IPL IPL 2017 - Live Auction Discussion

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I'm so glad Gujarat didn't get Dwivedi though he is talented. Last time we had most players from UP thanks to Raina. Dont want that this season.

Shahzad goes unsold! :eek:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Please someone explain to me why Shahzad wasn't picked.

Fenil

That spell of 4/26 against Bangladesh made Aniket Choudhary a crorepati.[DOUBLEPOST=1487571178][/DOUBLEPOST]
He must have Pakistani background. :rolleyes

On a serious note, I think teams have their keepers and openers set and thats the only reason I see for the likes of Guptill and Shahzad going unsold.

A bit surprised GL or SRH did not went for Abu Nechim.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And also there was a lot of hype around Prithwi Shaw. Surprisingly he went unsold.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Indian version of Mitchell Starc but i saw him bowling looks unfit and pace is less too in the zonal t20 tournament.
Even the Indian team is practicing with him in the nets ahead of the Australian series to get used to Starc.

But is he worth 2 crore ? I feel RCB is buying unnecessarily. Negi, Mills ( costly, but not unnecessary), and now this guy.

The thing is all the teams have explosive batsmen. So, they are searching for bowlers-fast bowlers in particular and all rounders.

B

Bigby Wolf

Even if he was picked i don't think he would played a single match considering the 4 overseas players quota.
Another reason he is a wicketkeeper and i don't think any other requires another one.
The only other Afghan player i am guessing to be picked up is the young leg spinner.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
On a serious note, I think teams have their keepers and openers set and thats the only reason I see for the likes of Guptill and Shahzad going unsold.
That was more out of desperation, as I absolutely love him. I kind of expected him to go unsold.

Fenil

Indian version of Mitchell Starc but i saw him bowling looks unfit and pace is less too in the zonal t20 tournament.
Even the Indian team is practicing with him in the nets ahead of the Australian series to get used to Starc.
Why is he called Indian Starc? Does he have a similar action to Starc? I haven't watched him bowl.

B

Bigby Wolf

Why is he called Indian Starc? Does he have a similar action to Starc? I haven't watched him bowl.
For me he is nothing like Starc he even got bashed in the death overs in the t20 tournament but don't whats the hype around him.

Fenil

Whoa! this Natrajan must be bowling thunderbolts to attract a 3cr bid. I don't know what Ishant would be thinking right now.

B

Bigby Wolf

Whoa! this Natrajan must be bowling thunderbolts to attract a 3cr bid. I don't know what Ishant would be thinking right now.
He is called Mustafizur in TN Circles.
Seriously i hate all these linkups to our domestic bowlers instantly compared to international bowlers.Remember KC Cariappa being compared to Narine in 2014.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Why Tymal Mills is bought for 12 crores!? Trent Boult and Rabada both sold for 5 crores each. Surprising to see how teams were keen to get Mills.

Users who are viewing this thread