Is Brian Lara's any good on 360?

I have played a few games both single player and with a few freinds on the 360 and heres what i found -

- once a batsmen is in its very difficult to get him out (be it AI or Human), you can drive vitually every ball, and pull shots from way on off stump to leg.

- the fielding also compounds this as many shots go through fielders, plus the throwing is terrible even if you hit the sweet spot, so singles are easy (you can run when the wicket keeper has it)

- catches are very difficult especially slip and wicket keeper, and the only ones if caught are by chance.

- it seems very much that when you are bowling you are waiting for a mistake rather than being able to bowl a batsman out, me and a mate did a test match v Australia and they whacked us for about 10 an over and we only got wickets by them mistiming a lofted shot (which they didnt need to do) playing a leg cut to a ball on the off (?) or getting a silly run out, the rest of the time they could easily hit fours and run singles cos even supposedly good throws were loopy and slow.

- in one day it is a bit better because the computer is a little more adventurous, but again its a case of them getting out rather than good bowling, if you bowl just outside off stump on a good length they can pull it across or drive it for four.

- there are also many other errors such as the keepr taking the bails off everytime, the ridiculous number of misfields, the fact that none of the fielders dive, the errors calling John Lewis a fast bowler for example, and Malingas action on Fernando

all in all if you havent bought it yet i wouldnt

is it possible to patch 360 games, with some obvious tweaks this game could still be alright..

my gripes

wicket keeper taking bails off
stupid crowd guy going whooooooop all the time
too many dropped catches

jiz2004 said:
is it possible to patch 360 games, with some obvious tweaks this game could still be alright..

my gripes

wicket keeper taking bails off
stupid crowd guy going whooooooop all the time
too many dropped catches

The catching system isn't too bad if you're playing with a friend as whoever isn't bowling has to field. My mates played against me on Test level and took 4 catches including 2 one handed slip catches. It would be good if the meter went at different speeds depending on the difficulty of the catch though.

Maybe there could be a patch to be bought on x box marketplace or is that just never gonna happen. Could a patch be made that would work on the 360? Anyone know?

And that bloke that keeps wooooooing should never have passed testing. (if it was even playtested) A preview from Codemasters said that you would now be able to leave balls without your confidence being lowered but that was clearly a LIE as your confidence gets obliterated if you leave any delivery. :mad
As I said, not been playtested to any depth!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread