Indian Premier League - General Discussion

And did you see this from the same handle?

And did you see this from the same handle?

I could see KL Rahul leaving LSG though

What does everyone think about the mega auction debate?

I do think it's a good way of trying to maintain a balanced league but I every three seems years is too often. Although, three years is a long in cricket.

I do think it's a good way of trying to maintain a balanced league but I every three seems years is too often. Although, three years is a long in cricket.

Once in 5 years is the ideal balance (that is what most franchises are asking for) and keep the retentions to 5 players + 1 RTM.

Don't know who the heck in the CSK management is proposing this, but this is absolute STUPIDITY!! Why would you want to disrespect MSD by retaining him as an 'uncapped player' just to pay him a smaller amount? Trust me, MS Dhoni is still worth the 3rd or 4th retention just for the value he brings to the team with his presence. You can easily pay him 6cr or 8cr if the retentions are 4 (16cr -> 12cr -> 8cr -> 6cr). It's good to hear that almost all other franchises are opposing this change.

MS Dhoni is getting retained and is very likely playing, but don't disrespect him like this by making him an 'uncapped player'.

Have two ideas personally.

They ought to mandate a rule where every player under a certain age gets a payrise of a fixed percentage on their current contract every season. Maybe tie it in with this only applying to players who make a certain number of appearances. This way you don’t have someone being paid peanuts in their third season as a regular or even a star.

The other one would be to limit retentions to only one per team at a minimum of fifteen crores for said retainee. A bit extreme but I’d make that more palatable with 6-8 RTMs. This allows teams to not lock players in their side with under the table payments while their official contracts are nowhere near market value. If any team wants a player that they believe is worth the brand identity and loyalty… they can easily match whoever makes the highest bid.

I’d also scrap the trading window or whatever the heck it is now and make it easier for players to walk away from their franchise and turn up at the auction instead.

I would like to see the players being empowered with a RTD card (Right to Decline). For example, take Mitch Santner- has rarely gotten chances in CSK and has been warming the benches for the last few seasons. Allowing players 3 RTD card effectively means they can select 3 franchisees they dont want to play for. This will bring about an element of surprise during the auctions as well.

Imagine, if CSK go hard for Santner and get to know at the very end that he has declined them. This throws the auction wide open. The board/IPL would probably want to implement this now- seeing as someone like Rohit Sharma has been quite wronged by MI last year. Let's see what happens.

For the first time in the recent past, the IPL's business enterprise value dropped to US$9.9 billion from US$11.2 billion last year

May be reduce the amount of matches, provide better cricketing experience to fans stop with all this shuffles and improve broadcast experience.

Users who are viewing this thread