I've finally got it! BUT... (PC version)

They can affect performance of games. Not always, but sometimes. Personally, can't stand AVG. But the difference in AV/Firewall combinations can have on the performance of a system is incredible, finding the right combo can make a difference.

Realistically though, it's probably nothing you could change. Try contacting Codies support, they might know something about it.

They can affect performance of games. Not always, but sometimes. Personally, can't stand AVG. But the difference in AV/Firewall combinations can have on the performance of a system is incredible, finding the right combo can make a difference.

Realistically though, it's probably nothing you could change. Try contacting Codies support, they might know something about it.

OK, now I am seriously confused!

I tried installing it on the new HDD - didn't work. Same choppy framerates. So then, I tried installing it under Win 7. Guess what? 60fps across the board! Can you believe that? This Win 7 is a definite buy for me: so far, it has made an old game that steadfastly refused to install, never mind run, on Win XP (Kingpin - Life of Crime) and now, it's running Ashes Cricket 2009 at 60fps instead of XP's 30fps!

Go figure...

It's a partial solution, because I still can't get my Wireless Adapter working with Win 7, so as yet, I won't be able to play online. As soon as I can though, it's bye, bye XP! Win 7 seems to be better in every conceivable way, going by my early experiences with it. If you preorder it, you get it for ?60 or something, don't you?

OK, now I am seriously confused!

I tried installing it on the new HDD - didn't work. Same choppy framerates. So then, I tried installing it under Win 7. Guess what? 60fps across the board! Can you believe that? This Win 7 is a definite buy for me: so far, it has made an old game that steadfastly refused to install, never mind run, on Win XP (Kingpin - Life of Crime) and now, it's running Ashes Cricket 2009 at 60fps instead of XP's 30fps!

Go figure...

It's a partial solution, because I still can't get my Wireless Adapter working with Win 7, so as yet, I won't be able to play online. As soon as I can though, it's bye, bye XP! Win 7 seems to be better in every conceivable way, going by my early experiences with it. If you preorder it, you get it for ?60 or something, don't you?

?65 from Amazon. What service pack are you running xp with, because it's normally very good.

?65 from Amazon. What service pack are you running xp with, because it's normally very good.

Win XP SP3. No other games are giving me issues, from old games like 'Pacific Assault' and 'Battlefront II', through 'Fable', and onto ultra modern ones like 'Streetfighter IV'!

Maybe 'Saints Row 2' will also run better under Win 7 - that stutters really badly too...

Win XP SP3. No other games are giving me issues, from old games like 'Pacific Assault' and 'Battlefront II', through 'Fable', and onto ultra modern ones like 'Streetfighter IV'!

Maybe 'Saints Row 2' will also run better under Win 7 - that stutters really badly too...

Ah the joys of computer gaming.:facepalm
Don't worry about online I decided to dip my toe in the water and created an account but there was no games there.

Using Win 7 and going back to XP is like eating out at Pizza Hut at its best and then going back to Sainsbury's basics range. It is so slick, it's not funny! I wish I could just get this damn wireless adapter working with it.

My config is almost same as yours MB76, my proccy is different(E84OO). Here are some reason for stuttering which i hve faced:
1)loose HDD cable or jammed. Yep it can cause stutters. Open up cabby, remove the sata cable and power cable & a plug them. Do this 3, 4 times.(sometimes the metal of cable reacts with air to form a layer which might cause problem). I would say that it would be better to invest in some new sata cables. They come dirt cheap these days.
2)HDD gone bad. Try defrag. When your game fr?ezes during gameplay or at menu, look at the power button on ur cabby. If there is a continous orange light then it is definitely ur HDD. If defrag doesnt solve this then get a new HDD.
3)get latest drivers of ur card. If you have ATI,then get 9.6 or wait for 9.8, 9.7 are crap drivers. FYI i am using 9.5.
4)if it is not HDD, then the culprit is your PSU. 4850 eats a crapload of power. Post your PSU ratings. I remember those days when crysis used to rape my PSU and give me shutdown after 15 min of gaming. New PSU changed everything.

If any of these points have been said before then i am sorry. I didnt read all the pages as i m travelling & thus browsing frm my mobile. Ahh....I gotta stop, my thumbs are hurting now.

I just played game today and was having too mutch screen stuttering and flicking,any suggestion to solve it.thank

E8400, 4850 ICEQ, XP SP3 - Loads of lag and stuttering, cant even enjoy after I hit a shot in the outfield in karachi stadium.:crying
All other games I can run in full setting without any lag whatsoever.:eek::help

E8400, 4850 ICEQ, XP SP3 - Loads of lag and stuttering, cant even enjoy after I hit a shot in the outfield in karachi stadium.:crying
All other games I can run in full setting without any lag whatsoever.:eek::help

i have the same problem damn couldn't even play game properly,any fix for that.thanks

Hi, I tried lowering the settings but its not of much help. The game is great and very enjoyable. I guess we have to switch to windows 7 for this ?;) Nice work codies.

Saints Row 2's a lost cause; you'd be best off picking it up for a console, it runs piss-poor on pretty well all PCs. :p May I recommend Prototype for a sandbox game? You can do whatever the hell you want, haha, run up buildings, throw people/cars/whatever off of them. It's the ultimate blow-the-fearsome tweak-out-of-everything game.

Whoa, that was off-topic.

Saints Row 2's a lost cause; you'd be best off picking it up for a console, it runs piss-poor on pretty well all PCs. :p May I recommend Prototype for a sandbox game? You can do whatever the hell you want, haha, run up buildings, throw people/cars/whatever off of them. It's the ultimate blow-the-flip-out-of-everything game.

Whoa, that was off-topic.

Prototype>>>>satins row2,prototype is just endless fun,
btw my fraps not working with this game:doh

Using Win 7 and going back to XP is like eating out at Pizza Hut at its best and then going back to Sainsbury's basics range. It is so slick, it's not funny! I wish I could just get this damn wireless adapter working with it.

Seriously, just buy a new wireless card.

Users who are viewing this thread