included to compete with companies that have more experiencing in creating cricket games?

viral1991

International Cricketer
Will we be able to edit the graphics (stumps, bats, models, pitches, outdields, etc.), add commentary, or change the effect of morale, etc.?

Will the names of players, organizations & teams be editable?

It has been revealed that we will be able to lead a player to the international stage! So, will we able to play as them, ie., bat or bowl?

sid_19840

International Coach
Thanks for the questions so far everyone,keep them coming.Incase anyone wants any of their previous questions edited or removed after seeing the features list being released everyday,then please let me know.Thanks.

viral1991

International Cricketer
Well, please remove my 2nd question & I think Venom's & Lattimorx's first question have been answered! :)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
What will the 3D aspect of the game be, and if it is the matches which are shown in 3D how good are the graphics going to be...

ICC standard?
EA Cricket 2005?
BLIC 2005?
or BLIC 2007 standard?

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
How can you expect the graphics to be so good, like EA or BLC? It's a management game - graphics will probably be like ICC I assume, give or take a bit...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I don't think it is a management game, it's more a life simulation. I believe the players will be represented graphically too- there's a licensing law that means you don't need a license if you don't represent players graphically in a game. Gamebience obviously can't afford these licenses as there will be fake names in Cricket Life 2007.

sid_19840

International Coach
Id prefer if the discussion of the game takes place in the discussion thread and this one's kept only for questions for the developers.Thanks.

sid_19840

International Coach
The last date for the entry of questions for the interview is the 15 September.Please get in your questions to the development team within then.Thank You.

madhav

School Cricketer
As you Know The Next EA Cricket Game and this Game are going to release nearabout the same time. Do you think this game can compete with the EA's Cricket 07?

Will there be any Official Roster Updates?

Will there be 3D Crowd?

Will There be any Warmups/Exercises before a match?

sid_19840

International Coach
I'll put in my questions before its too late.

Q>What was the process of developing the game like? Did it pose any challenges?

Q>What are your personal expectations of the game?

Q>What is the major factor in your opinion which would make this game unique and thus popular?

Users who are viewing this thread