Is moving the bowler cursor around fair? please vote

Moving the bowling cursor is fair?

• Total voters

Lee1981

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I like to move the cursor around during the run up in online play, i know where im going to place it at the last second so its not like i dont have a plan and im just hoping for the best which i believe is not fair. the reason for the thread is in the last few days ive had more quitters than ive ever known before and alot of them have messaged me saying my bowling is cheating thats why they quit, i tend to believe its just the fact they dont like losing and im just very good at bowling i very rarely get scores of over 50 in a 20/20 against me, and to be honest when players have bowled this way to me it has never caused me problems unless there is lag which in that case any bowling is deadly.
Just thought id throw it out there to you guys!

You'll get best results by adding a poll. :)

For what it's worth, I don't think it's fair.

I think its fair, in real life the batsman has to make a last second decision, he has no cursor that tells him where the ball will land when the bowler is running up.

I think its fair, in real life the batsman has to make a last second decision, he has no cursor that tells him where the ball will land when the bowler is running up.

But in real life, you're at the crease and it's a lot easier to judge what the ball's doing.

It's absolutely fair. Its how you play the game. If its do-able in the game then I personally think you should do it if you want. Lee1981, do you have a Playstation ID? I'd love to play against you and try to score more than 50 ;)

On PC with lag -> its UNFAIR.

With controller, you can change direction of shot at last second which you can't do with keyboard.

MuchMore added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

It's absolutely fair. Its how you play the game. If its do-able in the game then I personally think you should do it if you want. Lee1981, do you have a Playstation ID? I'd love to play against you and try to score more than 50 ;)

Not everything which is 'doable' should be done. Its better if we don't do every 'doable' thing and try to keep things fair and realistic.

But in real life, you're at the crease and it's a lot easier to judge what the ball's doing.

That makes no sense at all Steve, no offence.

The game is already so heavily favored for the batsman. I understand the people with lag getting frustrated with a moving cursor, but that is their problem. I have no lag and a moving cursor is no different to a still one as you can change shot selection at the very last second.

its not fair to change your cursor last micro second for PC, patch has to do something
Lee1981 whats your ID?

I like to move the cursor around during the run up in online play, i know where im going to place it at the last second so its not like i dont have a plan and im just hoping for the best which i believe is not fair. the reason for the thread is in the last few days ive had more quitters than ive ever known before and alot of them have messaged me saying my bowling is cheating thats why they quit, i tend to believe its just the fact they dont like losing and im just very good at bowling i very rarely get scores of over 50 in a 20/20 against me, and to be honest when players have bowled this way to me it has never caused me problems unless there is lag which in that case any bowling is deadly.
Just thought id throw it out there to you guys!

Things are so heavily loaded in favor of the batsman (can only comment pre-patch as I'm on PS3) that such tactics balance out the battle a little bit. I personally struggle a bit against manic movement of the cursor during the delivery stride, but hardly find it unfair. When bowling, I tend to move the cursor ever so slightly at the last second along with the delivery type.

More than cursor moving, what I find tear-my-hair-out frustrating is folks who'll bowl over after over of light-green-yorkers.

Have added up a poll :)

I don't really Do them..I think its not fair. but when other do them against then I do it aswell.
its pretty annoying when you are batting first and you bowl porpaly and then when they are bowling then they use this method..Losers.. I still beat them anyway:D.
I still haven't lost online yet.

Even though i tend not to move the cursor, I am not that offended when someone does that while i am batting.
Lag is the more irritating part than moving the cursor (When there is no lag)

I don't really Do them..I think its not fair. but when other do them against then I do it aswell.
its pretty annoying when you are batting first and you bowl porpaly and then when they are bowling then they use this method..Losers.. I still beat them anyway:D.
I still haven't lost online yet.

whats your online id only if your ps3
I reckon id beat you

Personally I think the games is too biased towards batsmen so anything that can help the bowlers must be welcomed.

Trouble for me is is that I can't do it that well! I'm like a headless chicken trying to get a bargepole through a donut!

I find anyway that if I just bowl to my plan and use many variations in speed, length and line that I consistently get wickets. I don't win every game but I don't have to. I just have to enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread