I've finally got it! BUT... (PC version)

The files are heavily fragmented, 34% according to Diskeeper, so thats your most likely issue. I always defrag after any install/uninstall, helps to ensure top performance.

I get 60fps locked on the full game, never drops, even on my laptop. 9800m GTS, 4GB RAM, C2D 2.66ghz

MB said:
Edit: Nope, didn't work. Loading times have been slashed though.

Off to ATI to get some new drivers then...

And if that doesn't work, you are so going to hear me, Codemasters. :mad

Crikey, you shouldnt be getting poor performance like this, maybe an ATI issue?

The files are heavily fragmented, 34% according to Diskeeper, so thats your most likely issue. I always defrag after any install/uninstall, helps to ensure top performance.

I get 60fps locked on the full game, never drops, even on my laptop. 9800m GTS, 4GB RAM, C2D 2.66ghz

Crikey, you shouldnt be getting poor performance like this, maybe an ATI issue?

As I said, the files were badly fragmented, but defragging only slashed the load times - it did nothing for FPS. Maybe I need new drivers.

Update to catalyst 9.8 drivers.

I get stuttering on my pc with this game. It happens randomly as the bowler is running up every now and then. Only happens offline.

Its a bug basically.

Are you sure 9.8 is out? The latest I could find at the ATI site is 9.7. I'm going to install those anyway, as I'm fairly sure the ones I've been using up to now were the ones that came with the card (didn't cause SF 4 any problems though - 60fps average and that's a bit more graphically intense than AC09, I'm sure you'll agree!)

Are you sure 9.8 is out? The latest I could find at the ATI site is 9.7. I'm going to install those anyway, as I'm fairly sure the ones I've been using up to now were the ones that came with the card (didn't cause SF 4 any problems though - 60fps average and that's a bit more graphically intense than AC09, I'm sure you'll agree!)

Catalyst 9.8, on the left hand side scroll down a little.:)

Oh, ok. I installed the 9.7s, didn't work. Do you reckon there's any point trying the 9.8s, or shall I just post this ridiculous issue in the patch thread and then go shout at Codemasters?

According to me updating drivers for the display card won't enhance its performance tht much....

As, i also Pm'ed u, in my case too, the fps (thanks for letting me know about FRAPS) is fluctuating real bad.... even i have a decent config -

- Intel Core 2 Duo - T5750 2.0 Ghz
- 3 GB RAM
- GeForce 8600M GT

Surely, some glitch in the game optimization part....

According to me updating drivers for the display card won't enhance its performance tht much....

As, i also Pm'ed u, in my case too, the fps (thanks for letting me know about FRAPS) is fluctuating real bad.... even i have a decent config -

- Intel Core 2 Duo - T5750 2.0 Ghz
- 3 GB RAM
- GeForce 8600M GT

Surely, some glitch in the game optimization part....

but the problem is,it is happening in few case ,if a 9400 can run the game at 45,it will fly with 4850/8600

No loading or frame rate problems here, everything loads quickly, and since I've turned off the special effects I've never had a freeze. I'm running at 1920 x 1200 everything maxed except se. Graphics on latest Nvidia 190.38 drivers.

Last edited:
Oh, ok. I installed the 9.7s, didn't work. Do you reckon there's any point trying the 9.8s, or shall I just post this ridiculous issue in the patch thread and then go shout at Codemasters?

Upgraded mine Nvidia 8600M GT drivers too....

But, no distinct difference....

FPS ranging from 35 to 63. BTW - whats the cause of that big range in FPS?

What's your Anti-Virus, Steve?

Also, close things like web browsers and chat clients down in the Task Manager. They hog resources. Ever ran CCleaner? If not, do it. Removes so much Crap (used to be called CrapCleaner) from your PC that you didn't even know existed!

may be a Ati only problem :facepalm:doh

If it is, I expect a hotfix, Codies. Fast.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

What's your Anti-Virus, Steve?

Also, close things like web browsers and chat clients down in the Task Manager. They hog resources. Ever ran CCleaner? If not, do it. Removes so much Crap (used to be called CrapCleaner) from your PC that you didn't even know existed!

Yes, I run CCleaner on a regular basis - just got rid of around 3gb of stuff from the C:\ partition. Hold on a sec: would defragging the C:\ help, as it's the system partition? I've already done D:\ (with the result that the loading times are slashed).

My AV is AVG 8.5, but it's never caused any problems with games before, not even while online and I really don't like the idea of going online with de activated virus killers. :)

Going to try defragging C:\ and then I might try installing the game on the new HDD. Anything's worth a try, eh?

Anyway, I've added this issue to the first post in my patch thread; chances are I'm not the only person with this configuration having this problem in the whole world...

Users who are viewing this thread