IPL IPL Discussion

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
There isn't a thread where we can discuss IPL matches as we have for International tournaments, so lets discuss it here.

To start well MI has completely dominated CSK today. 103/8 and Malinga has 10 balls to bowl and more importantly, he will be bowling at tail-enders. The match looks pretty much in the pocket for MI at this stage.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Can't we do the match discussions in their respective threads? Then why do we have seperate threads for each game?

Fenil

I guess vbookie thread are for discussion as well :facepalm

Well, one discussion thread for all the matches won't be a bad idea. We do the same in International tournaments. Hardly anyone does discussion in the game's vbookie thread.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ON topic, I not a big fan of IPL, and have to say the first game so far, had no real omph in it. Really boring, regurlar cricket. More importantly for the BCCI, there were a lot of empty seats. Not good when the top teams are playing against each other. The track looked grassy but I guess that is to preserve the track for the whole tournament. I not really looking forward to the IPL.

On to the match, leaving out Raina, no one was any good. Jadeja was sold for $2 million and he was a flop. Why was he so far down the order when you pay so much for him. They have so many good batsmen they don't know where to place them in a line up. Bravo at 4, seriously, he should be a finisher and Jadeja or Badrinath should be there to anchor an innings, so that the batsmen at the other side can explode.

What happened today, IMO, is that Murali Vijay was struggling and they had to make a move in the powerplays so Raina started hitting. As Murali got out, the rate still being low, so they have to start playing hard. Mumbai have class in there bowling department, with Ohja,Bhajji, Malinga and Pollard. They were unable to break free. Why was there no-one to steer the innings for the Super Kings.

I think Mumbai should go hard at them and get a good NRR. Never know, might come in useful :)

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Those International Tours and tournaments don't have that much matches and a special forum is not created for them but the tournaments like World Cup,IPL a new forum is created and it has been happening for a long time

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
There isn't a thread where we can discuss IPL matches as we have for International tournaments, so lets discuss it here.
Matches are discussed in their vBookie thread. Use this thread for off topic discussion of the IPL, like the General Cricket Chat thread.

Fenil

Matches are discussed in their vBookie thread. Use this thread for off topic discussion of the IPL, like the General Cricket Chat thread.

Good idea.

Well, I wonder how much the non-availability of James Hopes will hurt his team. He haven't done much with both bat and ball in the tournament.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Hopes hasn't done much in the previous editions that he has played in. Would'nt hurt the teams much.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
ON topic, I not a big fan of IPL, and have to say the first game so far, had no real omph in it. Really boring, regurlar cricket. More importantly for the BCCI, there were a lot of empty seats. Not good when the top teams are playing against each other. The track looked grassy but I guess that is to preserve the track for the whole tournament. I not really looking forward to the IPL.

The empty seats were because there is currently a stand-off going on between the Chennai Metropolitan Development Authorities and the state government over the approval of those three new stands that were built (there were not allowed to sell those tickets even during the Champions League and the India-WI ODI's). Dont know what exactly is the issue and how they have the authority to block the sale of tickets for those 2-3 stands, but those stands cannot be sold for some political reason. The rest of the stadium was sold out, and in fact lot of people went home disappointed because they couldn't get tickets.

Last edited:

Fenil

Does it usually rains this heavily in this part of the year in that part of India? Its rather unusual. We usually have rains starting in July.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
BCCI suspends five players

BCCI suspends five IPL players after India TV sting operation. The governing council has also ordered an enquiry into the charges. IPL Commissioner Rajiv Shukla confirms the suspension.

Two of the five players are T Sudhindra and Shalabh Shrivastava.

Fenil

The 5 IPL players that BCCI suspended are:

TP Sudhindra (Deccan Chargers), Mohnish Mishra (Pune Warriors), Shalabh Srivastava (Kings XI Punjab), Amit Yadav (Kings XI Punjab) and a player named as "Bali".

The IPL governing council has suspended five players named by the India TV sting operation alleging corruption until a committee appointed to investigate the accusations conducts its inquiry. TP Sudhindra (Deccan Chargers), Mohnish Mishra (Pune Warriors), Shalabh Srivastava (Kings XI Punjab), Amit Yadav (Kings XI Punjab) and Bali were the players suspended, according to IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla.
Source: Cricinfo

Users who are viewing this thread