Jacques Kallis retires from all international cricket

S

Satan666

One of the best cricketer of the last 20 or so years and an all time legend. He is right up there with the Pontings and Lara as being the best of the modern era. Been a pleasure to see him play live.

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Best cricketer of his generation by some margin. Unfortunate that the world cup eluded him, should have won it in 1999. Will miss King Kallis.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
An absolute giant of the modern game - one of the greatest allrounders of all time and one of the greatest batsmen of his generation at the same damn time.

[HASHTAG]#Respect[/HASHTAG]

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sobers v2

Understandable, but I think he should have played the WC15.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As noted his form recently hasn't been great so it's probably best he moves on and allows someone else a chance to shine at the WC. A great player but one that didn't really excite me when ever I saw him bat/bowl.

lion100lion

International Coach
Cricket will get the next Sachin, a new Dravid , a new Murali and Warne, a Gilchrist....
But the next Kallis ? Possibly No... Even India hasn't got the next Kapil Dev yet.

#missGenuineAll-rounders

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A great player but one that didn't really excite me when ever I saw him bat/bowl.

Really? I can understand the bowl part as it used to be mostly supporting figures, but his batting surely was eye-catching; exquisite cover and straight drives?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Cricket will get the next Sachin, a new Dravid , a new Murali and Warne, a Gilchrist....
But the next Kallis ? Possibly No... Even India hasn't got the next Kapil Dev yet.

#missGenuineAll-rounders

True that.... Good one! Getting allrounders like Kallis is an absolute rarity these days

stefan

International Coach
True that.... Good one! Getting allrounders like Kallis is an absolute rarity these days

First half of his career he was quite slow but this was dictated by not having many other good/great batsmen with him. Since the emergence of smith,amla and ab he did up his run rate quite a bit.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
This is sad news, I was expecting to see him in Australia. Great allrounders seem to be an extinct species now and Kallis may have been the last of them.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
This is sad news, I was expecting to see him in Australia. Great allrounders seem to be an extinct species now and Kallis may have been the last of them.
main-qimg-8f74aeb84039e74bc9aab096b1f8d633

Last edited:

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
In hindsight, it's a shame he didn't stick at Tests into this year, as then he might have made it through to the World Cup. Not playing much didn't seem to help his form. Good for him though that he's given it up now, rather than trying to hang on to the detriment of the team.

One of the best, ever.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sorry to bump an oldish thread but I was just thinking the other day that maybe Kallis retired too early and that despite his poor form in Sri Lanka he maybe should've waited until the conclusion of the Zimbabwe/Australia tri series, thoughts?

Obviously it would've been easier to gain some form against the Zimbabweans so maybe he should've stuck it out a little longer. You look at South Africa's current ODI team and if you swap McLaren with Kallis then it's a very strong eleven.

Users who are viewing this thread