iPhone 4G or iPhone HD

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well rumor market is buzz with iPhone 4G and if news are true then it is supposed to be supporting massive 80 GB and cost so dear that your pant will fall off with its weight.

A[[arently it was pictured 1 day before iPad launch with a leaked photo of iPad. :p

Here is the photo:

iphone4g500x_iphone4_01.jpg

And video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
It looks good but no iPhone would have that many hardware keys, or even a replaceable battery. Even their notebook line doesn't offer it, why would they suddenly jump ship for the iPhone?

I'm betting it is either a prototype or some chinese knockoff.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The truth would have been in the software, which unfortunately has now stopped working. People are suggesting that this may have been remotely wiped by Apple. By looking at the software, I think one could safely conclude whether it was Apple or not.

The hardware keys as well as the non-unibody design suggests that it is not Apple. Then again, no Chinese knock-off would include the proprietary Apple USB port. The rest of the world is aware of the benefits of standardization, and all iPhone clones that I have seen have a standardized mini-USB port. This appears to have the proprietary one, at least from the photos.

P

pcfan123

An apple employee left it in a bar? Sounds more like a marketing ploy

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Someone brought up a good point at work today, which is that it was likely the iPhone hardware inside, but not the actual casing. Apparently prior to the first iPhone launch, only about 5 people in the entire company had seen the entire unit assembled. It seems like a bit of overkill, but it makes sense in a situation like this, where a phone may escape Apple HQ.

My gut is that the internal hardware is the iPhone, as is the OS, but the casing is something only used during dev/prototype.

Users who are viewing this thread