Is there a Hook shot in this game ?

SuperMaster

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can some one post some genuine Hook shots. When i say Hook, it is not a pull shot. Hook shot is on a shot pitch delivery or a bouncer played between square leg and deep fine leg.

i have played many a pull shots but have not yet executed a proper hook shot. I have played glance shots over fine leg but that is not a hook. I wonder if there is a capability to play this shot in DBC14.

If yes please post some shots or even videos if you have.

Yup, I havent see it too..No Hook shots for me..played a lot in both PS3 and PC..

Yup, I havent see it too..No Hook shots for me..played a lot in both PS3 and PC..
Isn't it funny that such a crucial shot in the game and no mention about this by any one in this forum. One of the ways to tackle middle and leg side short deliveries is to hook it. Well !! Big Ant could keep this in mind and would be good to include this shot in the game if possible....

I've played a lot of hooks, and got out to them a lot. Maybe it's just a late timed pull shot, but when I was playing veteran on career mode I frequently got the ball down to deep fine leg off quicker bowlers and using the aggressive trigger would get me caught in the hook trap fielding positions.

Haven't played on vet since the updates, but on pro I have noticed that my pull shots go in front of the wicket to slower bowlers and square to quicker bowlers.

Yea there are hook shots but the edge never carries to deep fine leg or square leg off them. Probably thats why the bouncer is not really a dangerous ball in the game. You can even control shots played off ball above eye level.

deep fine leg i have had miss time pulls hooks caught there, have had edges of pull go to ,backward square leg, leg gully as well as square leg, short midwicket, i do get decent amount of edges while pulling due to change of pace, may be you need to step up the difficulty, im paying on legend.

Hook shots are in there but you need (I think?) a head high ball and to be playing off the back foot.

If you try to pull a head high ball off the front foot you get a useless leg glance instead. Which is fair enough. You can't really pull a ball off the front foot if it's coming through head high.

here's one i just had going at deep square leg area, couldn't be bothered with a video. may be later.
2014-10-12_00099.jpg 2014-10-12_00103.jpg 2014-10-12_00097.jpg 2014-10-12_00095.jpg 2014-10-12_00101.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1413131702][/DOUBLEPOST]2014-10-12_00109.jpg

I too don't find hook shot till now..[DOUBLEPOST=1413702524][/DOUBLEPOST]I too don't find hook shot till now..

I too don't find hook shot till now..[DOUBLEPOST=1413702524][/DOUBLEPOST]I too don't find hook shot till now..
The need for a hook shot pales into insignificance compared to the need for a front foot square drive. Not being able to play a drive between gully and extra cover is badly preventing any semblance of realism when it comes to distribution of strokes.

The only shot that can be played square of the wicket on the offside is the square cut (not including the gimmicky reverse sweep). Trying this shot on full balls will see you get bowled. I think the lack of a square drive is a major factor behind there being such a high tendency to play strokes through and behind square leg.

Square drives are a very common shot in real cricket. In fact I would say a high proportion of offside drives go between gully and extra cover, however the game doesn't represent this adequately IMO. @fiction

Square drives are a very common shot in real cricket. In fact I would say a high proportion of offside drives go between gully and extra cover, however the game doesn't represent this adequately IMO. @fiction

In my opinion, a simple workaround they could give in an update is that they could increase the radius of the Cover Drive so that it covers the area between point and extra cover.

Like this;
cricket.png

In my opinion, a simple workaround they could give in an update is that they could increase the radius of the Cover Drive so that it covers the area between point and extra cover.

Like this;
cricket.png

I agree - you could easily modify the range of each shot in Cricket 07, would be great to see this modification in DBC 14.

The only shot that can be played square of the wicket on the offside is the square cut (not including the gimmicky reverse sweep). Trying this shot on full balls will see you get bowled. I think the lack of a square drive is a major factor behind there being such a high tendency to play strokes through and behind square leg.@fiction
I've kinda square-driven... between mid-off and cover point. Haven't got one through gully yet, but I'm not sure I even play drives in the direction (I tend to cut the wide ones). Seems an odd shot to leave out, given how often it happens in real life, both deliberately and inadvertently...

Users who are viewing this thread