IPL IPL 2017 - Live Auction Discussion

Okay, now I see that Wiese was discarded by RCB and this makes me agree with you. Irfan and Watto would be a good combination with one of the good overseas fast bowlers they have got.
Yup. RCB can buy one player. They have I think around 2.3 crores. They should go for Irfan. But, so far all fast bowlers for RCB are lefty. Mills, Aravind, the new guy.

I knew no one would pick Glenn Phillips but there's a lot of buzz around him in NZ. I'll certainly follow him in international matches should he get chances to play for them.

GL is now wasting money picking more fast bowlers. They already have Nathu Singh and Baroka. Gony wouldn't be as good as he was when he played for CSK.

4 unsold players who have surprised me the most are Roy, Dunk, Jordan and Hales. All of them are game changers and their base price is quite cheap considering their quality, despite the fact 3 of them might likely leave mid-way.

4 unsold players who have surprised me the most are Roy, Dunk, Jordan and Hales. All of them are game changers and their base price is quite cheap considering their quality, despite the fact 3 of them might likely leave mid-way.
Opening combinations are almost settled for almost every team .
GL - Finch,Smith,Mccullum.
Srh - Warner and Dhawan.
DD - Have plenty of Options (De Kock,Iyer,Pant...)
KKR - Gambhir,Uthappa.
KXIP - Amla,Vijay,Marsh and Vohra.
MI - Parthiv Patel,Simmons and even in my opinion they should have gone for Roy.
RCB - Gayle,Kohli,Rahul and Watson.
RPS - Rahane,Khwaja and Mayank Agarwal even faf can open.
It will interesting to see whether the teams will go for the likes of Roy,Hales or Dunk.

Opening combinations are almost settled for almost every team .
GL - Finch,Smith,Mccullum.
Srh - Warner and Dhawan.
DD - Have plenty of Options (De Kock,Iyer,Pant...)
KKR - Gambhir,Uthappa.
KXIP - Amla,Vijay,Marsh and Vohra.
MI - Parthiv Patel,Simmons and even in my opinion they should have gone for Roy.
RCB - Gayle,Kohli,Rahul and Watson.
RPS - Rahane,Khwaja and Mayank Agarwal even faf can open.
It will interesting to see whether the teams will go for the likes of Roy,Hales or Dunk.

RPS and MI have weak openers. RPS in particular doesn't have many high quality foreign batsmen. Not a particularly good strategy.

That ftard Gambhir is saying that 12 - 14 is a massive price gap for a player then why the hell they were bidding for Mills upto 11.5cr?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guptill sold to Punjab[DOUBLEPOST=1487579748][/DOUBLEPOST]Jason Roy to Gujarat

Tahir is unsold. Well done, India. Way to go :clap

Irfan still unsold :(
This is not good. I want him to play for Gujarat. He's a perfect replacement of Faulkner. Perhaps GL think they have enough of military medium pacers. If thats the case they should have gone for Kyle Abbott.

Users who are viewing this thread