No Requests Jackal's IPL Base Mod with Optional Team Logos...New Add-On!

Jackal GB

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jackal's IPL Base Mod with Optional Logos

My IPL mod is now complete and released.

I call it a "base mod" because it allows me to build upon it and you to add other modder's work to it, without too much hassle. It will usually just require you to re-number the files.
But team kits require placing in specific folders to work.

It contains a couple of base features:

The background colours of the squad editor will now match associated IPL team colours.

The custom team names, aces, burn, lizards etc. have been replaced with the IPL team nicknames.

There are 3 folders that contain optional logos:

Adding the "editor corner logos" replaces those boring transparent logos in the top left corner of the squad editor with IPL team name and a customized team logo.

Adding "team logos" replaces the custom teams in the menus, editor and in-game, with my IPL Team logos.

Adding "video screen logos" will allow my Team Logos to appear on the in-game video screen.

This mod is compatable with Paree's (very awesome) IPL logos. BUT you have to renumber them to work correctly. (There's a logo re-numbering guide in the enclosed Readme)

This mod was designed with Aggz's excellent IPL kits in mind. But they MUST be installed in specific folders or the kits won't match up with the coloured background.
Refer to the Readme for install instructions. Hopefully, I made them clear enough. :)

**Important**
If you already have Aggz's IPL kits installed YOU MUST re-install them.

Note:
This mod was created and tested using version 1.0 of the game. If there was any modification to the temporary.xml in the 1.1 patch, it could affect your game.

NEW! Jackal's IPL Uniform Numbers Add-On!

This is an add-on for my IPL Base Mod.

This mod replaces the games uniform numbers of the IPL teams. The generic number colours have been replaced with those that are a closer match
to the appropriate team. These work best with Aggz's IPL kits.

The font has also been changed. The numbers now look more like the the ones used in the IPL.

Enjoy!

Jackal

Attachments

• rajscrn8x5.jpg
    rajscrn8x5.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 157
  • mtchscn.jpg
    mtchscn.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 94
  • selctscrn.JPG
    selctscrn.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 101
  • selscrn.jpg
    selscrn.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 92
  • SRHscrn.jpg
    SRHscrn.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 95
  • videoscrn.jpg
    videoscrn.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Jackals IPL Base Mod.7z
    2.1 MB · Views: 330
  • Jackals IPL Uniform Numbers.7z
    380.5 KB · Views: 186
  • DDscreen.jpg
    DDscreen.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 76
  • RCBscreen.jpg
    RCBscreen.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 71
  • KXIPscrn.jpg
    KXIPscrn.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 69
  • KKRmnscreen.jpg
    KKRmnscreen.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 82
  • CSKscrn.jpg
    CSKscrn.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 77
  • MIscrn.jpg
    MIscrn.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 72
  • gamescrn.JPG
    gamescrn.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 91
  • JklUnis1.jpg
    JklUnis1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

SRT

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Great Work.
Try To Release Them.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Woah!!!!! Brilliant start to AC09 modding and waiting for this exciting project

Jackal GB

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I have all the logos done. I've had to move them over to the left quite a bit in the squad editor. It's a shame, as it doesn't look quite as good. But in order for them to line up properly in the game it was a necessary evil.

Please keep in mind, my logos pale compared to Paree's. His are works of art. Mine are just simple, no frills additions that blend in a little better with the game, IMO. I'm happy with them, considering the source images I had to work with. I found I was a bit distracted in game with Paree's work, because it's so much better than the games graphics surrounding it. :lol

I do need to know from someone, if the temporary xml file was modified by the 1.1 patch. I am running v1.0 of the game, so it could pose a problem if there was any update to that file. Someone will have to send me a copy of the 1.1 temporary xml if that is the case. I can then update it, to reflect my changes.

Anyways, some more screenshots below.:D

Jackal

Attachments

• KXIPscrn.jpg
    KXIPscrn.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 37
  • MIscrn.jpg
    MIscrn.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DDscreen.jpg
    DDscreen.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 25
  • KKRmnscreen.jpg
    KKRmnscreen.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 25
  • RCBscreen.jpg
    RCBscreen.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Aggz

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
That's amazing stuff man, really nice! I know inputing the logos in game and the video screens is some work and you've done it really nicely. Changing the backgrounds and logos of the squad editor according to each team requires a lot of hard work and precision and you've nailed it.

And thanks for making the numbering of all the IPL kits, it's such a pain in the ass. :p

Top notch stuff. :)

Last edited:

Jackal GB

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I really appreciate the comments. Good feedback from established modders is always important when your the "new" guy. Thanks. :D

Jackal

Nikhil V

Banned
Exceptional work mate..I have a doubt..can we play with all 8 teams in same tournament with this mod? :)

Jackal GB

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Exceptional work mate..I have a doubt..can we play with all 8 teams in same tournament with this mod? :)

Thanks. :D

Unfortunately no. You can only use the four custom slots that were provided with the game.
I have attempted to add more teams. But so far, the game recognizes I have made changes, but no new team slots appear. I'm not sure if the game is hard-coded (the xml is set up for more teams) or I'm missing something. :(

Jackal

Last edited:

Nikhil V

Banned
Then replace some low class International teams in game like Bangladesh, Kenya, Ireland & Zimbabwe so we can have a full IPL tournament. :)

Jackal GB

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Then replace some low class International teams in game like Bangladesh, Kenya, Ireland & Zimbabwe so we can have a full IPL tournament. :)

Yeah, I could do that. Originally, I didn't want to remove any of the main teams, that's why I used the custom ones. But I can make a separate mod for it, replacing the teams you suggest. :)

Nikhil V

Banned
Yeah, I could do that. Originally, I didn't want to remove any of the main teams, that's why I used the custom ones. But I can make a separate mod for it, replacing the teams you suggest. :)

Wow that's so kind of u mate. :) Please if possible do like this

CDM XI - DD
TRN XI - KKR
DRG - SRH
ROW XI - KXIP
BAN - CSK
KEN - MI
IRE - RR
ZIM - RCB

It will be a grt help for me if u do the same like this order. :)

Jackal GB

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The four custom teams can be assigned by you, in the game's squad editor.
I just need to do the other four.

The countries and custom teams are setup differently in the xml file and in game. They will look different too.
The country slots require bowling, batting and fielding ratings to be input.
I can leave them where they are (they are pretty low) or you can suggest alternatives.

Jackal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread