Italian Football Thread

The Rome derby never fails to entertain. Radu - just what the hell lol? Ran up about 10 paces to headbutt Simplicio, right in front of the linesman (and I mean right in front) to get himself sent off. Was a really pansy headbutt as well.

I can't understand one thing . People seem to say BPl is much more competitive than Serie A , but yet as it turns out , my favourite clubs in each league stand like this :

BPL - Liverpool - 29 pld 42 pts 6th place
Serie A - Roma - 29 pld 49 pts 6th place

Even the top teams differ by 2 points with milan on 62 and united on 60 .

1. Milan 62-60 Man Utd
2. Inter 57-57 Arsenal(played a game less)
3. Napoli 56-53 ManCity
4. Udinese 53-51 Chelsea(played a game less)
5. Lazio 51-48 Tottenham(played a game less)
6. Roma 49-42 Liverpool

So IMO they are atleast equal in standards to the BPL , if not greater in competitiveness let alone the European competitions .

Serie A is hottening up bigtime . Milan screw , Inter win ! Surely , not again ??

Milan 62
Inter 60

Bring the Derby already !

Let's not forget Napoli who are back in the race again. After a dreadful first half, they really stepped it up in the second - performance of champions?

Napoli also play Inter in the 2nd last week of the season.

Italy squad to face Slovenia and Ukraine:

Buffon (Juventus), Sirigu (Palermo), Viviano (Bologna); Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti (Palermo), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Genoa), Gastaldello (Sampdoria); Maggio (Napoli), Ranocchia (Inter), Santon (Cesena), Aquilani (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Mauri (Lazio), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Inter), Nocerino (Palermo), Parolo (Cesena); Cassano (Milan), Gilardino (Fiorentina), Giovinco (Parma), Matri (Juventus), Pazzini (Inter), Rossi (Villarreal)

Sad to see De Rossi and Balotelli miss out owing to disciplinary issues . We are well poised to make the finals , but still Slovenia away from home is a tricky tie to barge with , especially given they are just 3 points adrift of us . If we can get away with a draw , then we should definitely end up topping the table .

Welcome back GIGI Buffon :)

----------

Happens to be a 4-3-3 formation with :

Buffon

Santon - Bonucci - Chiellini - Criscito

Aquilani - Montolivo - Motta

Cassano - Pazzini - Rossi

Serie A is hottening up bigtime . Milan screw , Inter win ! Surely , not again ??

Milan 62
Inter 60

Bring the Derby already !

Hoping the Milan derby is going to be a cracker. Ibrahimovic is really gonna be a big miss for Milan.

The inevitable was bound to happen , wasn't it ?? Thiago Motta , our Brazilian import scores an absolute stunner on his competitive Azurri debut , good enough to win 3 points . Huff , should have won by 4-5 goals though given the number of chances and the domination we possessed .

Last edited:
His debut was last month in the friendly against Germany. Good goal though. Nice 1-2 with Balzaretti and smashed it in the bottom corner.

Hmm i felt Montolivo looked a bit rusty yesterday giving possession away too recklessly but yeah , Aquilani looked the best player to me along with Buffon . Even now , i am wondering about the WC match against Slovakia had Buffon been in goal .

Buffon is f'in great. Still the best keeper around in my eyes. What a legend.

Buffon is f'in great. Still the best keeper around in my eyes. What a legend.

For sure man.

Also looking at the XI Italy played yesterday. Add Pirlo & De Rossi back to that mid-field & they could look decent again:

------------------------------------------Buffon----------------------------------------

Maggio------------------Bonucci-----------------Chellini----------------Balzaretti

---------------Aquillani/Montolivio-------Motta------------De Rossi----------------

-----------------------------------------Pirlo-------------------------------------------

--------------------------Cassano---------------Pazzini------------------------------

Yeah , a strong looking Italy side there except that i would favour Abate at RB to Maggio . That said , Maggio is classy as well .

Abate's yet to be capped. Maggio, Santon and Cassani are better than him.

Abate's yet to be capped. Maggio, Santon and Cassani are better than him.

Abate has had a fabulous season at Milan , so why not give him a chance ?? Maggio's crosses weren't satisfying enough against Slovenia .

Users who are viewing this thread